Sign in to follow this  

Ultimate Traffic 2 in P3D V2.3 ?

Thank you very much for the quick reply. I am in Germany, thus the same time-scale as the author (3 am right now). I'll wait for your reply, thanks for sharing.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

I loved UT2 but haven't tried this yet.  I just settled on World of AI which works just fine right out of the gate and I use the free AIFlight Planner program to add flight planes to all the airlines or edit the traffic files already in play by WOAI.   It would be nice to have a little more polish like UT2 had in FSX but WOAI is getting the job done; planes on the ground, planes landing, planes taking off, planes taxing.

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy

Thank you very much for the quick reply. I am in Germany, thus the same time-scale as the author (3 am right now). I'll wait for your reply, thanks for sharing.

Kind regards, Michael

Apparently the author keeps late hours. You may want to try the default install for UT2 and Prepar3D for the product. if you have any issues email Alan - he is very quick to respond... 

Hi thank you, I bought and installed it, the installer option was clear, I think.

However, the Toolbox contains severals Sound Folders (like A319-320) which do not mirror the folder structure under SimObjects in the Prepar3d Folder (i.e. Airbus_A321). So I guess I have to find the proper correspondences, which I may succeed or not...

Don't worry, I might look on their forum or mail the author.

Kind regards, Michael

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

Interesting thread.....  maybe I can help here:

I have a much easier way to do this (run Ultimate Traffic X, which I think is what you are all trying to do, in P3D v2.x),  and it works.  I'm at work now so will post here again when I get home.  What the method (and not mine to take the credit, I got this from a Google search months ago) requires is two things:

1. FSX with UTX (original version, I think the updated version has issues with Win 8...) installed.

2. A registed copy of FSUIPC

There's a line that I put into FSUIPC.INI that starts/kills UTX.  This is the part that I will have to provide tonight when I'm home.  Then I also have the additional line in the .cfg file to add the additional class of vehicle (someone refers to this above,  Rob I think).

No editing of any .xml file required, and it works flawlessly. 

A note:  I have my old FSX (with UTX installed) on the smae drive as P3D.  I'm not sure if not having FSX on the same drive would be an issue.

Thanks,  Bruce.

Rob, it's indeed a bit hard on performance, even more as my system is weaker than yours. However I once made a comparison test to Traffic360 and MyTraffic 5.4b, all installed via the EMT. They both were even worse, so I settled with UT2. In addition, you can try to find a hot spot via the UT2 in-game settings and I am under the Impression UT generates a more vivid traffic (including GA) than the other two. (I don't care too much for exact flight planes, though.)

AI is really a performance killer in P3d, no matter which add-on you use. If you set the AI sliders to 0, you pick up a good amount of performance, which is no shock.

AI is really a performance killer in P3d, no matter which add-on you use. If you set the AI sliders to 0, you pick up a good amount of performance, which is no shock.

I just did a test 30% road traffic and 50% UT2 AI and I take about a 9 fps hit - but not noticeable unless you are looking for it - fyi

Rich Sennett

To complete my post above:

The lines to add to FSUIPC.INI:

[Programs]

Run1=READY,KILL,"E:\FSX\Flight One Software\Ultimate Traffic 2\UT2Services.exe"

(Choose your own path to FSX)

(Requires FSX to be installed, and UT2 installed into FSX)

(Requires a registered copy of FSUIPC)

(May require FSX be installed on the same drive as P3D, I don't know)

(Also requires the additional line in the .cfg file to add the new class of vehicles)

(May require original version of UT2 installed into FSX, I don't know)

That's all I ever did and it runs well.

Thanks, and I do not take credit for this method, I wish I could give credit to someone but I don't know who's method it is.

Bruce.

Curious on everyone's traffic loads here.. 

Example:  KSEA airport 

I run Win 8.1 U1 x64.. i have the UT2 main program set to :

51% airlines

29% GA

I also tweaked it to give max alt. ground craft visible to 11,750 (technically this could be lower i guess).. distance to spawn at 17nm and max aircraft to spawn at 350..

Doing all this, if you view the data in SuperTrafficBoard for KSEA (all/etc)..

I show about 32 aircraft in the area after say 3 minutes..

Does this correspond with everyone elses findings or maybe this specific config/airport.. I believe this is about right?

Working fine for me via exe.xml so far.

Thanks in advance

MSI z690-a Unify; 1000 watt evga SuperNova Platinum; 12900kf at 1.255 adaptive LLC6, auto avx, auto Pcore, E-4.0ghz, Ring-4.1ghz, PL 241watt (Cine96c, games 83c case side On); DDR5 Gskill F5-6400J3239G16GA2-TZ5RS  at 6400mhz autovolt, Kraken x73 360mm; Thermaltake v51 Case; Gigabyte 4090 OC;  VR-Varjo Aero;  AstronomicallySpeaking:

I just used the Flight1 mipmap converter on the UT2 textures and that seemed to help a little with perform a bit without impacting anything else.

Do you have a link to this tool?  Also, anyone have before and after pictures of the AI aircraft after using the tool?

Cheers, Rob.

Rob,

I think I got it here

http://www.simforums.com/forums/fsx-texture-checking-tools_topic46215.html

Kind regards, Michael

Michael,

Thank you!  Just what I needed.

Cheers, Rob.

Don't expect miracles. The main burden still seem to be the CPU calculations of the traffic flow.

Kind regards, Michael

Don't expect miracles. The main burden still seem to be the CPU calculations of the traffic flow.

Kind regards, Michael

I thought maybe it would be possible to compare the bmp files from the simobjects folder to see how they change (visually).. or at least in size.. in my one mipmap conversion test the bmps got bigger say 1.3mb instead of 1.0 in the one case..

Now maybe i'm just being dumb, but, i cant open the bmps for visual verification (neither the old ones either).. photo viewer throws an error about corruption or invalid file format.. i'm assuming either it uses some proprietary "bmp" format or something is amiss with my files.? 

Also, is everyone setting imagetool.exe to dxt5 (there is also dx1 and dx3 as possible switches).

MSI z690-a Unify; 1000 watt evga SuperNova Platinum; 12900kf at 1.255 adaptive LLC6, auto avx, auto Pcore, E-4.0ghz, Ring-4.1ghz, PL 241watt (Cine96c, games 83c case side On); DDR5 Gskill F5-6400J3239G16GA2-TZ5RS  at 6400mhz autovolt, Kraken x73 360mm; Thermaltake v51 Case; Gigabyte 4090 OC;  VR-Varjo Aero;  AstronomicallySpeaking: