Sign in to follow this  
dukeav

Traffic Optimizer for FSX/P3D

I can't use it as all my A.I, appears to have gone completely!   Even at 100%, no traffic?  Is running in DX10 mode responsible for this as changing back to DX9, I've no traffic either. :(

Dave Taylor gb.png

I don't have experience with networked setup, but I think the flight plan path should be in UNC format in this case, e.g. \\computername\share\....

Can you see the path in the console? If its in UNC format then I think you just need share that path using Windows Explorer on the computer where the plan is stored. I am guessing though...

For trial copy the path (without the flight plan filename) from the console and paste it into Window Explorer. If it navigates correctly, then sharing is all-ok. Else you need to share.

Maybe the WideFS documentation shows to setup the sharing?

Hi Duke,

Everything is shared correctly and I can successfully connect to FSX. The program is still looking for the default path on my FSX machine for the flight plan. As a work around I simply copied the flight plan file once created to my network PC running all my addons.

I couldn't see anyway of changing the path from the console

Richard

Richard

i7-12700K | Noctua NH-D15S Black Version | MSI Pro Z690 - A | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 | 1TB WD Blue NMVe (MSFS 2020) | 500 GB WD Black Gen 4 NVMe | 4TB WD Black Conventional | Fractal Design Torrent Case | Seasonic 1000W Gold Plus PSU | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Honeycomb Throttle | Airbus Side Stick | Virpil Rudder Pedals | Sony X90K 55 Inch TV |

mmBbmS1.png

Duke, Further to my posting about deleting ground based AI at the departure airport once the flight is underway.  I did a simple test flight from Bristol (EGGD) to Heathrow (EGLL) to get a feel for AI deletion and generation.  Sorry it's a bit complicated:

EGGD - EGLL Distance 85.5NM

Actual AI before optimize: EGGD = 31.

Estimated AI at EGLL 290.

ATM Target Count set at 70 (purposely low to emphasise effect).

ATM set to Preserve Airport Traffic.

At start of flight ATM correctly showed 31 AI at EGGD and (as expected) zero AI at EGLL.

For most of the flight the departure airport EGGD "Located at" figure fluctuated between 30 and 33 (as flights departed and arrived).

At approximately 52NM from the destination airport the "Located at" number for EGLL suddenly changed from 0 to 66 (with 267 deletes) and then a few seconds later to 33 at the next optimize.  While these changes occurred EGGD continued to show 32 AI (+ small number of "Headed to" for both airports).

At approximately 70NM from Departure airport (EGGD) the ATM figure for EGGD suddenly reduced to 0. At this time EGLL showed 34 ground AI.

AI at the destination airport (EGLL) had increased to 36 at the time of landing.

So Duke, if it can be done easily, in my opinion it would be worthwhile allowing AI deletes at the departure airport from (say) 10NM from the airport. Doing this would result in fewer initial ground AI deletes as the flight comes within AI generation distance of the destination airport.  Had the flight been in the opposite direction ie, from Heathrow to Bristol I'm guessing there would be virtually no ground AI on arrival.

Bruce

Duke, Further to my posting about deleting ground based AI at the departure airport once the flight is underway.  I did a simple test flight from Bristol (EGGD) to Heathrow (EGLL) to get a feel for AI deletion and generation.  Sorry it's a bit complicated:

EGGD - EGLL Distance 85.5NM

Actual AI before optimize: EGGD = 31.

Estimated AI at EGLL 290.

ATM Target Count set at 70 (purposely low to emphasise effect).

ATM set to Preserve Airport Traffic.

At start of flight ATM correctly showed 31 AI at EGGD and (as expected) zero AI at EGLL.

For most of the flight the departure airport EGGD "Located at" figure fluctuated between 30 and 33 (as flights departed and arrived).

At approximately 52NM from the destination airport the "Located at" number for EGLL suddenly changed from 0 to 66 (with 267 deletes) and then a few seconds later to 33 at the next optimize.  While these changes occurred EGGD continued to show 32 AI (+ small number of "Headed to" for both airports).

