Sign in to follow this  
Rocky_53

Ezdok Editing Moves Too Big

I posted this over on the SimForums but to date I've had no replies, so I thought I'd try here. There is a tweak somewhere that I have tried, but after a reinstall of FSX I've forgotten what I need to do. When editing the camera positions and using the keyboard keys to move the camera, the moves are too big and I need to allow the camera to move in smaller amounts. Can anyone help? Cheers

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

You can adjust the camera movement speed in a setting menu within Ezdok. I'm at work so don't have it in front of me but the 3 camera areas (VC, spot and world) can be easily adjusted and set.

You can adjust the camera movement speed in a setting menu within Ezdok. I'm at work so don't have it in front of me but the 3 camera areas (VC, spot and world) can be easily adjusted and set.

Hiya VeryBumpy, ah, well it may be that I haven't explained myself properly. I know you can edit the speed of the camera when it moves from one position to another, when switching camera positions, I'm talking about during editing. I can't place the camera where I want as hitting the keys moves it too much, there is no fine adjustment for me to place the camera view exactly where I need it to go.

Ahh, no problem, got it sorted. I found the relevent value in the ezca ini file! Thanks all the same.

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke

Ahh, no problem, got it sorted. I found the relevent value in the ezca ini file! Thanks all the same.

Which setting please?

Ray

In the EZDok Studio go to Options>General settings. If you look at the 3 different camera categories (Virtual Cockpit, Aircraft, World) to the right in each section there are 4 buttons labelled 3D Game, Cinema, Walk and Float, these are camera motion presets. Clicking one of those 4 buttons adjusts the dials to the left to a predefined position, those dials change the way the view point reacts when you press the movement buttons i.e. arrow up, down, left, right, page up, and page down. Try the 4 presets first, there is likely one that you are happy with, if not then use the dials to the left to customise them to your liking.

Cheers, Andy.

Sounds like I went around things the long way :Whistle:

Howard

Andy, unless I'm mistaken, what you're referring to relates to the camera moves after editing has been achieved and switching views during a flight. The problem I was having was moving the camera while editing a camera move, trying to finely position the viewpoint.

It effects both as far as I can remember.

Cheers, Andy.

Rocklife I have your same problem, I understand what you need, especially when you pusg PgDown or PgUp to edit vertical signt.

We need guys little step moving during editing, all we need is this.

Riccardo

OS: Windows 10-64 bit, CPU: i7-7700K @4.20 GHz, GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 8GB GDDR5, RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz, MB: MSI Z270

Like I just said this is exactly what is does, why not try it, I could not have explained it any more clearly without making a video and I simply don't have time to make one, so I suggest you watch the tutorial videos available on the EZDok forum. I am sure there is one of them that shows you how to change the SPEED in the Virtual Cockpit profile section.

Cheers, Andy.

Yup, you're right Andy, as usual! Just tried it.

Howard

Confirmed, many thanks Andy ^_^

Riccardo

OS: Windows 10-64 bit, CPU: i7-7700K @4.20 GHz, GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 8GB GDDR5, RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz, MB: MSI Z270