Sign in to follow this  
raymar

Any Developer interest in the new HondaJet?

Thanks Dave, I have the Blue HJ installed and flying. He did a nice job. 7 years old and it looks just like what the plant is building today. Exact same paint scheme. I added some updated avionics and now having some fun with a new plane.Thanks again for the HU and link.Regards,Ray

I couldn't get the sound going...or get rid of the PIC/FO models....any tips?

Wouldn't an HD VC be nice?...maybe some ModelConverterX tweaks?

Playing devils advocate it with myself,

Ironically, the design is so smooth that even a 4K HD representation of the cockpit, and cabin, might be seen as Faux...even though that's precisely what the real deal looks like. It is a minimalist design, no frills, super clean, flowing, and functional, Asimo-like, no folds or unnecessary edges or even visible screwheads.

This should be an elevated project...especially by dint of the design and Stable, not only in terms of the texture, but the flight model as well.

Chas

My first sim flight simulator pD25zEJ.jpg

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2

I sure wish we could build a fire under one of our developers for this one. Here is what I put in the Carenado Phenom 300 review that I just uploaded for publishing this morning:

A simple suggestion to any business jet developer for FSX FSX:SE and P3D.

Go out an find yourself a young whipper-snapper coder that can build you a working simulation of the G3000. Yea, I know it hasn’t been done yet, but, that may be the perfect reason to do it. Now ask yourself, what hot smoking business jet would I put this ‘touch screen G3000 simulation’ in?

Let me help you out there, how about a:

Phenom 300 w/Touch G3000,

HondaJet w/Touch G3000,

Cessna CJ3+ w/Touch G3000

Cessna M2 w/Touch G3000,

Cessna Latitude w/Touch G3000

Are you starting to get the picture?

The Garmin G3000 is the replacement for the G1000 in Part 23 turbine aircraft. The G3000 Touch promises to be one of the simplest, most intuitive electronic flight deck systems ever designed and don’t give us that crap that it is too complicated – ask Flight1 how they managed to build the GTN 650/750 series Garmins for simulation.

I guess you all know that the newest Phenom 300 coming off the assembly lines in Melbourne, FL is the first business jet to have the G3000 Touch installed during production – they call it the Prodigy 3000 Touch. I predict it will only be a few short months until we will be seeing full retrofits in the existing fleet of Phenom 300s with Prodigy 300 panels. If you can spend $8 million, you can spend $9 million and have the latest panel and a little pocket change.

I wonder if I should give Jim Rhoads a heads up on this? I bet Flight1 could knock out those two Touch Screens to interface with a G1000 on steroids. Maybe we could call it a G2950 Touch – for simulation only. (just short of the G3000)

I was reading the news release just last night that Textron has shut down production of the CJ2+, but for a cool $1 Million and change they will rip out the Proline 21 and replace it with a full cockpit upgrade to the Cessna version of the Garmin G3000. Not sure about the Touch screens in this one, but would guess everyone will want them.

Regards,

Ray

109.jpg

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

The Garmin G3000 Trainer is $79 for starters.. and then you need to build the interface to FSX/P3D along with the inevitable support effort..

Could end up being an expensive addon  :wink:

Bert

The Garmin G3000 Trainer is $79 for starters.. and then you need to build the interface to FSX/P3D along with the inevitable support effort..

Could end up being an expensive addon  :wink:

\

But, a lot cheaper than anything else with all the features.

Ray

For your idea to work you would have to get Garmin aboard, if they would be interested to partner with somebody from the FSX/P3D world, so far as I heard they don't seem very interested. I am using Garmin G1000 trainer at home, there is nothing on the FSX/P3D platform that can touch realism of the trainer for which I paid only $35 (with shipping). For my own needs I would simply like to have G1000 trainer enhanced with good flight modelling of Cirrus aircraft - I would already be in heaven, I don't care for all the visuals of FSX/P3D anyway, I want to practice instrument procedures but having a decent flight model would add to the realism of the trainer. 

For your idea to work you would have to get Garmin aboard, if they would be interested to partner with somebody from the FSX/P3D world, so far as I heard they don't seem very interested. I am using Garmin G1000 trainer at home, there is nothing on the FSX/P3D platform that can touch realism of the trainer for which I paid only $35 (with shipping). For my own needs I would simply like to have G1000 trainer enhanced with good flight modelling of Cirrus aircraft - I would already be in heaven, I don't care for all the visuals of FSX/P3D anyway, I want to practice instrument procedures but having a decent flight model would add to the realism of the trainer.

