Sign in to follow this  
dukeav

Traffic Optimizer for FSX/P3D

Same problem in P3D 2.5 and latest hotfix...looks like this app is dead.

Download AICull  in the Avsim Lib works in FSX and SE and P3D V2.5 Does the same job, and can run networked. Same author as Ai Sid n Stars. If you use AI sid and stars, ai cull is built in.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

This is a GREAT tool! However, it only worked couple times for me. Everything else, I always get this error message:

> Failed to connect - System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80004005): Error HRESULT E_FAIL has been returned from a call to a COM component.
   at System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.ThrowExceptionForHRInternal(Int32 errorCode, IntPtr errorInfo)
   at Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect.SimConnect..ctor(String szName, IntPtr hWnd, UInt32 UserEventWin32, WaitHandle hEventHandle, UInt32 ConfigIndex)
   at AirTrafficManager.Main.openConnection()

I tried to look for solution and found nothing. I am running classic FSX Accelerator with latest FSUIPC installed

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

Download AICull  in the Avsim Lib works in FSX and SE and P3D V2.5 Does the same job, and can run networked. Same author as Ai Sid n Stars. If you use AI sid and stars, ai cull is built in.

As I understand it, what AICull does is a little different--it looks for traffic not either at or coming to/going from a monitored airport, and deletes it. What the traffic optimizer is doing is culling all traffic above a certain set number (default is 100) starting with the most distant. They're both reducing the amount of traffic but in a different way, with different effects (e.g. with AICull if you're flying from one smallish airport to another, you'd have almost no enroute traffic, right?).

James

As I understand it, what AICull does is a little different--it looks for traffic not either at or coming to/going from a monitored airport, and deletes it. What the traffic optimizer is doing is culling all traffic above a certain set number (default is 100) starting with the most distant. They're both reducing the amount of traffic but in a different way, with different effects (e.g. with AICull if you're flying from one smallish airport to another, you'd have almost no enroute traffic, right?).

James

I agree with you James.

I used the AICull. It reduce traffic but I still suffered from FPS drop.

The AICull is only reducing traffic that is NOT flying to the listed airport. The traffic optimizer is an ideal tool because it will not discriminate the AI route, instead it will reduce traffic on certain distance. I used on my low end laptop and it works like a charm (from 3 FPS to 30 FPS). For whatever reason, I couldn't get it to work on my desktop. 

I am unable to get Air Traffic Manager to work with FSX Steam edition.  I have installed all of the legacy simconnect versions from the FSX-SE SDK.  Here is the error log.

> Failed to connect - System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80004005): Error HRESULT E_FAIL has been returned from a call to a COM component.
   at System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.ThrowExceptionForHRInternal(Int32 errorCode, IntPtr errorInfo)
   at System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.ThrowExceptionForHR(Int32 errorCode)
   at Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect.SimConnect..ctor(String szName, IntPtr hWnd, UInt32 UserEventWin32, WaitHandle hEventHandle, UInt32 ConfigIndex)

Any ideas?  (note it does work in my side by side FSX install).

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

Interestingly it works when running it from my second computer and connecting through Widefs.

Now that is very interesting...

Interestingly it works when running it from my second computer and connecting through Widefs.

So I finally broke down and bought WideFS on the chance that I'd be able to run the traffic optimizer again, having really missed it at flights from large hubs... Sadly, it doesn't work. Still hoping I'm simply doing something wrong, though. I start up Wide Client, I start FSX, and then I run the traffic optimizer on my client machine, which then gives me the exact same error message as if I ran it on my FSX-SE machine:

at System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.ThrowExceptionForHR(Int32 errorCode)

Other utilities seem to work fine (e.g. I tried Ray Proudfoot's VAS monitor and the two computers seem to communicate back and forth without any trouble). Do I need to put the traffic optimizer in a special folder on the client machine or something? Is there something else here I'm missing?

James

James,

Unless Mark describes how he got TO to work via WideFS I'd be inclined to ask Pete Dowson on his forum if he can help you. http://forum.simflight.com/forum/30-fsuipc-support-pete-dowson-modules/

I have always run TO from the FSX PC so cannot help I'm afraid.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Since the app seems to have little negative impact on performance while it is deleting AI aircraft here and there, I can't see why one would keep trying to run it over a network, if it didn't work properly. It's not a big resource hog and what resources that it consumes are via SimConnect. Running it over a network isn't likely to influence that situation.

Since the app seems to have little negative impact on performance while it is deleting AI aircraft here and there, I can't see why one would keep trying to run it over a network

Precisely. It works hardest on the first pass when the excess Ai are cut down to the number requested. Thereafter, the number deleted will be small. I suggest James persevere trying to get it to run on the FSX PC. The only difference between FSX:MS and FSX:SE is likely to be the SimConnect entry and it's there I would start.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I think I've got this narrowed down a problem the program is having fully recognizing that SimConnect build 61242 (SP1) is in fact installed. The weird thing is that when I mess with the 61242 simconnect.dll file Air Traffic Manager does a hard crash with a different error--so it's finding the simconnect.dll properly in the Winsxs folder, but somehow something is going wrong after that...

James,

Unless Mark describes how he got TO to work via WideFS I'd be inclined to ask Pete Dowson on his forum if he can help you. http://forum.simflight.com/forum/30-fsuipc-support-pete-dowson-modules/

Not much to it, I installed TO on my second computer and ran it after starting WideFS.  It worked.  If I try to run on my main PC with FSX-SE I get an error and it will not work.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

Not much to it, I installed TO on my second computer and ran it after starting WideFS.  It worked.  If I try to run on my main PC with FSX-SE I get an error and it will not work.

Do you have any SimConnect entries on the 2nd PC? What was the error on the FSX machine? I'm only asking on behalf of James as I am still running FSX:MS.

I suppose it wouldn't harm to mention version numbers too so he can compare.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Hi. Just downloaded the latest version available at the top of the page, but when opening it, it says version 1.9.1.1  and does have the boat count.

Is this version the latest available and has the boat crash been fixed >?

Thanks

Eduardo