At approximately 70NM from Departure airport (EGGD) the ATM figure for EGGD suddenly reduced to 0. At this time EGLL showed 34 ground AI.

AI at the destination airport (EGLL) had increased to 36 at the time of landing.

So Duke, if it can be done easily, in my opinion it would be worthwhile allowing AI deletes at the departure airport from (say) 10NM from the airport. Doing this would result in fewer initial ground AI deletes as the flight comes within AI generation distance of the destination airport.  Had the flight been in the opposite direction ie, from Heathrow to Bristol I'm guessing there would be virtually no ground AI on arrival.

Bruce

Hey Bruce, good experiment there, worth a thousand theories!

I'll look into doing it. One challenge I have to address is how to find the location of the airports so that I can measure the distance to user aircraft. Its not straightforward in FSX, I have to either parse through the scenery files and make (and maintain) my own database or I have to make web service query. I tried web-query earlier but I think I could not find a free service.

The deletion point, shouldn't it be mid-way between Airports? In case of emergency you will turn back if not crossed mid-way, and now you don't want your departure airport to be empty. But then this would complicate the scenario above.

Here's a radar update:

1. Shows each Aircraft's Gate/Runway and state
2. Options to filter aircraft based on state

co8d53ssk5xzwi86g.jpgsbwcabt6uljt9ai6g.jpg

I cannot run your latest version with the radar; I can run the version without the mapping application.

I noticed that the pictures show Google Maps. Is that a required item?

Mark Fox

I cannot run your latest version with the radar; I can run the version without the mapping application.

I noticed that the pictures show Google Maps. Is that a required item?

Do you get any error message? For google maps it will fetch the map from google, so you will have let it through your firewall.

I am shifting to OSM instead of google as google restricts image size to 640x640. It should be done soon.

Duke - Although you could 100% predict the outcome..........

I repeated the same flight (EGGD - EGLL) as my previous post only this time I manually cleared the ICAO code for the Departure Airport at about 15NM into the flight (leaving Preserve Airport Traffic ticked ON). I clicked "Refresh" and as expected the Departure Airport "Headed to" and "Located at" became zero at the next Optimise. 

As before Target Count was 70.

At 52NM from EGLL the Destination Airport changed from zeros to "Headed to =1" and "Located at = 69".

Not as elegant as a coded solution but it achieved the desired objective.

Bruce

Do you get any error message? For google maps it will fetch the map from google, so you will have let it through your firewall.

I am shifting to OSM instead of google as google restricts image size to 640x640. It should be done soon.

No error messages. I can run the original version and the first Radar version on both the main and client computer. I am unable to run the latest radar version on either. No start screen hence no console!

Mark Fox

Latest radar version runs fine on the client here. It just won't see the flight plan.

Maurice J

I7 7700k 4.7 \ EVGA 1080ti \ G-Skill 32GB \ Samsung 4K TV

Here is the next radar version:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/zmdftsy127jgux2/AirTrafficManagerFSX-P3D_Radar.zip

1. Maps are from MapQuest/OSM.

2. The map tiles are cached in the tile_cache folder, it will keep growing for now. Will have cleanup strategy in next release. Please empty it if required.

3. Remember, the radar updates once optimize starts, so give it a minute to refresh.

4. Also this version has better support to troubleshoot startup errors. If there is startup problem, you will get a message dialog. Please paste it here.

12wi5uxb2e5a2v86g.jpg

The latest radar version works out of the box on a networked setup for me Duke. Don't know why the previous version didn't; I guess that doesn't matter now does it!

Brilliant.....just brilliant.

Mark Fox

I get the following when trying to start in Win8 on a networked client.  My simconnect is 10.0.61259.0, other programs connect fine on the client (ASN, EFB, Super Traffic Board).

issue_zpsfb12b903.jpg

Thanks for any  input.

Joe Lorenc