Sign in to follow this  
ZKOKQ

FO CDU, PFD & ND Shuts Off When Cutting Engines

Sorry for being unclear. Yes I am getting power interruption to the FO displays. The point I was trying to make is that the main bus tie breakers are working fine for me, but not the right transfer bus breaker, and/or the captain to first officer instrument bus tie.  My workaround at the moment is just to turn the flight directors off before shutdown. 

I may try a reinstall since it doesn't seem to be impacting most people.

Brian

Brian W

KPAE

Rob, what Brian posted is the same for me, just he explained it better.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Sorry for being unclear. Yes I am getting power interruption to the FO displays. The point I was trying to make is that the main bus tie breakers are working fine for me, but not the right transfer bus breaker, and/or the captain to first officer instrument bus tie.  My workaround at the moment is just to turn the flight directors off before shutdown. 

I may try a reinstall since it doesn't seem to be impacting most people.

Brian

Ok I see.....black screens as well.

Eeeeh....

You are either getting into the elec system really really deep or you are guessing :-)

That is not meant unfriendly....it just means I have now had to pull up the manual with the "DC and Flight Control Electrical System" so I can keep up with you, lol.

Is that what you are looking at here as well, the diagrams in the manuals?

Because the on board electrical synoptics display does not give you any info about "the captain to first officer instrument bus tie"

And I don´t know where you are looking at to see a "right transfer bus breaker" either?

The only two breakers we can see on board are the Main Bus TIE breakers.

Since they work fine for you, as in instantly as soon as you cut the engines, I dont know how you could get a power interruption?

At least Badfinger said his TIE breakers have 1-2 second delay....that makes sence, and that I would report to PMDG.

What happens when you just cut a single engine?

The Main Bus TIE closes and the APU comes on line on that side right?

At that moment, since one power source can provide all essential electrical power required, there is no reason for displays going off anymore.

Even if you then cut the other engine you should see no problems.

P.s. not sure if I would re-install for just that little "problem"?!

Rob, what Brian posted is the same for me, just he explained it better.

Naaaa...keep the info coming.....Just like Kyle said, more info from more sources is a good thing!

Rob Robson

Your correct Rob, a re install makes no difference.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Your correct Rob, a re install makes no difference.

ah so you tried.

Time for a support ticket I guess.

EDIT: one more thing.....you guys only get black screens after an autoland right? Not after a manual landing?

(just trying to establish if autoland and the elec sys 3 way independant configuration has anything to do with it before I submit my ticket)

Rob Robson

Black screens only FO side, manual landing as well, with auto throttle armed, FD on etc Thanks for helping Rob.

No problem....I thought it was a rather interesting one :-)

But as you see, it has nothing to do with autoland or the way the electrical system switches during autoland.

You just have a problem with the APU taking over in all situations.

I hope PMDG can help ya.

ciao and good luck

Rob Robson

Hi,

any follow up on this issue ? I am having the same problem as well. Do I have to submit a ticket or is the solution going to be shared here ?

Thanks

Regards

AMD Ryzen 7800x3d, Asus ROG Strix RTX4090, Asus x670e-e, G-Skill F5-6000J3038F16GX2-TZ5NR

Hi,

any follow up on this issue ? I am having the same problem as well. Do I have to submit a ticket or is the solution going to be shared here ?

Thanks

Regards

If a ticket has been submitted then there's little else to do.  You could submit a ticket with your version of how to duplicate the problem but don't expect a SP to be created to fix something that affects very few.  I can say very few because if it happened often the forum would have many more posts on the topic.

Dan Downs KCRP

I am now experiencing this issue as well.  R XFR bus does not switch back to receiving power from the main after landing.  It remains getting power from the R backup Gen, so if the engine is shut down the FO instruments loose power.   The solution mentioned prior about turning off both FD's does work.  Once they are shut down the XFR bus receives power from the main again.   I am not expecting a SP, but just wanted to add one more person to the list that has seen the issue

Do we know the problem here yet?  I myself have not had it again, but honestly I have both the FDs turned off almost as soon as I'm off the runway.  This is a pretty long thread and no mention of an official bug yet.  

Same issues here, it seems no fix has been made yet, 

1hxz6d.png
kityatyi

I7 6700K 4.6 GHz, MSI Geforce GTX 1070 8GB GDDR5

16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 2666 MHz RAM, 750GB SSD, 1TB HDD

Same issues here, it seems no fix has been made yet,

When I read this post, I tried it at the end of the flight I was flying. The things go blank but I don't see any big deal about it. I guess it has done it for a couple of years and I never noticed it. Why would a fix be made for something that makes no difference.

Why would a fix be made for something that makes no difference.

Because it shouldn't be doing it.

Kyle Rodgers

Gents

This has been identified as a known issue and is being investigated by the development team but there won't be any update to the issue until the next 777 Service Update is released.  In the meantime, the very simply work around to avoid the issue is to select both F/D switches off after clearing the runway. 

Paul Gollnick

Manager Customer/Technical Support

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team.jpg