Sign in to follow this  

Ultimate Traffic 2 in P3D V2.3 ?

Rob, this worked for me once and then when I tried to open UT2 tonight, it won't open any more...
It crashes right after 'Loading Flight Options, Ready' with the CLR20r3 error.
The hotfix from F1 does not help.

Hot fix??  Don't know what this is ... did you purchase the 2013 schedule for $7 ... what will update the product to 2.10.

BUT, if it was working before and isn't working now, I'd check to see what has changed between before and now (3rd party add-ons, etc.)  This is almost always the case that folks "forget" they installed something else that they may think is unrelated, but turns out to be the cause.  Also check your SimConnect and I think UT2 uses it.

CLR sounds like a .NET framework error ... if that's the case look in your event viewer under Applications and find the time/date when this happened and you should see more details on the error.

Also screenshots of the error message would be helpful for diagnostics.  

Or use EMT, but EMT is essentially doing the same as what I listed only it does it for you.  There is NO need for the original FSX.EXE ... just copy the Prepar3D.EXE and rename it to FSX.EXE.  Do NOT execute the FSX.EXE to run Prepar3D ... still use the Prepar3D.EXE to run the sim.  The FSX.EXE is there just to fake out startup/installers that look for the files existance, it's NEVER actually executed.  In this case UT2 doesn't appear to look for version information with the fake FSX.EXE ... it just wants to know that it exists.

BTW EMT is a hack also ... well I shouldn't say a "hack" because it doesn't actually modify any core prepar3d executables/dll files ... all it does is fake out FSX installers making them think FSX is installed in you P3D location and then updates your DLL.XML and EXE.XML and Prepar3D.cfg and/or Scenery.cfg for necessary entries to make the products work.  Which is good, it removes the end user from having to do this work with possible errors.

I'm not sure if EMT verifies your SimConnect installation ... but many legacy FSX products require the FSX SP2 SimConnect (which LM provide in the redist dir after you install P3D) and doesn't work with the ESP SimConnect nor the managed "built-in" SimConnect.

Cheers, Rob.

what happened now...

1. install UT2_Setup_2.09

2. install UT2_Late_Summer_Fall_2011

3. install UT2_FallWinter_2012_Schedule (up till now, all good)

4. install UT2_PowerPack

UT2 crashes on startup with the CLR error.

I'm now reinstalling up to step 3 and calling it a day.

All I want is realistic AI flying around.

Thanks for your help Rob.

Toby

PS Do I have to install the SimConnect.msi found here > E:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\redist\Interface\FSX-SP2-XPACK\retail\lib ?

Will that mess anything up? Do I need to install that?

Ryzen 5800X3D, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090, Windows 10

4. install UT2_PowerPack

I didn't do that step.  Other difference is I installed 2013 schedule which brings the product up to version 2.10

You will get realistic AI, just follow my steps and don't divert.  I was going to post a speeded update full dawn to dusk video of the AI traffic coming and going from FB's KDEN ... it's simply stunning.

As for SimConnect, check to see if you don't already have it installed (Control Panel | Add/Remove Programs) see here: 

d75c95ec8dd66d37875e19b878b1e6ed.jpg

Cheers, Rob.

I'm downloading the update now.

Thanks for your time Rob.

Ryzen 5800X3D, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090, Windows 10

Just for those who took the time to answer my earlier posts, I have finally got UT2 working in P3Dv2.3.

It has made a world of difference flying in Oz.  Thanks to everyone who posted in this topic, seemingly innocuous comments here and there sorted things out for me.  

cheers

Bob

Hello...  Adding Audio Environment gives the Ai real sounding engines instead of whisper jets.  It is in full Stereo and as Planes taxi by you it is realistic change in sound.  There is a video on Flight one site to check out scroll down the AE product page you'll see it.   And most likely buy.  There is an update (separate from DL ) That gives more volume to  AI.   AE makes Ai as realistic sounding as Flight one could take it...  Like the Start up sounds happen just after plane begins Taxi because that's the first flag the coders could attach Start engine flag to, I believe... That was their story back then, it don't bother me, just glad it still works.  Wish they would update but that is just a dream.  Works like a charm

Blue sky up

Steve

Steve, that sounds interesting :-) I am pretty sure Audio Environment, being from Flight1, cannot be installed natively into Prepar3D2, right? Could you install it, say via the EMT, into Prepar3d2 and does it work?

Thanks and regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

Hey Michael..  Yes all installed via EMT  Everything works.

MMV,

Steve

Thanks, I'm tempted to try it.

Kind regards,Michael

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

Ultimate Traffic 2 doing it's thing ... 

Here ya go: 

and 

Works well, but it is a little hard on performance, especially once the AI patterns get into full swing.

Cheers, Rob.

Ultimate Traffic 2 doing it's thing ... 

Works well, but it is a little hard on performance, especially once the AI patterns get into full swing.

Cheers, Rob.

Hi Rob -

I just used the Flight1 mipmap converter on the UT2 textures and that seemed to help a little with perform a bit without impacting anything else. I was originally having issues with the AI lights not displaying  when I replaced them with Shockwave lights. 

I just picked up   "A CONSTABLE - TRAFFIC 3D SOUNDS FSX/P3DV1/P3DV2" - from SimMarket - I hope that it adds to the AI experience.

Thanks again for all of your help to he group!

Daniel

Rob, it's indeed a bit hard on performance, even more as my system is weaker than yours. However I once made a comparison test to Traffic360 and MyTraffic 5.4b, all installed via the EMT. They both were even worse, so I settled with UT2. In addition, you can try to find a hot spot via the UT2 in-game settings and I am under the Impression UT generates a more vivid traffic (including GA) than the other two. (I don't care too much for exact flight planes, though.)

And, yes, I applied the mipmap converter, too.

Kind regards. Michael

Cool videos Rob - thanks for doing them Buddy

Rich Sennett

I just picked up   "A CONSTABLE - TRAFFIC 3D SOUNDS FSX/P3DV1/P3DV2" - from SimMarket - I hope that it adds to the AI experience.

Thanks again for all of your help to he group!

Daniel

That "sounds" a great addon. Just bought it from Simmarket. Actually, there are two installers for download, one for FSX and one for P3D. I would like to use it with UT2 under P3D2 (as you will supposedly, too). I could imagine the P3D installer will not work with UT2, as this doesn't support P3D2 natively, So I suppose I need the FSX installer providing an UT2 install option and install it via the EMT...? Does this sound a plausible strategy or what's your plan?

Thanks and kind regards, Michael

That "sounds" a great addon. Just bought it from Simmarket. Actually, there are two installers for download, one for FSX and one for P3D. I would like to use it with UT2 under P3D2 (as you will supposedly, too). I could imagine the P3D installer will not work with UT2, as this doesn't support P3D2 natively, So I suppose I need the FSX installer providing an UT2 install option and install it via the EMT...? Does this sound a plausible strategy or what's your plan?

Thanks and kind regards, Michael

I tried to install the P3D version of the sound tonight- seems to be an issue with the installer not copying the sound files to the proper directory. I emailed the author for some assistance. I think he is in the UK and I will need to wait until tomorrow morning.

I did manage to get it working( i think ) by using the UT2 installer and then going back and installing it for the default traffic. Seems that it didn't want to copy the files - You may want to wait installing until I find out if my install hack is correct. The author asks that you contact him if you have any install issues...

Otherwise  -  I must say wow on the the audio sounds. I just sat at the end of the runway in Atlanta and felt like I was really there listening to the jets rumble down the runway.