Sign in to follow this  
jasoncardeira

Problems with time compression 8x

Same with thie latest version of FSUIPC 9.3.1 

I'll try disabling FSUIPC for another check 

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

I have tried disabling just about everything except FSX itself and EZdok for cameras. The issue still persists. I will try reinstalling the base pack only to see if the issue is there. I'm just about out of ideas at this point. I don't think it's anything to do with my setup or configuration.

Paul

I have that problem and a weird problem with a route with waypoints. If the next waypoint is about 5 degress left that the previous one, the aircraft starts banking at maximum angle to the left but the route is shown in the opposite side where the aircraft is banking. Only when you select 4x comrpession or less, the route shows correctly. Very weird.. And yes, before the sp1 everything went fine. I didn't test yet the compression time with the LR, only with the ER, i'll make a test today if the problem happens with the LR too

Disabling FSUIPC did not help in this case. 

The control are recalibrated too.

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

I have that problem and a weird problem with a route with waypoints. If the next waypoint is about 5 degress left that the previous one, the aircraft starts banking at maximum angle to the left but the route shows inverted! I see the aircraft  banking in the opposite side of the route. Very weird.. And yes, before the sp1 everything went fine. I didn't test yet the compression time with the LR, only with the ER, i'll make a test today if the problem happens with the LR too

I'm experiencing the issue with the LR. Others have reported the ER has the same issue. Looks like both are affected.

Paul

Hope the dev team can solve this. Too many people affected with the same problem even with no hardware, inputs and configs changed after the sp1 release

I too am having auto-time compression problems. First of all, it doesn't seem to kick in as quickly as before, and it stays on "2X" for a very long time. 

I'm not an expert but this looks exactly like what prevented me from flying an actual route with the 777, even without SP1. Your rig just seems to not be able to handle such high sim rates anymore... Guess because the beast got too complex for your PC with SP1... Try disabling any winds and try to fly a long direct between SID and STAR. If the problem insists, I am mistaken. But this looks exactly what I've experienced with a weak system :(

I'm not an expert but this looks exactly like what prevented me from flying an actual route with the 777, even without SP1. Your rig just seems to not be able to handle such high sim rates anymore... Guess because the beast got too complex for your PC with SP1... Try disabling any winds and try to fly a long direct between SID and STAR. If the problem insists, I am mistaken. But this looks exactly what I've experienced with a weak system :(

Sorry, but we're not using any weather when we're testing. Also, system performance is not an issue. Simulating prior to SP1 at 16x was a non-issue. Further, simulating at 16x with the NGX is a non-issue. It's not performance related.

Paul

I'm seeing something similar as Paul demonstrated in his video above, although not quite as severe. Do you guys manually change the sim rate or do you use PMDG's auto time compression feature?

I'm using the auto time conversion feature, and both the LR and -300 will disable it during certain events as usual, just like pre-sp1. However, it takes both planes about 1-2 turns to get back on track and the whole "correction maneuver" takes about 10-15 seconds, but I'm not seeing anything as drastic as Paul does (although from the video it appears he's manually activated time compression).

I'll do some more testing and reading tonight to ensure it's not user error. FYI - I have not made any hardware changes (ch yoke, pedals, goflight throttles, radios etc.) and my system is running very stable at 30 FPS (I prefer performance over eye candy ;-) My system is only mildly overclocked on a dedicated Win7 64-bit sim-only machine. I'll provide more details if needed later, per Robert's request.

Stunning add-on though, I'm in awe about how the 300 hand flies!!!

Cheers,

Pete

I9-13900K, RTX 4090, DR5-6000MHZCORSAIR ICUE H150I ELITE, ASUS PRIME Z790-P, THERMALTAKE TOUGHPOWER GF3 1350W, WIN 11

I tried the two options: manual change and using the time compression on the FMC. the problem remains even with the FMC compression feature. I always had enable the manual feature before SP1 release and i never had this problem

Now with compression enabled in a straight heading the plane starts banking trhough the limits and i have to disconnect the AP to level the wings and after that i got about 10 yellow warnings on the eicas and i have to run a lot of checklists. Once more i hope the dev team take a look at this.

Now with compression enabled in a straight heading the plane starts banking trhough the limits and i have to disconnect the AP to level the wings and after that i got about 10 yellow warnings on the eicas and i have to run a lot of checklists. Once more i hope the dev team take a look at this.

yes i hope the pmdg guys give us a hotfix.