Sign in to follow this  

Ultimate Traffic 2 in P3D V2.3 ?

My FSUIPC line in the FSUIPC.ini file in the P3D modules folder is:

[Programs]
Run1=READY,KILL,"Q:\FSX\Flight One Software\Ultimate Traffic 2\UT2Services.exe"

Thanks Mark, that edit is the kicker!  No need to click in the UT2Services.exe any longer.

\Robert Hamlich/

One thing I've noticed with UT2 in P3D is it has a bigger impact on FPS compared to FSX. I assume the reason is that the AI models themselves are not optimized for P3D which is causing the FPS to drop and cause stuttering.

Thanks Mark, that edit is the kicker!  No need to click in the UT2Services.exe any longer.

Glad to help Robert.

I have used the same FSUIPC procedure to start my TrackIR and VAinterfaceLite. Works great.

Mark Fox

Hi there

I don't have FSX installed and am currently clicking the UTservices.exe to start up.Is this FSUIPC fix only if you have FSX also?

Cheers

Jay

[Programs]

Thanks for this tip it worked for me also.

As far as I know there are no AI Traffic products that "officially" support P3D V2.x ... I think I have all the FSX AI Traffic products, but I thought I'd try to get UT2 working in P3D V2.3 (it's the last missing link).  I realize UT2 is EOL with no future development and does NOT support P3D V2.x, but I like some of the aspects of this AI Traffic product so I'm working thru trying to make it work in P3D V2.3.

I don't use EMT ... nothing against EMT - it's a great tool and has helped many get compatibility with various FSX only products -- it's just a matter of I need to know exactly how to get products to work in P3D V2.x (for obvious reasons) and EMT masks that from me (understandable as it's purpose is to make life easier for end users).

So far I've had success doing this manually (I see the UT2 aircraft, flight plans seems to work but I need to confirm) but there are some lingering issues.  

The process so far:

1.  Copy Prepar3d.exe and rename to FSX.exe

2.  Add registry key for FSX location that points to P3D - HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator\10.0 – value = V:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3d v2

3.  Edit the Prepar3D.cfg and add under:
        [Main]
        SimObjectPaths.9=SimObjects\UT2 Aircraft

4.  Edit the EXE.XML and add:

<!-- Unlimited Traffic 2 -->
  <Launch.Addon>
     <Disabled>False</Disabled>
     <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
     <Name>UT2</Name>
     <Path>V:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\Flight One Software\Ultimate Traffic 2\UT2Services.exe</Path>
     <NewConsole>True</NewConsole>
  </Launch.Addon>

I've researched what others have done to get this to work, but this comment didn't make much sense to me:

DLL.XML doesn't typically reference DLLs that are part of the product (P3D) ... is it suggesting I add something like this to my DLL.XML?

<Launch.Addon>
<Name>Traffic ToolBox</Name>
<Path>V:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\TrafficToolbox.dll</Path>
</Launch.Addon>

<Launch.Addon>
<Name>Visual FX Tool</Name>
<Path>V:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\Visualfxtool.dll</Path>
</Launch.Addon>

Is this correct?

Here are the errors I get when I start Ultimate Traffic 2 stand alone app:

619e608ad217a5f58152bcfb480a5af1.jpg

c4320b68a90347143b669e0e32dfaa66.jpg

And when I go to Database Management this is all I see GA ... I assume I should be seeing more than this?

972f8dfb1aeeadd26a5fda040c1d6e2c.jpg

Since I know folks have got this working in P3D V2.x, thought I'd ask.

Cheers, Rob.

Hi Rod sorry to keep insisting on this topic but I am looking for a decent AI program to just match models with Vpilot using Prepar3D ....what will you recommend..

Thanks

Peter

Hi,

Can i have UTII with BOTH FSX and P3D installed on 2 different drives ?

Thanks

Michael

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Hi Rod sorry to keep insisting on this topic but I am looking for a decent AI program to just match models with Vpilot using Prepar3D ....what will you recommend..
Thanks
Peter

Sorry, I don't know what "Vpilot" is.  The only AI traffic product I've tried to get to work with P3D v2.x is UT2 ... I also have Traffic 360 and MyTraffic X but have not tried to make those work in P3D and I honestly don't know if they have been updated to work in P3D v2.5.

Cheers, Rob.

I honestly don't know if they have been updated to work in P3D v2.5.

My Traffic 5 is only supported in FSX and P3d V1. It can be made to work in any version of P3d V2, including version 2.5.  The only significant difference in making it work in 2.5 is that the path entry  to the My Traffic aircraft folder has to be added to SimObjects.cfg, which is new to P3d 2.5.

All this is somewhat of an intermediate exercise, as My Traffic 6 has been in closed beta for a while now and will support P3d V2 (that is if LM doesn't come out with a completely different P3d 2.6 within the next month. :o

Bruce,

This worked like a champ for me. Thanks so much. I have FSX and P3D on separate drives. FSX is in my Q drive and P3D is on my P drive.

My FSUIPC line in the FSUIPC.ini file in the P3D modules folder is:

[Programs]

and my SimObjectsPaths line is:

SimObjectPaths.9=Q:\FSX\SimObjects\UT2 Aircraft

As a test, I also copied my UT2 Aircraft folder into P3D and used this SimObjectsPaths line: SimObjectPaths.9=SimObjects\UT2 Aircraft It seems to me I get better FPS from having the UT2 aircraft in the P3D folder (approx 5 to 12 FPS better), so I will stick with that method.

To summarize, the FSUIPC method works, as does pointing the SimObjectsPaths to my FSX UT2 folder; I do get better results with the copied UT2 Aircraft folder in P3D. I do not have EMT, and I had to make no registry edits.

Cheers!

Thanks.. Gonna try this method in 2.5.seems like a good double UTII method. Is there also a traffic file to be set to off somewhere?

Thanks Michael

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Bruce

I also have them in separate drivers and works beautifully, even power pack, I can still do exactly the same as I was doing when it was only in FSX.

Thanks for your process.

I would like to say thank you to Rob as well because even if his method may be a bit more complicated, his effort is to help have produced this very useful thread.

Antonio

Kano

Intel i9-12900KF (no overclocked), MSI RTX 3090 Gamin Trio, 64GB XPG Lancer DDR5-5200, Asus ROG STRIX Z690-F Gaming, Seasonic Prime TX 1000w Titanium, Alphacool Eisbaer 280, Fractal Define 7 XL, LG 43UN700 4K

haha ... I love complicated!  :)

Cheers, Rob.