Sign in to follow this  
dukeav

Traffic Optimizer for FSX/P3D

duke,

I checked and don't have a ESP Simconnect entry. I don't remember having that previously.

I looked for a download link but nothing was obvious.

What specifically do I need to repair? I've already repaired SimConnect and as I said earlier both ASN and EFB both work fine via SimConnect.

I had a similar problem with another application - my computer had crashed when installing ELicenser software (for a music application). I ended up solving it by searching my entire hard drive for the application (using a wild card for the file name suffix), after which I was able to successfully install and run the application. I don't know if this will help but maybe it's worth a try.

What specifically should I search for Stevan?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

duke,

I checked and don't have a ESP Simconnect entry. I don't remember having that previously.

I looked for a download link but nothing was obvious.

What specifically do I need to repair? I've already repaired SimConnect and as I said earlier both ASN and EFB both work fine via SimConnect.

I built this FSX version with Simconnect from FSX SP2. That should make it work with FSX SP2 as well as FSX Accel, in-fact also P3D.

Do you FSX Accel or SP2?

SP2. You may remember I was involved in testing for that version and you eventually got it working.

I'm going to uninstall simconnect and reinstall. Hopefully that will fix it.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I would search for AirTrafficManager* - I haven't been able to download/run this yet, but will follow up when I do and if I find anything else to search for that may help.

BTW - I would perform this search not only on the drive where you've installed it, but also on your C: drive (if your installation was on a different drive). In my situation, the remnant files were buried in my Windows folders.

duke,

What specifically should I search for Stevan?

SP2. You may remember I was involved in testing for that version and you eventually got it working.

I'm going to uninstall simconnect and reinstall. Hopefully that will fix it.

Ray, I have a dumb question to ask - I just tried running this app and got the same error because FSX was not started, but when I started FSX and loaded a plan/flight, it ran fine. Was FSX started when you launched the application?

I would search for AirTrafficManager* - I haven't been able to download/run this yet, but will follow up when I do and if I find anything else to search for that may help.

BTW - I would perform this search not only on the drive where you've installed it, but also on your C: drive (if your installation was on a different drive). In my situation, the remnant files were buried in my Windows folders.

There's no need to search for it. The whole package comprises 4 files which are just unzipped to a location of your choice. In my case I chose Program Files (x86). There isn't a setup.exe. AirTrafficManager.exe only exists in the one place.

Ray, I have a dumb question to ask - I just tried running this app and got the same error because FSX was not started, but when I started FSX and loaded a plan/flight, it ran fine. Was FSX started when you launched the application?

Yes. That's why I was able to prove other apps that reply on simconnect were running fine. There isn't any mention in simconnect.log of AirTrafficManager so it's not even being recognised by it. SimConnect is such a nightmare with different software reliant on different versions of it. Worst bit of software Microsoft ever wrote. :mad:

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

SimConnect is such a nightmare with different software reliant on different versions of it. Worst bit of software Microsoft ever wrote.

Ray, SimConnect relies on the WinSxS system. This automatically runs drivers such as SimConnect side by side. That is to say, whichever version of SimConnect the App was written to, the correct version of the dll loads for that App. So we can have several versions of SimConnect running all at once without "trouble". Trouble is, the set-up of WinSxS SimConnect is fragile, but solves more problems than in creates.

All the best. 

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

And that is its inherent weakness Steve. Imagine if different programs required different versions of FSUIPC. You'd have a double nightmare. But one version of FSUIPC takes care of everything.

Perhaps someone could confirm which version of simconnect AirTrafficManager relies on. Clearly not the same as ASN or EFB which run perfectly.

Or does the problem lie with .Net4 or C++? All are apparently installed according to Programs in Control Panel.

If none of my simconnect reliant programs ran I could understand. But it's only this one.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

And that is its inherent weakness Steve. Imagine if different programs required different versions of FSUIPC. You'd have a double nightmare. But one version of FSUIPC takes care of everything.

WinSxS runs dozens of similar drivers side by side without incident. You are referring to a problem caused by addons using SimConnect incorrectly, and or a system with poor set-up or incorrect permissions.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

Perhaps someone could confirm which version of simconnect AirTrafficManager relies on. Clearly not the same as ASN or EFB which run perfectly.

Or does the problem lie with .Net4 or C++? All are apparently installed according to Programs in Control Panel.

If none of my simconnect reliant programs ran I could understand. But it's only this one.

Ray, do you have the SDK? If yes, you can try re-installing Simconnect from it. The Simconnect msi should be located here SimConnect SDK/LegacyInterfaces.

Here's what I've done this morning...

1) Installed SDK 1 from the FSX DVD.

2) Installed SDK sp1a

3) installed SDK sp2.

Tried AirTrafficManager. Still same error.

4) Uninstalled .NET4

5) Uninstalled simconnect.

Tried running ATM. Complains .NET is required.

