Sign in to follow this  
loge

Interesting LM info on volume fog and core affinity

Tthat wasn't my point - there still an Affinity Mask setting.  Does Lockheed Martin now recommend AM  = 111.....  on all processors?

Er... where do you see that affinity mask setting? Afaik there is no setting for it? The right AM is 'hardcoded' into 2.3, so to speak, so you shouldn't have to bother with it at all, which is what I was trying to say in my previous post. But anyway, 2.3 uses all cores indeed by default, if that's what you'd like to know. In 2.2 (and before) core 0 was disabled so most people use the AM tweak to enable all cores but that's not needed anymore. I know some people used other fancy core combinations but afaik LM recommends to NOT play with AM because it will only disrupt the balance.

Is there also a way to hide the messages that appear with a green bar when you open/close doors?

Yes.

Follow these two links:

http://www.sim-outho...ght=#post343583   ( see post #9)

Resource Hacker http://angusj.com/resourcehacker/

Originally for FSX but works for P3D.

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

Could you please list those tweaks to hide the annoying red messages?

Look for these in your Prepar3D.cfg:

InfoBrakesEnable=False
InfoParkingBrakesEnable=False
InfoPauseEnable=False
InfoSlewEnable=False
InfoStallEnable=False
InfoOverspeedEnable=False

Cheers, Rob.

What are now Lockheed Martin's latest recommended Affinity Mask settings?

^ How you know he didn't read what Zach from LM wrote.  And thus a glaring example of how the churn of disinformation continues despite facts out there saying otherwise. 

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

LM do not provide an affinity mask setting ... default is all cores.  You can still add one if you like and it will work ... but I suggest you only do this if you are trying to free up a CPU to do some other task that needs a dedicated core (TrackIR, FRAPS, etc.) and you have spare CPUs.  But the way the OS works I'm still not entirely convinced setting an affinity (even in this situation) is the best approach.

Part of the problem is that all cores share a single L2 cache ... and the other part of the problem is cache coherence (multiple caches containing a value of the same memory address).

Cheers, Rob.

But the way the OS works I'm still not entirely convinced setting an affinity (even in this situation) is the best approach.

I usually get problems with textures loading late (in certain heavy situations) whenever a core is NOT used by P3D so in the past I always used AM to enable all cores, which on both the PC's on which I used P3D was the best option. So I am happy not having to fool around with it anymore.

To get TrackIR running better (it sometimes was choppy) I gave it a higher priority instead of its own core. P3D needs that core badly and a higher priority works very well to make TrackIR pan around smooth. On my new PC I don't really need to do that either anymore. (As I don't need ANY tweak, system or P3D, anymore, which is really great when you like to reinstall the OS frequently! My OS-install document hasn't been this short in ages!)

LM do not provide an affinity mask setting ... default is all cores.

"default is all cores" which is what I asked Remembering that system can have more than 64 processors.

Indicentally, applications do have an default affinity mask setting - GetprocessAffinityMask() function gets it - as does Task manager.

Follow these two links:

http://www.sim-outho...ght=#post343583   ( see post #9)

Resource Hacker http://angusj.com/resourcehacker/

Originally for FSX but works for P3D.

Look for these in your Prepar3D.cfg:

InfoBrakesEnable=False
InfoParkingBrakesEnable=False
InfoPauseEnable=False
InfoSlewEnable=False
InfoStallEnable=False
InfoOverspeedEnable=False

Thank you!

Regarding the Messages:

Have you tried simStarter?

One feature (beside many, many others like Google Earth Export of your installed sceneries, Activating/deactivating/arranging your liveries, starting with different P3D.cfgs etc. etc) is to set color and duration of the info text or disable them. You can also edit the text which comes up by pressing shift+z

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't use nVidia Inspector either, everything via the nVidia Control (which in most cases is all "Application" controlled").

would you please share your Nvidia Control Panel settings, not clear what you mean by "in most cases".

thanks

Lyn the trucker

FSX - XP11 - MSFS         Ryzen 5900x - Asus X570 VIII Hero - RTX 4090 - G.SKILL Trident 32 GB DDR4 - WD SN750 M2 1TB + Samsung SSD 250GB - HP Reverb G2 - Win 10/64

Bob,

I made all changes as you listed, but still red messages are appearing. ( They are all"False" now.Is it suppose to be "True")

Ahmet Sanal

"Time you enjoyed wasting, was not wasted"

"Bob,

I made all changes as you listed, but still red messages are appearing. ( They are all"False" now.Is it suppose to be "True")"

I reboot pc and problem solved,

Ahmet Sanal

"Time you enjoyed wasting, was not wasted"

I made all changes as you listed, but still red messages are appearing. ( They are all"False" now.Is it suppose to be "True")

Why not using this statement in the [MAIN] section?

Spirit

HideInfoText=1 ---- gets rid of the mag, brakes and other info on the screen (optional)

I have what may be a low end system depending upon your own wealth. I have not used any tweaks on 2.3 and adjust the sliders to meet my financial means. I bet there is someone out there with an emotional subject all prepared to announce a miracle they just uncovered. Possible, yes but very unlikely. These miracles usually apply to only a specific system configuration. I found the one that "balances" the load amongst the cores by changing the Affinity Mask and the restoring it to the original. People claimed miracles but I found no noticeable change except the satisfaction of seeing equality amongst the expensive core usage. Finally, LM tells us that I was doing more harm than good.  :blush:  :blush:

regards,

Dick near Pittsburgh, USA