Sign in to follow this  
Marius_S

Anti collision lights issue

After a complete uninstall of both..

I reinstalled the PMDG products & they worked fine. I then installed REX Texture Direct & installed the textures and the lights were bad. I studied this on my system and it is directly related to REX... However I cannot fix the problem without completely uninstalling the PMDG products, all folders including the folders in the appdata section of my computer involving PMDG. This is a temporary fix until you change the Rex settings. If you change the textures you must go thru the whole process again to get the original PMDG lights back.

Michael Gaston

You should contact REX about this issue if installing their textures with the 777 installed causes this. Nothing PMDG can control unfortunately.

I'm adding to this thread to confirm that I have seen the same beacon behavior on the NGX ever since I first installed it. I'm sure there is no relation between strobe and the beacon, and the strobe flash is on a regular interval and I've seen no strange behavior for the strobe. Regarding the beacon, however, I concur, it has strange behavior. It will flash at a regular interval for several seconds and then you won't see any flash for several seconds, then it will return to a "normal" interval for several seconds.

Again, I want to reiterate, this has been the case since I've had the NGX. After doing a complete, clean, install for the SP1d upgrade the beacon behavior is still the same. I agree it's not a big deal since I spend most of my time in cockpit view but it is weird.

As an aside, I just returned from real work travel on Southwest Airlines and I paid particular attention to the beacon on any aircraft I could watch for a little while and the beacons were always very consistent in the flash interval, with no break in the pattern.

Dave

Dave Paige

I just returned from real work travel on Southwest Airlines and I paid particular attention to the beacon on any aircraft I could watch for a little while and the beacons were always very consistent in the flash interval, with no break in the pattern.

Only one of us could ever admit that to another one of us.  :lol: