Sign in to follow this  
charleslee201

Where is P3DV2.3 better than FSX Dx 10

I'll try when I get home but I've never had bathemetry turned on

I've heard that's for subs and such, but I've never seen the difference or what it actually does.

Turn off volumetric fog and see what happens.

Also, just to be crystal clear... you did delete your shader cache between 2.2 and 2.3, right?

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Turn off volumetric fog and see what happens.

Also, just to be crystal clear... you did delete your shader cache between 2.2 and 2.3, right?

If you are speaking to me, I did a full re-install on a brand new SSD. I deleted the folders from Documents and AppData as well.

If you are speaking to me, I did a full re-install on a brand new SSD. I deleted the folders from Documents and AppData as well.

I am not, you posted when I did...

Devgrp was the one I meant that for.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

I'll try when I get home but I've never had bathemetry turned on

Okay, I'm not picking on you specifically, but...

PLEASE don't quote the entire bloody wall of text when replying! Quote only a few sentences so it is clear to whom your reply is addressed, or to highlight some specific point.

As for the poor performance of your system in clouds, while it is certainly true that there are a few folks who are expressing similar issues in the L-M forums, there aren't an overwhelming number of them...

That is a straw-man argument. I run P3Dv2.3 on a lowly i7 2600 (not even a K) 3.4 GHz, 8 GB RAM and don't have such poor performance even with the worst storm and cloud coverage it's possible to have.

I've heard that's for subs and such, but I've never seen the difference or what it actually does.

On the surface, the contours of the ocean floor affects the wave action...

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Ok, getting closer ... so in order to get out of the 32bit VAS limit we need a 64bit version ... how do we get a 64bit version?

That pretty much sums it up - well said Rob - truth may hurt some but most I doubt it - lets look to the future instead of dwelling on the past 

Edited by n4gix
Removed excessive quote. Again!

Rich Sennett

What ever sim you fancy just enjoy doesnt matter just fly, fly, fly

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

That pretty much sums it up - well said Rob - truth may hurt some but most I doubt it - lets look to the future instead of dwelling on the past 

Rich, please stop quoting the entire post in your reply. Quote only enough sentences to identify the person to whom your reply is directed.

Thanks in advance!

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

P3d hasnt really added much other than some graphical enhancements

What exactly did you expect?

It has great potential unlike fsx which is dead in the water, this topic is pointless really just pick one and enjoy your flights

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

Guest devgrp

I am not, you posted when I did...

Devgrp was the one I meant that for.

Never had 2.2 on my system. 2.3 was a clean install.

Here is a video of my first flight just to show that performance is good. Its just the issue with clouds

PLEASE don't quote the entire bloody wall of text when replying!

Totally OT but thanks for making a point of this because if there is one thing that's been bugging me for years on all forums I visit it's those totally useless long quotes!!! You might want to add to your messages about this that the button Selective Quote is a man's (and woman's) best friend! It's one of the BEST forum options there is and I wish other forums had that option too!

To those who have no clue: instead of clicking on Quote, select the part of the post which you'd like to quote (as short as possible), click on Selective Quote and watch the magic!

To those who have no clue: instead of clicking on Quote, select the part of the post which you'd like to quote (as short as possible), click on Selective Quote and watch the magic!

Well said, thanks.

Spirit

Even worse is when someone quotes a massive wall of text, and then doesn't even post anything else!

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

No... this is the worst:

Entire contents of War And Peace

+1

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69