Sign in to follow this  
TechguyMaxC

Facts about R6025 errors

I'm with Jim on this one.  I received this error every flight when having tessellation off.  With tessellation on, no error.  This is on a fresh install of P3D v2.3, with NO addons.  I do not believe that this error is addon related.  I'm currently running with tessellation on in order to avoid the error.

Gerald

I have the same error without tessellations just like you.  However, with tessellations on I have weird looking landscape with transparent triangles all over.  I have no frame of reference, as I only had 2.3 developer version for three days.  I am have the latest NVidia driver.  I have not touched any cfg file and have the latest VC++ runtime libraries.  Not sure what to do about this.  So far I like what I see in P3D, namely the micro stutters are gone in the area that I fly compared to FSX.  However, until I found what cause the bizarre tessellation issue, P3D is useless to me with the R6025 issue. 

By the way, I have no add-ons except FSUIPC.

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

...have the latest NVidia driver...  However, until I found what cause the bizarre tessellation issue, P3D is useless to me with the R6025 issue. 

That is your problem. Roll back to the last, known stable nVidia driver.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

So at some time I installed ORBX traffic for NA, and I noticed I wasn't seeing traffic in many places.  So I went into scenery/world/scenery and reenabled trafficAircraft.bgl ..   The 6025 error may be gone.  I've only been seeing it in Jackson Hole and some other chicago scenery.  *shrug*

There just has to be something wrong with your installation. I had it once but no longer see it as I made sure the folder was being shared with everyone. I also took ownership. I read via Google that others having this error with other computer programs found the problem was tied to their BIOS settings. So there just has to be something wrong with your computer setup that creates this error or else everyone who owns P3DV2.3 would be crashing and this is why the LM techs do not appear to be jumping in and looking for a fix.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Yeah. I'm sure its not LM too. I'm looking at a clean install soon. After I clean the case. Could be the ocis too high maybe. Haven't stress tested lately. P3d is going for that.

Mine is gone only with tessellation on.  I still think this is something LM can look into.  I installed fresh, brand new on P3D two weeks ago, no add-ons, minutes into the flight the crash happened.  Turned on tessellation made it go away.  

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

This is definitely a P3D issue. I got the R6025 error within THIRTY SECONDS of trying the sim with tessellation ticked OFF on my brand new SSE/Windows 7 64 disc installation with no addons. It happened as soon as I tried to increase the autogen density.

Thankfully I can run P3D with tessellation ticked on now but it would be nice to access the even smoother running "tessellation off" version.

FlightSim UK - Live To Fly

FSUK.jpg

It's not an IHV issue, I've seen the error on my own system and I run a Radeon R9 290.  It is a software issue, and it's related to .net, you know, like the error message says.  There could be a problem in P3D's code that is generating these errors, or it could be a bug in .net itself.  The purpose of this thread was to give people information that will aid in the troubleshooting process.  If enough people experience the issue and report it to LM, maybe we'll get somewhere on this.  

it's a P3d issue, since the last driver it's now possible to activate tesselation, and it's now possible to fly between departure and arrival airports without problem, but try to crash your plane and this error come back.

Frédéric Giraud

It's not a P3D issue.  If it was a P3D issue they could not compile the code.  There is an aberrant addition of functions somewhere else being layered into the system, which I now suspect to be NVidia's drivers, since changing them up has eliminated the problem for me.

P3D cannot fix it because if it was in their code they could not compile with the kind of error being reported.  

And the error message is not a .NET error.  It's a C++ error.  C++ is not a manage .NET language.  A managed language does not make sense for P3D.   I don't even think you can have that kind of error with managed code.

The tessellation bug went away without LM's help; nobody blamed LM.  The 6025 error went away for me too. 

It's not a P3D issue.  If it was a P3D issue they could not compile the code.  There is an aberrant addition of functions somewhere else being layered into the system, which I now suspect to be NVidia's drivers, since changing them up has eliminated the problem for me.

P3D cannot fix it because if it was in their code they could not compile with the kind of error being reported.  

And the error message is not a .NET error.  It's a C++ error.  C++ is not a manage .NET language.  A managed language does not make sense for P3D.   

I said .net, I meant C++

It is NOT an Nvidia driver issue.  I have seen this error on my own system and I run a Radeon R9 290.  You can put forth theories all you like, but if they prove to be untrue they need to be dropped.  

There are many things that can cause the error.  It's actually just a generic error message from the c++ runtime.  There are many many many causes.  I have done c++ development for over 20 years.  I am an MFC MCSD, started with borland object windows in the late 80's.  This error is caused by library mismatches or loading sequences gone awry, which can happen threaded code.  It's NOT an LM issue because they are exclusive to the runtime and the interaction between modules. 

The errors went away when I turned off certain sceneries.  They also went away when I installed the new driver.  LM didn't do anything.  I do think that it is related to tessellation and terrain meshes.  I have noticed a strange terrain morphing in the local area, right at where the LOD 6.5 would be actually, that seems to happen where there is more than one terrain to chose from.  I can tell you that if I could debug for half a day I would see where it is happening, and also report that there is nothing to fix, that it's something not being handled correctly elsewhere.  Do remember that there is a whole bunch of other code, DirectX, that is also under constant development (ie, is not perfect either, tessellation is new), which is also being called.  There is a myriad of places that this could be happening.  

Start here: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=5555

grab this next if you have a 64-bit machine: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=14632

After you have updated, reboot if prompted, or do it anyway just to be safe.  Then fire up P3D and start testing!  If you continue to receive these errors, it will then be possible to present P3D with significant, relevant information that may allow them to track down the cause of these seemingly pervasive errors.  

Thanks for link.  I worked my way backwards through the Start here link and things seem "more better".

10700k / Gigabyte 3060