Sign in to follow this  

Ultimate Traffic 2 in P3D V2.3 ?

hmm, I installed everything in win8.1 and it went ok. When i start p3d it says "ut2 initialized" but i get an error msg saying "please register ut2 before you try to use it"

in the config window it says registered to my name, what could i have done wrong?

-Roland

I don't have this product, would like to hear more about it ... does it just replace sound files or does it use it's own sound processing and require a module in the DLL.XML?

Cheers, Rob.

If I remember correctly it had a module that only played ai engine start up and shut down phases but in FSX it would cause crashes. You could disable the module and the replacement engine sounds would work fine you just didnt hear the start up or shut down phase. It replaced sound files and also would provide new sound files for default ai in FSX. It really added a nice touch with UT2 in FSX, ive been on the fence about installing it in V2 because I havent heard anyone else running it.

Thank you for the scoop ... good info.  Any sound engines being used in P3D need to support HD audio and more than just stereo ... RAAS for example will crash P3D if you have your audio driver set to anything beyond simple stereo (at least that was my experience) - contacted the devs and they indicated no plans to update their audio engine.

So I don't install products that can't work with positional HD audio ... even if they are only 2 channel they still need to be able to work with positional audio.

Cheers, Rob.

Am I correct in assuming that UT2 will only work in P3D v2.3 only if FSX is uninstalled?

I ask because I do not understand how to add the registry key pointing tp P3D when one already exists pointing to FSX.

At this point, everything else seems straight forward.

Cheers

Bob

No, I had it running with a parallel FSX installation for some time (which I removed now, making a fresh install of UT2 afterwards). I used the EMT to take care of the registry entry, but as Rob states, it can be done by hand, too.

Only point, I read somewhere you can't use it in FSX and P3D2 in parallel because this woud require resetting the registry entry every time inbetween.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

Thanks for clearing that up, I have already deleted UT2 from FSX. I have managed to run the UT2 installer and got it to install in P3D, but it is not running, and is not showing in the Modules menu.

Back to the drawing board, but not until tomorrow morning. Australian Eastern Time.

Bob

Check earlies contributions in this thread, maybe you have to add the exe.xml entry by hand (I think I had to) and make sure the FSX config directory is present.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

Hi - Since we are on the UT2 topic... Can anyone see the UT2 AI lights on their UT2 traffic from a distance while flying? the only way I can see them in the sky is by turning on the labels (and that's not very immerse   :rolleyes: )  I can see them very faintly on the ground but cannot see them when they are flying at night - no strobe, beacon, or landing light. I did replace them with the A2A ShockWave lights.  I know there was an issue in 2.2 with AI lights... 

thanks - Daniel

I can't get this to work at all.  When I open the sim, I get the error message "this feature requires that {smartassembly} is available on this computer".  This is what I did:

1) Copied Prepar3D.exe and renamed to FSX.exe

2) Used the fsx_reg_utility from TweakFS to search for my FSX folder path as recorded in the windows registry (in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator\10.0 and set the path to my FSX root folder (C:\Prepar3D), checking the option for “add to current user key”.  When I go into regedit, I see that under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator\10.0, the AppPath is “C:\Prepar3D”

3) Edited the Prepar3D.cfg with SimObjectPaths.9=SimObjects\UT2 Aircraft

4) I didn’t have an EXE.xml, so I made my own.  Here’s what it looks like:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="windows-1252"?>

<SimBase.Document Type="Launch" version="1,0">

<Descr>Launch</Descr>

<Filename>exe.xml</Filename>

<Disabled>False</Disabled>

<Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad>

<Launch.Addon>

<Disabled>False</Disabled>

<ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>

<Name>UT2</Name>

<Path>C:\Prepar3D\Flight One Software\Ultimate Traffic 2\UT2Services.exe</Path>

<NewConsole>True</NewConsole>

</Launch.Addon>

</SimBase.Document>

5) Created a fake FSX config directory under C:\Users\(my profile)\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX and copied the corresponding Prepar3D directory into this folder.  I also renamed prepar3D.cfg to fsx.cfg

6) Installed Ultimate Traffic 2 to C:\Prepar3D

What am I doing wrong?  I suspect it's something with the registry step.  Any help is appreciated.  Thanks.

-Elliot

Intel Core i9 10900k @ 5.1 GHz / Asus Maximus Hero XII / Nvidia RTX 3090 FE / 32 GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo DDR4-3600 CL16-16-16-36 / Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2 TB NVMe / Noctua NH-D15 / EVGA Supernova 1600 T2 / Honeycomb Alpha Yoke / CH Pro Pedals / Saitek Pro Flight Throttle Quadrant / HP Reverb G2

I used the Commercial Estonian migration tool and it worked perfectly not one error

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

I can't get this to work at all.  When I open the sim, I get the error message "this feature requires that {smartassembly} is available on this computer".  This is what I did:

What am I doing wrong?  I suspect it's something with the registry step.  Any help is appreciated.  Thanks.

-Elliot

copy the exe from the fsx subfolders  and edit out only the entries and not the header and ending the past in your UT2 stuff

You did not have to do all that registry editing and other stuff, just install it into P3D that contains a copy of fsx.exe in there, and do the exe copy/edit I mentioned

I used the Commercial Estonian migration tool and it worked perfectly not one error

Exactly - you guys are trying way to hard - small price to pay for all the aggravation it saves you - its to hard to diagnose the hacks just get the tool

Rich Sennett

Hi - Since we are on the UT2 topic... Can anyone see the UT2 AI lights on their UT2 traffic from a distance while flying? the only way I can see them in the sky is by turning on the labels (and that's not very immerse   :rolleyes: )  I can see them very faintly on the ground but cannot see them when they are flying at night - no strobe, beacon, or landing light. I did replace them with the A2A ShockWave lights.  I know there was an issue in 2.2 with AI lights... 

thanks - Daniel

Since I didn't hear back - I started doing some digging around on the ShockWave AI lights for UT2.

I re-installed the original UT2 Aircraft textures and aircraft.cfg and now I can need the AI in the sky. I assume everyone else is seeming them since no one else brought it up.

I am wondering if the MIP converter or using the ShockWave lights entry in the .cfg files caused the issue. I got the config files from http://www.bleedair.de/ultimate-traffic-2-fsx.html and the mip conversion tool from Flight1 http://gex.flight1.net/forumimages/UT2_MipMap.zip ... 

If any one else wants to give it a try.... Please let me know - I would love to see great lighting on my AI.

Thanks!

Rob, this worked for me once and then when I tried to open UT2 tonight, it won't open any more...

It crashes right after 'Loading Flight Options, Ready' with the CLR20r3 error.

The hotfix from F1 does not help.

If anyone knows how to get this working, I would appreciate your help.

EDIT - After a reinstall, the control panel loads again... let's see for how long!

Ryzen 5800X3D, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090, Windows 10