Sign in to follow this  
mcbellette

Pilatus PC12 (In development)

That's strange Greg. I have the RealAir Duke Turbine too, and have taxi issues. Maybe it's my technique.

I have to agree with Martin on this.  If anything, I find the JetProp a bit easier to control in taxi than the T-Duke, and others have mentioned similar, though this is likely due to single vs twin reasons as much as anything.

Not knocking the T-Duke, as I think this is a universal issue for Turbo-props in FSX other than the Q400 which, of course, works outside of FSX flight dynamics.

Scott

Well I've just tried it. If you whack the condition lever back it's a bit better, but it still accelerates. Needs constant tapping on the brakes.

Typical FSX turboprop behaviour I'd say.

Well I've just tried it. If you whack the condition lever back it's a bit better, but it still accelerates. Needs constant tapping on the brakes.

Typical FSX turboprop behaviour I'd say.

Ok...I agree.  I loaded up my sim to *prove* that it could be done :) and best I could do is idle...tapping brakes and/or occasional reversers on the Duke.  I also reinstalled and loaded up the P46T and, yep, it taxis better.  At least it didn't crash on me (new sim...maybe it's better on this one.  :) )

On another note, I applied my Malibu LINDA module to it and it's working pretty well so far.  And, I found out there's a way to dim the G500s with LUA so I got a rotary set up for that too.  (I can read the PFD...yay.)

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

You guys might want to remember that the Turbine Duke has two 750SHP turboprops stuffed on an airframe designed for two 380HP piston engines and it has a MTOM of about 7000lbs, it a monster. I guess the same kind of goes for the P46T.

The actual PC-12 manual says "Beta range (aft of idle detent) may be used during taxi to control taxi speed and reduce wear on brakes". The PC-12 has a 1200SHP turboprop and just about 3000lbs higher MTOM than a Turbine Duke. It will still go like heck, but should be easier to manage. I've had no issues so far, but I just got myself some rudder pedals, so I will check again.

Edit:

Just did another flight and it taxies just fine. With the condition lever in Ground Idle and Power Lever at idle, it won't start rolling. Move the Condition Lever to Flight Idle and it will start rolling slowly, nothing unrealistic. Needs about 5psi torque to get moving properly and then about 3-5psi to keep up speed, depending on how fast you want to go.

So far, my only complaints are about the IAS mode that's missing and the weird way the altitude pre-select and VS mode works. No other issues for me personally, and the plane is fine for most flights unless you want to degrade such a fine airplane into another autopilot driven machine ;).

You guys might want to remember that the Turbine Duke has two 750SHP turboprops stuffed on an airframe designed for two 380HP piston engines and it has a MTOM of about 7000lbs, it a monster. I guess the same kind of goes for the P46T.

Absolutely true, however I think the biggest problem is beta and how well it is (or should I say isn't) implemented in the standard FSX T-prop model.  I think that both RA with the T-Duke and Bernt Stolle on the JetProp did the best they could with what they had.

I wonder if someone who has the F1 KA could comment.  I know they were supposed to do a much better job with implementing beta, which should allow much more realistic taxi control.  How well did they do?

On another note, I applied my Malibu LINDA module to it and it's working pretty well so far. And, I found out there's a way to dim the G500s with LUA so I got a rotary set up for that too. (I can read the PFD...yay.)

Gregg, do you have the Bert/Bliksimpie mods for the G500?  I have no problems with the G500s on the JetProp, but I've been running their combined mods for so long I forget what the defaults look like.

Scott

Gregg, do you have the Bert/Bliksimpie mods for the G500? I have no problems with the G500s on the JetProp, but I've been running their combined mods for so long I forget what the defaults look like.

No, I don't.  In fact, I remembered how the GNS530 doesn't connect to the G500.  I put in a direct to a VOR and selected GPS on the GNS and had to change the CDI separately.  The airplane turned and flew directly to the radial and then flew right past it.  I thought to myself, the Mirage does this better.  I'd find the Jetprop frustrating. 

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."

No, I don't. In fact, I remembered how the GNS530 doesn't connect to the G500.

PM Bert for his version of the combined mods so WAAS approaches display glideslope properly and make sure you've got LinkGPS=On in your RXPGSP.ini and you should have good functionality in the G500s.

With the mods I have in place, there's no difference for me between the Mirage and JetProp, other than that the JetProp uses a 530 and 430, which definitely improves things.

Scott

With the mods I have in place, there's no difference for me between the Mirage and JetProp, other than that the JetProp uses a 530 and 430, which definitely improves things.

Ummm...they have the 530 and 430.  Very similar.  I'll look into it.

Gregg Seipp

Ummm...they have the 530 and 430. Very similar.

Yes, of course.  Sorry, had the Seneca with its two 430's on the brain tonight as that's what I was working on, having finally picked up the Arezone soundset and Bert's V5 mods.

Scott

If you email Carenado these bugs maybe they will be fixed in a patch. I hope so, if they iron out the bugs in this release it would be nice to have a PC-12 simulation. The Flight1 shows its age and has few system modeling.

Great recommendation for the video, thanks Craig!

I always replace the sound with sonic solutions or arezone if I can.

I find Carenado's sounds are good but not as perfect (especially in the VC a bit muffled).

Here is one I just bought for the pc-12:

http://secure.simmarket.com/sonic-solutions-pt6a-soundpack-fsxp3d.phtml

You can click on read more for the video.

I have to wait until it hits simmarket because Carenado don't use paypal.

Just bought the video Craig mentioned from pcaviator.com (could not find it on simmarket).

I purchased the Sonic Solutions soundset and like them. Do you have any tips for tweaking the sounds for the pc-12? There is a little static once in a while when at cruise or climb with the Sonic sounds. I think I can copy all non engine related sounds from the cfg of the Carenado sound config.

About the sounds - sorry Robert I cannot say anything yet as I have bought the sounds only as waiting for the Pc-12 to be at Simmarket so i can use paypal.

Yes that sounds good (of course copy over those respective files).

Just got the Sonic Solutions sound pack and he surprised me!, he just stole the Carenado's TBM soundpack, is 99% the same, even his sound.cfg says "Carenado TBM850 FSX/P3D", I'll write for my money back and notify this to Carenado, I used to like SS sounds, but it's a shame that he just copied the same sound...

Maybe he did the TBM one and Carenado bought it. Not trying to excuse anything but the possibility that one dev buys the third party sounds for the own products surely is on the table.

Still, your email to Carenado should clear that up of course.

Yeah, could be another option, he did the sound pack for ND AS35x, but in this case, I doubt it, because since Carenado were born, they always have made their own sound packs...but I'll wait for their email!