Sign in to follow this  
mtaxp

SkyMaxxPro 2 - Cloud shadows!

We need hi fi

Then you need to recommend X-plane to all your friends and support its current add-on makers. Let 3PDs know that there is $$$ in them hills.

They seem to want 3rd party's to do aircraft and scenery - so if they could at least handle the WX getting better and better it'd be nice for sure.

An extremly simplified opinion what the developpers of X-Plane really have to do, especially since there already are companies that treied to fix these problems for FSX. Simplygive them an API to attach to X-Plane and they will do their bestfor this new plattform. And if you look at the features of 10.30 it becomews obvious that they decided to go this way.

An extremly simplified opinion what the developpers of X-Plane really have to do, especially since there already are companies that treied to fix these problems for FSX. Simplygive them an API to attach to X-Plane and they will do their bestfor this new plattform. And if you look at the features of 10.30 it becomews obvious that they decided to go this way.

I'm not sure of what exactly you're saying...

Are you taking a shot @ me?  or ?

No he is stating the api for xpx isnt quite there yet....

Unfortunately us developers are limited by whats available in the sdk...... Good news with the success of SkyMAXX and other add-ons LR is focused on helping us out its just going to take time....

Are you taking a shot @ me?  or ?

No, you simply totally miss that Laminar has no real resources to really develop a powerfull weather engine.

They used the "nhormal" method based on METAR, but if you look at the informations that MET&AR delivers  it becomes pretty much obviuous that it can't work as a suitable database for the weather that a plane has to travel through. It is only ewuipped to give some informations for take-off and landing.. They don't give you ANY indication what happens outside their direct location.,

You cahn't program a realistc weather simulation with only this data. You can only use this data as additional references for your real engine. Laminar doesn't really whish to offer a perfect engine. They only offer a solution that works to a certain point. But if there are companies who are better in it, then so be it.

SkyMAXX is an alternative but if you really want weather engines for flight simulatores, they are already there.

They have something that you can really describe as a weather engine.

An additional output format isn't so difficult or expensive for them compared to their real work. For them X-Plane would simply be an additional plattform It is the easiest and probably fastest approach for a better weather engine. Don't try< to beat them, use them for a common goal.  Every improvement they make for FSX miaht also be an improvement for X-Plane and they are in the rather comfortable situation that they don't have to vare which plattform has the most customers: FSX, P3D or X-Plane.

No, you simply totally miss that Laminar has no real resources to really develop a powerfull weather engine.

No offense, but I'm not "missing" anything here.  We are just disagreeing is all.

I simply disagree with you that they don't have the resources.  

They've built XP from the ground up over all this time and I'm sure they could make a stellar weather simulation if it was a priority of theirs.

What I was voicing is my opinion that I wish it were more of a core priority of Laminar's seeing as how they have always liked XP to be seen as a realistic simulation tool (not so much a game).

A first class weather engine, natively supported, in my opinion should be part of the feature set of the simulator, out of the box from Laminar.

I'm sure they could make a stellar weather simulation if it was a priority of theirs.

You totally miss that they already have quzite a huge list of other possible priorities.

ATC, KI traffic, improvements in the graphic enggine like long distance views, seasons...Ecery one of these features has the same right to become a priority.

They simply have no one who has the time to develop a realistic weather engine.A better GPS was a long time requirement by many simmers, but they were only able to add this when they added Philipp to their staff.

You totally miss that they already have quzite a huge list of other possible priorities.

ATC, KI traffic, improvements in the graphic enggine like long distance views, seasons...Ecery one of these features has the same right to become a priority.

They simply have no one who has the time to develop a realistic weather engine.A better GPS was a long time requirement by many simmers, but they were only able to add this when they added Philipp to their staff.

Ok, we'll just have to disagree.

None of us know internally what their priorities may be towards the future.

You're speculating a ton on "knowing" their resources and priorities.

And if you don't think the company that made the entire XP Sim *could* make a great weather engine if they wanted to, I'd disagree there for sure.

Anything is possible - Just requires prioritization.

They are actually very transparent with their intentions for the future of X-Plane.....

Try hitting up the developer blog for more information.

Anything is possible but the complexity of xpx keeps the crew at LR very busy. The whole sim is very different from when it was launched.....

Rome wasnt built in a day my friend....

They wil probably put REX out of business if they ever offer it for PD3.

What I'm seeing in those photos and videos doesn't come close to REX.

Then you need to recommend X-plane to all your friends and support its current add-on makers. Let 3PDs know that there is $$$ in them hills.

I do... When it launched on steam i spent a good few hours on the forum there telling all the newcomers where to get the good stuff!

If you have access to both x-plane and a platform that uses active sky next go and take off from Samedan in switzerland and fly eastish right now in both. It's pretty crazy how different the same scenario can be...

They are actually very transparent with their intentions for the future of X-Plane.....

Anything is possible but the complexity of xpx keeps the crew at LR very busy. The whole sim is very different from when it was launched.....

Off topic but is there anything new in the works for UrbanMaxx ?

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 6800XT, Ram - 32GB, 32" 4K Monitor, WIN 11, XP-12 !

Eric Escobar

I'm on the Dev blog almost daily actually...

What they put there in no way indicates what may be on the v11 horizon is the thing.

I firmly believe that v10 has reached the point where they are over the tipping point on "let's do that in v11" with some things - and naturally those aren't going to be discussed (nor should they be).

(at least one example of this is likely more detail in the distance - they are planning to fix the *visibility* in the distance - but Ben is on record saying that there isn't any detail out there to see as it isn't how things were set up - Will have to come in a future update - Likely v11 since it's a major thing  

-- See "The Planet Could Look Better" under the "Better Long Range Vis" post on the Dev Blog - March 2014)

...and none of this has anything to do with my philosophical argument that I think the core product from LM should have a higher focus on getting the weather right.  

If it can't "look" spectacular from LM (and 3rd party's have to pretty it up), very well -- But out of the box, with the stated target and goals that LM has always had for XP - I think there should be greater emphasis on the wx engine.  

That's all I have been saying.

Everyone that uses XPX should send an e-mail to the OPUS developer asking him to support X-Plane that would be an excellent weather engine.OPUS and Skymax would be second to none

Whats the best weather

Everyone that uses XPX should send an e-mail to the OPUS developer asking him to support X-Plane that would be an excellent weather engine.OPUS and Skymax would be second to none

Thats a good Idia !

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 6800XT, Ram - 32GB, 32" 4K Monitor, WIN 11, XP-12 !

Eric Escobar