Sign in to follow this  
Wendall

Carenado H850XP will have navigraph

It's nice that Carenado have listened to their Phenom customers and I'm sure the enhanced avionics (if well implemented) will really boost sales. Right now the only business jets with decent systems and FMS are Eaglesoft's Citation X v2 and CJ1.

Good news, but they first must conquer their misunderstanding of, and the implementation of, Autopilot FLC key function. "Within the limitations of FSX".. :lol:

I'm not exactly brimming with confident optimism for that reason. I'm hoping to be pleasantly surprised but I can't help but expect another half-arsed job. Perhaps they'll bring in someone who's experienced in such matters to assist them?

...1) They release an acceptable simulation of the PL-21 system... it'd get hyped as the first high-ish systems fidelity biz jet we've had in a while. Carenado sells a bunch of copies and rakes in the cash.

OR

2)They half-&@($* the product, all the while delaying it to customers. People buy it anyway, but end up wanting more. Those who wait for the F1 installer might return it with a lasting bitter taste in their mouths as once again Carenado doesn't deliver the whole thing.

I fully agree, I hope for the first outcome but I expect the second. I really want to be proved wrong and amazed, but I've been disappointed too many times in this hobby.

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

If I remember hearing correctly, Carenado recently hired on some new coders, I am not sure from where or how experienced they are, but this could be a reason why they are going for a more advanced flight systems model. Carenado & Alabeo have grown a lot over the past 2 years, in product sales and in man power, their whole "3D knobs" technology was brought in by a new team member that was hired on about 1 year ago.

I want to emphasize that I have no evidence to back this up, no official postings, none of that, its all rumor & speculation. That being said, the rumor does add up at least in a logical sense.

8414713730_2947d4201c_n.jpg

While I'd prefer a PMDG bizjet style setup I'd be happy with QW style and level of systems from Carenado.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

While I'd prefer a PMDG bizjet style setup I'd be happy with QW style and level of systems from Carenado.

The only way your can put Carenado and PMDG in the same sentence and expect something is visuals. Carenado's goal has never been high fidelity systems, now QualityWings style avionics IS doable by the Carenado team, their goal is to develop popular aircraft with moderate level simulated avionics, and FDE.

The only way your can put Carenado and PMDG in the same sentence and expect something is visuals. Carenado's goal has never been high fidelity systems, now QualityWings style avionics IS doable by the Carenado team, their goal is to develop popular aircraft with moderate level simulated avionics, and FDE.

If the Hawker has QW Avro/RJ type level's of systems simulations and the FDE is reasonable, I'll hand them my credit card.

The Navigraph support is a step in hte right direction, but Carenado's shortfalls at present aren't unfortunately limited to updateable nav data.   What we also need for example, is proper custom autopilots, with things like FLC / IAS Hold mode (and not via the autothrottle!).

Every H850XP on the planet has a working IAS (speed held, by pitch) mode, as does every PC12   - but will we still get a poor deal in this regard from Carenado?     (Like those dreaded autothrottle fudges, to hold speed, that we saw on the SR22  - an autothrottle on a piston single :rolleyes: ).

If they can provide Navigraph support and add some custom gauges and functions, then they are indeed moving in the right direction.

With Navigraph and Pro Line 21  ...... sounds good to me.

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

If I remember hearing correctly, Carenado recently hired on some new coders, I am not sure from where or how experienced they are, but this could be a reason why they are going for a more advanced flight systems model.

Thanks, that's nice to know and reassures me a little.

If the Hawker has QW Avro/RJ type level's of systems simulations and the FDE is reasonable, I'll hand them my credit card.

Ditto! Having said that, I bought the QW Avro RJ on release and returned it because there were some compromises or mistakes that were just a bit too far for me (like the VNAV not recalculating properly and the hydraulic system still functioning when the pumps were off)!

... What we also need for example, is proper custom autopilots, with things like FLC / IAS Hold mode

Yeah, I would hope if they're going to the trouble to implement Navigraph AIRAC support they'd code a proper FLC and IAS hold through pitch too. Essentially Carenado needs to up their game on avionics and systems in general, not just FMS/Nav.

Ultimately the proof of the pudding shall be in the eating, I really hope I won't be sending it back to the kitchen. Perhaps we should send Gordon Ramsey to see them? :lol: Having said that he's probably needed more at Captain Sim :ph34r:

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

I've always sort of kept my distance from Carenado but this announcement from them is leading me to think they are going in a far more professional direction geared towards the kind of people who relish a good system simulation as much as the visual perfection.

If they do model proper systems with Navigraph support then I see no reason not to purchase their products. 

If they have a working FMC /navigraph then this may be a must purchase for me!

Should work in FSX and P3d, and a good bizjet is missing in my hanger !

..I bought the QW Avro RJ on release and returned it because there were some compromises or mistakes that were just a bit too far for me (like the VNAV not recalculating properly and the hydraulic system still functioning when the pumps were off)!

I haven't flown it in awhile (back on GA's after being away way too long) but there have been a number of updates (4 I think) since it was released. Maybe try it again?

No doubt QW will have fixed some of the Avro's issues now, but I'm not sure that would be enough to tempt me back.

There are so many exciting new products out there, and the time and budget I have available for flying is fairly limited anyway, I'd prefer to check out new stuff.

support1.jpg

I love Carenado planes, and have a good sized fleet right now... The TBM is a really fantastic plane, if not their best... when the bug report came out, they got right on it with that plane. The 15 buck version of the G1000 in that plane is not to shabby either. The only two things really missing are the WX and Nav/updateable, otherwise if functions as the real one for the most part.

But like others have said... we should continue to encourage their progress... and they really have moved it up with each release.

I love Carenado planes, and have a good sized fleet right now... The TBM is a really fantastic plane, if not their best... when the bug report came out, they got right on it with that plane. The 15 buck version of the G1000 in that plane is not to shabby either. The only two things really missing are the WX and Nav/updateable, otherwise if functions as the real one for the most part.

But like others have said... we should continue to encourage their progress... and they really have moved it up with each release.

I personally am a huge fan of their Beechcraft 1900D, its better than the PMDG one, and that is THE ONLY time I have ever been able to say that about Carenado. Also I talked with Christopher Peterson the lead of Turbine Sound Studios and he stated on his Facebook page that they are working on an HD Pilot edition soundset for the B1900D, once I get those sounds in, it will be near perfect, albeit their FMS is extremely basic, I am most willing to let it slide as it is Carenado's first ever FMC implementation.

Good to hear TSS is still around... was beginning to wonder if they called it quits.  The very best sound sets I've ever heard.. and they REALLY DO record from the real planes.