Sign in to follow this  
daniel_schm

Clouds kill FPS in 2.3

One thing is for certain. With this new version, I can no longer fly the iFly 737 aircraft without it being a slide show. I hadn't flown it since 2.1 and in that version it was fine. 

Agree Chad,

This version is not what we expected and in many ways seems to have gone backwards.

LM have adjust,ed some code and this has caused issues elsewhere to the extent that it is not much fun anymore.

FSX had its problems when first out...two patches required but a lot of that was also down to hardware..we all have systems now that can handle sims pretty well...

I do believe that P3D also needs a profile from Nvidia to help...gone back to FSX it may be dead it may not be as pretty it may not have shadows ...but...it works and it does not stutter..

Yeah, for the past few months I've been a huge advocate of P3d. Haven't had FSX installed in almost a year now. This is the fist time since I switched that I'm pondering going back to FSX. You hit the nail on the head when you said this new version just isn't any fun. 

LM have adjust,ed some code and this has caused issues elsewhere to the extent that it is not much fun anymore.

P3D v2 isn't made to have fun (entertainment). One should learn and practice flying.

Spirit

P3D v2 isn't made to have fun (entertainment). One should learn and practice flying.

Spirit

I had a feeling someone would say that. I disagree completely. As a real world pilot, I enjoy all aspects of flying...even the learning part. I find it "fun." Just because P3d is a learning tool, doesnt mean NOT having fun is a requirement...  :rolleyes:

I had some time yesterday to try the new "tweaks" suggested like the volumize one but no luck....

The flight experience is not smooth and too many textures are used to render the clouds! Something strange has been done by Lockheed as the clouds now turns sometimes as they are in front of you becoming thin peaces of paper. Every cloud is now made by a lot more textures as done in previous versions as you can see layers doubled, very near to each other but misaligned just by a few pixels.

My rig is a i5 at 4.4 , gtx 760 with 4gb of VRAM and 8gb ram 1600

Too weak?!

I had some time yesterday to try the new "tweaks" suggested like the volumize one but no luck....

The flight experience is not smooth and too many textures are used to render the clouds! Something strange has been done by Lockheed as the clouds now turns sometimes as they are in front of you becoming thin peaces of paper. Every cloud is now made by a lot more textures as done in previous versions as you can see layers doubled, very near to each other but misaligned just by a few pixels.

Too weak?!

Those using addons with no P3D support are going to get mixed results with any updates. At least the supported addons will update accordingly (as most have with 2.3)

I had him try the F22 at first in PDX.

Wow, so another sim has been released!!!  :lol:  :P

Those using addons with no P3D support are going to get mixed results with any updates. At least the supported addons will update accordingly (as most have with 2.3)

Hm, would be interesting to know if those who do have problems are using unsupported add ons or EMT! I don't have problems and only use compatible add ons (which right now are ASN, GloVectOLC, FTX PNW & NCA, A2A Cherokee 180). I don't use FSUIPC. (Has anyone checked in the meantime if FSUIPC has an effect on performance in clouds with 2.3?)

I'm not using emt, vanilla install with only the ifly 737 (which is a P3D supported aircraft) added. Adding any clouds, drops my FPS down to single digits. In 2.1 I was able to hold 25 in complete IMC.

Too weak?!

Too weak?!

I had a feeling someone would say that. I disagree completely. As a real world pilot, I enjoy all aspects of flying...even the learning part. I find it "fun." Just because P3d is a learning tool, doesnt mean NOT having fun is a requirement...  :rolleyes:

I see you take it very serious. :lol:

Spirit

Can someone stop using C&P and not only repeating themselves within the same post but then post the same thing again.
Yes that's you Gin......
FYI you have to add you name in sig also.

Thanks very much it would help read though much easier

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

I'm not using emt, vanilla install with only the ifly 737 (which is a P3D supported aircraft) added. Adding any clouds, drops my FPS down to single digits. In 2.1 I was able to hold 25 in complete IMC.

Chad, try setting the P3D frame rate slider to Unlimited.

Made a big of difference to me.

I now use NVidia Inspector to limit the frames to 30 instead.

For goodness sake, guys. Please do not mention the words "fun" and "entertainment" in a P3D forum. You'll get us all banged up!

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

And what about the Royal Air Cadets who obviously have fun learning :smile:  

http://www.lockheedmartin.com/us/news/press-releases/2013/april/ontario-air-cadets-take-flight-in-lockheed-martins-prepar3d.html

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11