6) installed .NET4

7) Uninstalled VC++ 2005, 2008, 2010.

8) Ran ATM. Still same error message as yesterday.

9) Installed VC++ 2005.

10) Rebooted and Windows Update updates .NET4 to 4.5.1

11) Installed simconnect v1, sp1a and sp2 SDK

12) Installed VC++ 2008.

Tried ATM. Still same error. If I run it on another PC with simconnect installed I get the following messages in the console...

> Connection request sent ...
> Exception received: 5
> Exception received: 1
> Exception received: 61259
> Exception received: 24
> Exception received: 4
> Data request sent ...
> Optimize starting ...
> Deleted - 0
> Data request sent ...
> Optimize starting ...
> Deleted - 0

Does this help? I have reinstalled VC++, .NET and simconnect. I'm at a loss as to what to do to get this program to run.

IMPORTANT: I was going to download it again but there's a block as it's been downloaded too many times. How can I get the latest version? Maybe you can upload to AvSim Library?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Here's what I've done this morning...

1) Installed SDK 1 from the FSX DVD.

2) Installed SDK sp1a

3) installed SDK sp2.

Tried AirTrafficManager. Still same error.

4) Uninstalled .NET4

5) Uninstalled simconnect.

Tried running ATM. Complains .NET is required.

6) installed .NET4

7) Uninstalled VC++ 2005, 2008, 2010.

8) Ran ATM. Still same error message as yesterday.

9) Installed VC++ 2005.

10) Rebooted and Windows Update updates .NET4 to 4.5.1

11) Installed simconnect v1, sp1a and sp2 SDK

12) Installed VC++ 2008.

Tried ATM. Still same error. If I run it on another PC with simconnect installed I get the following messages in the console...

> Exception received: 61259

> Exception received: 24

> Exception received: 4

> Data request sent ...

> Optimize starting ...

> Deleted - 0

> Data request sent ...

> Optimize starting ...

> Deleted - 0

Does this help? I have reinstalled VC++, .NET and simconnect. I'm at a loss as to what to do to get this program to run.

IMPORTANT: I was going to download it again but there's a block as it's been downloaded too many times. How can I get the latest version? Maybe you can upload to AvSim Library?

Ray,

That means:

SIMCONNECT_EXCEPTION_VERSION_MISMATCH = 5

So there is a version problem. Given me some time, I will try an write something to troubleshoot this.

Looks like too many downloads and Google has blocked for 24hrs. Let me think of an alternative. Does'nt Avsim library have some validation/qualification/approval process before I upload something?

So there is a version problem. Given me some time, I will try an write something to troubleshoot this.

Looks like too many downloads and Google has blocked for 24hrs. Let me think of an alternative. Does'nt Avsim library have some validation/qualification/approval process before I upload something?

Hi duke,

Many thanks for troubleshooting this. All other simconnect reliant software works and a simconnect test program also confirms SP2 is successful. If we can identify which component software is causing the error hopefully it will help you.

Anyone registered with AvSim can upload files. I've done it many times myself. You should be fine uploading here.

duke,

The package I have includes LockheedMartin.Prepar3D.SimConnect.dll. I don't have P3D installed.

I tried renaming the dll to dl# but ATM doesn't then run.

Is it trying to connect to a version of simconnect for P3D?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Hi duke,

Many thanks for troubleshooting this. All other simconnect reliant software works and a simconnect test program also confirms SP2 is successful. If we can identify which component software is causing the error hopefully it will help you.

Anyone registered with AvSim can upload files. I've done it many times myself. You should be fine uploading here.

duke,

The package I have includes LockheedMartin.Prepar3D.SimConnect.dll. I don't have P3D installed.

I tried renaming the dll to dl# but ATM doesn't then run.

Is it trying to connect to a version of simconnect for P3D?

Ray, that's the wrong package. Were you always trying with this? This will work only with P3D. You need the one called AirTrafficManagerFSX-SP2.zip. That does not have any LockheedMartin.Prepar3D.SimConnect.dll.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's a new link since Google Drive seems to have exceeded limits for a day:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/grmei5al2h0m4pj/AirTrafficManagerFSX-SP2.zip

duke,

Arrgghh! Did I really go through all that simply because the wrong package was installed?

Although it was a mistake on my part maybe you could include a check on whether the right version is running.

This version now runs but in the Console it say's "Connected to Prepar3D".

A bit of tidying of the messages might be in order. Thanks once again.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

duke,

Arrgghh! Did I really go through all that simply because the wrong package was installed?

Although it was a mistake on my part maybe you could include a check on whether the right version is running.

This version now runs but in the Console it say's "Connected to Prepar3D".

A bit of tidying of the messages might be in order. Thanks once again.

What a relief! Glad its working for you now.

Yes, I can add a message for the version. The message needs fix. The FSX version is lagging the P3D version as I have some issues with it. Will fix that when ready.