Sign in to follow this  
haskell

Alabeo DA-40

Did he do the TBM and Phenom as well?

AFAIK, Yes

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Alabeo and A2A are completely different.

Alabeo: Hit Ctrl+E, enjoy a relaxing flight and great visuals

A2A: Complete simulation of the aircraft and all its systems.

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

And Alabeo is half the price.... Much less if you consider in P3D - and sometimes I enjoy CTRL E and go!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

And another simple bug... the kind that drives me CRAZY! 

The logic on the park brake is reversed. When it is in the RELEASE position, the brakes are on. When it is in the HOLD position, brakes are off. 

How does something so simple get through the testing process? 

Ugh. 

Eddie
KABQ

This default GPS 430 of Alebeo DA40 works well? For me it looks like a bug - I always have trinagle in the center position and no correction line according active flight plan ( cours line - CDI Needle on GPS display ). Hmm...

Nowy_1.jpg

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.
Yoyosimsbanner.gif
Win 10 64, i9 9900k, RTX 3090 24Gb, RAM32Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: HP Reverb G2

Alabeo feels 'unfinished' in that they forgot to put any life into it. Or maybe I've just been spoilt by A2A!

I agree.   I excitedly bought it on release day and I personally find it very underwhelming.  It just has no magic about it.   It feels like flying a default aircraft to me, but with nicer texturing.   It has a predictable default aircraft style autopilot, and aside from the quite nice engine gauge, no systems provision as such, over and above a default aircraft.

Bear in mind I have been flying the A2A Cherokee almost exclusively before buying the Alabeo DA40 - so you can image the 'problem' in contrast.   :smile:

It's cheap but I still don't think I'd recommend it.   How many choices do we have for a 4 seat single?

Even putting the A2A Cherokee aside, I would never choose to fly the Alabeo DA40 over say, the Realair Legacy.......   just not going to happen.

Look at the current prices of the RealAir aircraft.. not much extra money there..

Exactly. And what a difference in immersion.

I just noticed that Lionheart Creations also have a DA40, which costs $2 higher than the Alabeo version and has a G1000. Has anyone tried that?

I have the Lionheart version. It is a G1000 model, which I don't really like. Also, a pretty dumbed-down G1000 much like Carenado's are.

I have the Lionheart version. It is a G1000 model, which I don't really like. Also, a pretty dumbed-down G1000 much like Carenado's are.

Eddie
KABQ

Thanks for the info on the G1000. Is the rest of the aircraft good though?

Oops. I am mistaken. I have the Iris Simulations DA-40. Visuals are just OK. Flight model seems a little pitchy. But not bad. 

The G1000 is just a skin for the default GPS. 

The Lionheart is actually more expensive than the Alabeo. I'd be interested to hear how it is as well. Although not a fan of G1000 anyway. 

Eddie
KABQ

I have the Lionheart DA40 - and the IRIS version - The Lionheart has default sounds but the model is better looking on the outside IMHO than the IRIS model. the IRIS model has better sound, but there is some noticeable sound wave repeating in cruise mode. The lionheart 3D instrument panel is cleaner and more natural looking also, however the cockpit surounds are a bit too low level for my liking. FDE is similar in both models, but I prefer the Lionheart as it seems a trifle more stable. The G1000 is improved over the default but not a fully optioned version  (slightly better I think than the G1000 from Carenado).

A2A said the strobe light will be fixed in 2.3, so I guess we can forget about that. But, are they even aware of those issues you described? If they make the startup procedure that hard (which is critical to the aircraft's performance), then they really need to be fixed.

Which aircraft is hard to start? A2A? Cherokee?

I have a (real world) video of a Piper Archer taking about 5 goes over a good 3 minutes to start due to someone leaving the primer part-out.

One thing I will note on the A2A Cherokee is that the Mixture seems to need too much leaning. At Sea level it's common to see ground ops at full rich (especially takeoff) but the A2A Cherokee needs a good '2 fingers worth' of leaning for takeoff at 0ft AMSL density altitude in the sim. I suspect this may be causing the 'difficult to start' problems?

Haven't gotten this DA40 yet though. A friend of mine flys (real) ones quite a bit. But now having been spoiled with the Cherokee... 

That said a faster plane with RealityXP GNS530 installed would be a bit of a treat... I just worry that I'd rather jump between the A2A Cherokee and the Realair Lancair LEG2.

Thank you for the interesting information on the other two DA40s.

Which aircraft is hard to start? A2A? Cherokee?
I have a (real world) video of a Piper Archer taking about 5 goes over a good 3 minutes to start due to someone leaving the primer part-out.

One thing I will note on the A2A Cherokee is that the Mixture seems to need too much leaning. At Sea level it's common to see ground ops at full rich (especially takeoff) but the A2A Cherokee needs a good '2 fingers worth' of leaning for takeoff at 0ft AMSL density altitude in the sim. I suspect this may be causing the 'difficult to start' problems?

Haven't gotten this DA40 yet though. A friend of mine flys (real) ones quite a bit. But now having been spoiled with the Cherokee... 

That said a faster plane with RealityXP GNS530 installed would be a bit of a treat... I just worry that I'd rather jump between the A2A Cherokee and the Realair Lancair LEG2.

I didn't say the Cherokee is generally hard to start, I commented on the issues Rob was experiencing.

Hi Everyone,

i want to ask if it is possible to change the panel with a g1000 version?

mfg

Tino

No, that wouldn't be possible I'm afraid.   The analogue panel in this aircraft is hard coded in to the virtual cockpit, and many of the gauges have 3D aspects.   So removing them and dropping in a G1000 isn't possible.