Sign in to follow this  
dukeav

Traffic Optimizer for FSX/P3D

I just downloaded the latest version for P3D and it crashes at startup.  I am able to run the previous version without issues.  I also have .NET installed.  

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name: CLR20r3
  Problem Signature 01: airtrafficmanager.exe
  Problem Signature 02: 1.4.0.0
  Problem Signature 03: 544a3fd9
  Problem Signature 04: AirTrafficManager
  Problem Signature 05: 1.4.0.0
  Problem Signature 06: 544a3fd9
  Problem Signature 07: d
  Problem Signature 08: c6
  Problem Signature 09: System.InvalidOperationException
  OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
  Locale ID: 1033
  Additional Information 1: 0a9e
  Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
  Additional Information 3: 0a9e
  Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Read our privacy statement online:

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
  C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

I just downloaded the latest version for P3D and it crashes at startup

No problems here.

Here's a new work-in-progress version with a radar display for traffic watchers:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/zmdftsy127jgux2/AirTrafficManagerFSX-P3D_Radar.zip

Click the Radar button to display the radar. You can alter the scale using the combo. The radar will update after the optimize cycle runs, so every minute if the optimize is checked. Blue is you, green is AI active and red AI deleted in last cycle. Radar is always north oriented.

I just downloaded the latest version for P3D and it crashes at startup.  I am able to run the previous version without issues.  I also have .NET installed.  

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name: CLR20r3
  Problem Signature 01: airtrafficmanager.exe
  Problem Signature 02: 1.4.0.0
  Problem Signature 03: 544a3fd9
  Problem Signature 04: AirTrafficManager
  Problem Signature 05: 1.4.0.0
  Problem Signature 06: 544a3fd9
  Problem Signature 07: d
  Problem Signature 08: c6
  Problem Signature 09: System.InvalidOperationException
  OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
  Locale ID: 1033
  Additional Information 1: 0a9e
  Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
  Additional Information 3: 0a9e
  Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Read our privacy statement online:

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
  C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

After reading through more carefully, I found this nugget that did the trick

"Also try installing Simconnect again, look in the "redist" folder under where P3D is installed. Then look for simconnect.msi under FSX-RTM, FSX-SP1 and FSX-SP2-XPACK folders. Install all three from these folders"

Works great now!  Awesome tool!

Traffic Settings within FSX:

You should set the the traffic density in P3D to something which gives you decent traffic around you. For example I use MyTraffic, so I set the density to 35%, which I think reflects RW traffic. In my situation my FPS goes from ~12 to ~18 with this program in KJFK.

I don't get how it works then. So if I set 100 planes in AI Manager the in-game traffic setting shouldn't matter then, unless it gives less than 100 planes. So the question is why should I set FSX traffic less than 100% when using AI Manager?

Thanks,

Dirk.

I don't get how it works then. So if I set 100 planes in AI Manager the in-game traffic setting shouldn't matter then, unless it gives less than 100 planes. So the question is why should I set FSX traffic less than 100% when using AI Manager?

Thanks,

Dirk.

Dirk, you are right. You can set in-game to 100% and result would be same with limit of 100.

However in some areas, 100% can generate too much traffic to begin with and make the sim crawl in the beginning. It will get cleaned up to the limit set by the optimiser, but still too much clean up. For example 100% in NY area would result 1000+ aircraft, so 900+ would have to be deleted.

Dirk, you are right. You can set in-game to 100% and result would be same with limit of 100.

However in some areas, 100% can generate too much traffic to begin with and make the sim crawl in the beginning. It will get cleaned up to the limit set by the optimiser, but still too much clean up. For example 100% in NY area would result 1000+ aircraft, so 900+ would have to be deleted.

Ok, thanks. I'll try at 35% out of curiosity, but I should say that Optimizer cleans up traffic really fast say in EHAM, seemingly it's less than 5 seconds on my networked set up.

I would like to run this on my networked PC that I use for PFPX, EFB & ASN

I can successfully connect to FSX but the active flight plan cannot be read as traffic optimizer is looking for the flight plan to be on the local pc and it is actually on my networked FSX pc

How can I change the path to this location?

Regards

Richard

Richard

i7-12700K | Noctua NH-D15S Black Version | MSI Pro Z690 - A | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 | 1TB WD Blue NMVe (MSFS 2020) | 500 GB WD Black Gen 4 NVMe | 4TB WD Black Conventional | Fractal Design Torrent Case | Seasonic 1000W Gold Plus PSU | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Honeycomb Throttle | Airbus Side Stick | Virpil Rudder Pedals | Sony X90K 55 Inch TV |

mmBbmS1.png

I would like to run this on my networked PC that I use for PFPX, EFB & ASN

I can successfully connect to FSX but the active flight plan cannot be read as traffic optimizer is looking for the flight plan to be on the local pc and it is actually on my networked FSX pc

How can I change the path to this location?

Regards

Richard

I don't have experience with networked setup, but I think the flight plan path should be in UNC format in this case, e.g. \\computername\share\....

Can you see the path in the console? If its in UNC format then I think you just need share that path using Windows Explorer on the computer where the plan is stored. I am guessing though...

For trial copy the path (without the flight plan filename) from the console and paste it into Window Explorer. If it navigates correctly, then sharing is all-ok. Else you need to share.

Maybe the WideFS documentation shows to setup the sharing?

Duke,

Although I don't run TO via WideFS you are correct in your instruction. I share Flight Simulator X Files as 'plans' on my FSX PC named FLYING.

The UNC path is \\FLYING\PLANS.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Firstly many thanks Duke for a really helpful program that has really helped improve FPS on my FSX setup.  A question please:

For example: 

A flight from EGFF Cardiff  (with ground AI = 50) to EGLL London Heathrow (with ground AI = many) . 

ATM's Target Count at 150 and Preserve Airport traffic set ON

I presume initially priority will be given to preserve AI at the departure airport.

Does ATM continue preserving AI at the departure airport for the whole flight? 

Am I right in thinking that:  Ideally once the aircraft is 10NM or so distance from the departure airport all aircraft at the departure airport should become candidates for deletion and priority given to preserving airport traffic at the arrival airport and AI scheduled to land within (say) +/- 30 minutes of my flight (so AI seen landing and taxiing).

Thanks again for a great product.

Firstly many thanks Duke for a really helpful program that has really helped improve FPS on my FSX setup.  A question please:

For example: 

A flight from EGFF Cardiff  (with ground AI = 50) to EGLL London Heathrow (with ground AI = many) . 

ATM's Target Count at 150 and Preserve Airport traffic set ON

I presume initially priority will be given to preserve AI at the departure airport.

Does ATM continue preserving AI at the departure airport for the whole flight? 

Am I right in thinking that:  Ideally once the aircraft is 10NM or so distance from the departure airport all aircraft at the departure airport should become candidates for deletion and priority given to preserving airport traffic at the arrival airport and AI scheduled to land within (say) +/- 30 minutes of my flight (so AI seen landing and taxiing).

Thanks again for a great product.

Yes, ATM continues to preserve traffic at departure airport through-out the flight.

To be ideal, as you are thinking, this behavior should alter as we move away from the departure airport and go closer to the destinations. However, in actual, as we move away from departure airport and as that airport goes outside FSX's reality bubble (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc526983.aspx#TheRealityBubble), FSX internal logic will itself delete aircraft there. So practically we need not do anything extra.

There is a special case when the distance between departure and destination airports is within the reality bubble, a very short flight, and its a heavy traffic area. There perhaps we can optimize as you describe...