The Garmin G1000 trainer has been free (cd version) for several years now and I suspect the G3000 trainer will also be a free download item one day. We don't need Garmin 'onboard' to any greater extent than they were with the GNS packages for the last 10 years or so and the same for the Flight1 GTN packages that access the GTN650/750 trainers, also a free download from Garmin.

Like most everything worthwhile, it starts with an idea, a suggestion, and after all the grumbling and naysayer fall by the wayside, we have a new product.

Regards,

Ray

In Honda Red...

HondaJet%282%29-L.jpg

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

The Garmin G1000 trainer has been free (cd version) for several years now

I don't see anything 'free' of this kind on Garmin site. The sell their CDs for $25 plus shipping.

GTN packages that access the GTN650/750 trainers,

Perhaps this is true about the GTN trainers, never used them, I don't know. I imagine if this was also true about G1000 we would have by now sim packages accessing G1000 trainers - as far as I know all G1000 available on FSX are reverse engineered versions of G1000, they aren't 'true' G1000. 

I don't see anything 'free' of this kind on Garmin site. The sell their CDs for $25 plus shipping.

Perhaps this is true about the GTN trainers, never used them, I don't know. I imagine if this was also true about G1000 we would have by now sim packages accessing G1000 trainers - as far as I know all G1000 available on FSX are reverse engineered versions of G1000, they aren't 'true' G1000.

Garmin would probably be hard put to come up with a 'true' G1000. Truth is, there are many, many true G1000 and all have differences from the others. Airplane manufacturers like to be able to market something 'special' for their version.

When I was flying C182 for the Civil Air Patrol, we had 3 different versions (editions) of the G1000, depending on the year of manufacture of the airplane by Cessna. The CAP got about a 100 planes a year for about 4 or 5 years and we had continuous training for the G1000. I flew an SR22 Turbo with a totally different G1000 but had no trouble figuring it out just a little too much fumbling around.

One of the major differences in the G1000s has to be the Engine monitoring sections and the Communications section for the various airplanes and engine combinations. This would mostly be in the MDF but in the Reversion mode it would also affect the PFD.

As for the free G1000 trainer cd, try any Garmin dealer, or most any Avionics shop. I doubt any of them are willing to pick up the tab for the postage and handling for a total stranger with no hint of future business.

Regards,

Ray

In Honda Red...

HondaJet(2)-L.jpg

Looks nice in Red. and blue, and yellow and green and . .

Regards,

Ray

Truth is, there are many, many true G1000 and all have differences from the others.

By 'true' I meant genuine Garmin software, I am aware there are multiple software versions, I even have multiple versions for the same Cirrus (the latest have holds, some don't, other diffs, etc.).

Looks nice in Red. and blue, and yellow and green and . .

Baltimore Ravens colors on climb out of New Orleans.  Tail number is the final score of Super Bowl XLVII vs the Patriots!

HondaJet_Ravens-L.jpg

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Nothing against this little machine, but there are many other bizjets that I'd prefer to be developed for FS.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

By 'true' I meant genuine Garmin software, I am aware there are multiple software versions, I even have multiple versions for the same Cirrus (the latest have holds, some don't, other diffs, etc.).

Hmmm. I have never seen or heard about a 'knockoff Garmin Trainer' software package. Doesn't make sense to me. I have also never seen a G1000 trainer cd with a Garmin label on it. duh.

Regards,

Ray

Baltimore Ravens colors on climb out of New Orleans.  Tail number is the final score of Super Bowl XLVII vs the Patriots!

HondaJet_Ravens-L.jpg

Very Clever. Are you going to have a special repaint when the Panthers win the next Superbowl?

Regards,

Ray

Nothing against this little machine, but there are many other bizjets that I'd prefer to be developed for FS.

Just for grins. What is the top 3 o 4 on your wish list?

Regards,

Ray

I have never seen or heard about a 'knockoff Garmin Trainer' software package

G1000s by Flight1, Simionic, Mindstar are such 'knockoffs' (not necessarily my choice of word), they are approximations (some better than others) of G1000,

meant to work within the FSX/P3D/X platforms. They are 'reverse' engineered versions of real G1000, the software wasn't written by Garmin.

I have also never seen a G1000 trainer cd with a Garmin label on it

:Doh:  Hmmm..all my G1000 trainer cds have Garmin labels on it with version #, type of aircraft, copyright info, etc.

I love the little freeware HJ and with Bert's help put a GTN 750 in it and then made 5 paints all in factory colors.

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png