Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

XPlane Development Status Thread [Updated 12SEP14]

A few posts above:

Fool me once shame on you, Fool me twice shame on me.

'Shortly' is very normative. The definitions of 'shortly' can range from a couple of minutes, to several months, to decades, the latter mainly if you're a Galápagos tortoise and live for two centuries.

Its clear XP could do wonders with a PMDG 73NG, 744 or even 777, and they would sell very well, but if this secret project is an old prop job or something similar with a smaller following, i fear the return for investment for PMDG will be lower than deemed feasible and the rest of the aircraft planned to be released for XP will be canceled... loose-loose situation.

I share this opinion! Except if it would be an ATR 72 or a Dash 8-400, i wouldn't be interested in a turborpop and even less if it's an old one! :mellow:

cheers

Franz

i912900k, RTX 3090, 32GB RAM

I share this opinion! Except if it would be an ATR 72 or a Dash 8-400, i wouldn't be interested in a turborpop and even less if it's an old one!

I tend to agree with Franz007 except I have no interest in the ATR 72 or a Dash 8-400. I am hoping for the NGX or 777. While it is a learning experience, and maybe an extraordinarily difficult one for the port over, I think PMDG should shoot for the Boeings.

A long time has gone by since the X-Plane development announcement. It may point to my hopes being answered. Anyway, Good Luck PMDG with whatever product it decides to release.

Jim Morgan

Yes exactly. I also prefer a 737NGX or 777 (or even better 747-400) than a turboprop. But if it should be a turborop, i woud only be interested in the ATR 72 or Dash 4-800. Thats' what i wanted to say ^_^

i912900k, RTX 3090, 32GB RAM

As Robert stated more than once, their first model will be something that actually doesn't exist.

737, 777 and 747 will follow.

I see the 777 has been released for P3D and the endless problems crop up yet again! When we people learn to let go of the ancient relic and switch to the future!

Tomcat, thanks for your comments. Time will tell what is finally offered.

Several positive statements about X-Plane came out of my reading of one of the forums - "[07FEB15] PMDG 777-200LR/F & 300ER for P3D Released!"

X-Plane's multiple platforms - PC, Mac and Linux - and 64-bit would seem to offer a bright future for PMDG developments. I am looking forward to see what comes about.

Jim Morgan

Please indulge me. What is wrong with flightfactor 777 and 757 ? Are you just making your opinion on a few YT video or did you actually try it ?  I am owner of both and the differences are very subtle between the two.

I have both FF757 and 777, the Pro package.  And I have the PMDG 777.  The VC cockpit aspect ratio with the FF look weird.  No wing flex for the 777, the flying profile is stiff, and the 757 wing flex is a bit strange.  The dial buttons on the VC in both FF model is smallish and look out of place.  I just feel that PMDG model the heavy flying feel better.  Mind you I am no RW pilot, but I prefer the PMDG's work.  FF produces decent packages but compare them to PMDG and saying that they are of the same quality is bogus.

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

As Robert stated more than once, their first model will be something that actually doesn't exist.

When you say this, do you mean it doesn't exist in real life, or PMDG hasn't made it yet? There's a big distinction between those two.

I see the 777 has been released for P3D and the endless problems crop up yet again! When we people learn to let go of the ancient relic and switch to the future!

My guess? When people start following the forum rules :)

When you say this, do you mean it doesn't exist in real life, or PMDG hasn't made it yet? There's a big distinction between those two.

Clearly something that PMDG hasn't made it yet.

Yes I know there's a big distinction, but I never thought that someone could even wonder if PMDG could create an aircraft that doesn't exist yet.

My guess? When people start following the forum rules :)

Really just read the first page. It says it all.

Guys there are two things for certain with regards to PMDG's first release for Xplane.

1)Whatever aircraft it is it will be an incredibly detailed model of that aircraft, probably better than anything currently on the market for Xplane.

2)PMDG will not release it until it is ready.

Remember that IXEG have been developing there 737 classic for somewhere in the region of 3-5 years now and are only just looking like they are on the home straight. And as RSR said this project is a test bed for the future viability of PMDG developing for Xplane. So people saying that 'if it isn't X or Y aircraft I'm not buying it' aren't really helping the overall aim of getting PMDG to develop and release plenty of aircraft for the platform.

David Thwaites

Clearly something that PMDG hasn't made it yet.

Yes I know there's a big distinction, but I never thought that someone could even wonder if PMDG could create an aircraft that doesn't exist yet.

If it's something that PMDG hasn't made yet, I wouldn't mind a 787. The current offering on X-Plane, albeit being called payware, honestly isn't good enough to be worth the $20 it costs. It doesn't even have a custom FMC, and several parts of the cockpit are half-done.