Sign in to follow this  
TechguyMaxC

Facts about R6025 errors

I really wish I had more time to contribute to this community than just lurking and making comments I think might help but can't confirm.   Every time I think I have it It gets taken away.

Another thing I'm wondering is SSDs have anything to do with it.  Bear with me, but I'm considering if there is a mistiming on scenery loading on some systems.   I may think now that Orbx is off the hook, but something in the scenery system, texture loading related, has me wondering.

Sometimes the way to find a bug is to list every possible cause a brainstorm can come up with.  And then going through each and every one of them, because bugs can really be found in the stupidest and most unexpected of places, like in printers.

That's what interns are for, checking the printers ... not making installation sets.

I fixed my R6025 error by making sure all my P3D and P3D addon folders were shared.  If they are not shared, they will not communicate very well when called.  Mine were not shared by default.  I never got this error until I installed ASN and turned up some of the settings in ASN and in the P3D weather.  According to Microsoft the error is caused by low-memory conditions - http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/scx3y3cz.aspx. This explains why most do not get this error and only a few unfortunate souls are having major issues. If you threw in a tweak in the P3D.cfg, like a Bufferpool or AffinityMask entry, consider them the likely suspects (I do not have any tweaks in my P3D.cfg but my settings are awfully high).

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

This is on a fresh install of P3D v2.3, with NO addons.  

Are you using Nvidia Inspector.  Do you have any configs anywhere for your Graphics card that might be lingering from a previous 2.2 installation?  Do you have an SSD with P3D on it?

I fixed my R6025 error by making sure all my P3D and P3D addon folders were shared.  

That's interesting.  So are the bufferpools and memory references.  (I have 32GB, but I know you don't mean that.)  But if there are TRUE clean installs causing it, then there is something happening underneath all these ideas where they all meet we don't see yet.

Any Bufferpool or AF tweak should only be suspected. It is easy to check as all you have to do is comment the parameter out of your P3D.cfg so it does not load in the future (commenting = placing two slashes (//) in front of the P3D parameter in case some of you are unaware).

32GB's is a lot of RAM but I doubt more than 8 GB's will ever be used in P3D. I had a true clean install and never got the R6025 error until installing ASN. Like I said, the folders were not shared so I made sure they were shared and the problem has totally gone away (I have had many flights since sharing my folders with everyone).

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

So your link earlier leads me to more specifically:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/zk17ww08.aspx

and in particular, on that page:

"In the case when _onexit is called from within a DLL, routines registered with _onexit run on a DLL's unloading afterDllMain is called with DLL_PROCESS_DETACH."

So there it is, a DLL is attempting to register it's _onexit routine in the call stack, and according to the error msgbox, which actually may or may not be relevant as it goes often, the version of the function available to the dll from p3d is does not have the same arguments.  Or something like that.  

But what DLL is causing it?  Based on the memory and scenery folder stuff mentioned, I'm going to say it has something to do with display drivers.

oh wait, 6025. nm

So your link earlier leads me to more specifically:

http://msdn.microsof...y/zk17ww08.aspx

Why are you going there? You are just throwing in more confusion to the subject.

I'm going to say it has something to do with display drivers.

Maybe a lucky guess. If it was a display driver though, why is other applications not crashing. Every application on your computer uses display drivers.

Here's another link that might help in resolving your problem - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/125749. I'm going golfing!

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM

While my solution was was akin to throwing a swiss army knife at the problem rather than using an individual tool, I have now flown 30+ hours without seeing the error that was coming up within 2-10 minutes before. Fortunately, I've had no issues with the latest driver either. Perhaps the tweaks to the cfg are suspect, I was using affinity=84 but have left the current cfg alone.

James McLees

I'm with Jim on this one.  I received this error every flight when having tessellation off.  With tessellation on, no error.  This is on a fresh install of P3D v2.3, with NO addons.  I do not believe that this error is addon related.  I'm currently running with tessellation on in order to avoid the error.

Gerald

+1

But with the cloud FPS hit I find P3D is unflyable.

FlightSim UK - Live To Fly

FSUK.jpg

That's true but your link refers to error R6024 - this thread is about R6025.

You are right Gerry. Sorry for the confusion! Here is the link to the R6025 which provides no additional clues - http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/wbddte9e(v=vs.100).aspx .

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM

Denali,

To answer your questions:

1)  I do not have Nvidia Inspector installed yet.  I have Vsync and AA set through the Global Settings in Nvidia Control Panel.

2)  This is a fresh install on a new PC - no previous version 2.2.

3)  On this computer, the OS is installed on an SSD, and P3D 2.3 is installed on a WD Velociraptor hard drive.

Gerald

So I installed the new ASN version ASNext_P3D_B5354, and this error seems to have gone away, even at ORBX Jackson Hole.  Sorry ORBX.  Also interesting, a placebo'ed opinion (it's a word, spell corrector doesn't bark at it, we should use it more, meaning unscientific and seeing something I like), is that while framerates went down, microstutter decreased alot.   Having fun now.

Actually, I have to take that back now.  It's still there.  And the tile blurriness are definitely related.

I had another idea about this error, so I tried it.  And it seems to have worked.  

Some scenery addons have dlls that are included with them.  I have reordered my scenery, loading those areas that seem to give the error for me, namely ORBX Jackson Hole, at the top of the list, meaning they are loaded last.  I also move the terrain mesh to the very top, above KJAC.  The error has gone missing.  

This makes sense to me because, as best as I can put it, what it means is a call to an override of a base P3D function failed.   Which means that that override of the base P3D function wasn't there when it was expected, in other words maybe it didn't load.   The order that scenery with dlls in them loads may be the issue.  At any rate, seems this simple move (using scenery config editor, but could be the same using P3D scenery menus dialogs) did the trick.

*shrug*

*shrug*

ah, never mind.  It' still there.  Here I thought it was cured. but only a temporary remission.