Sign in to follow this  
z06z33

Question about Aerosoft A318/19

Hey Rich,

Weather radar is always on, just have to turn up the brightness on one of the dimmer controls.  The A319 has it's own native P3D v2.x installer so no need for EMT.

I hadn't noticed blurries, but to be honest I wasn't really focusing on that ... primarily interested in cloud performance.  When I get a chance I'll check out to see if I get terrain lod issues on a clear day.  Only thing I did notice is that the Spot view zoom level seems wrong ... buildings are blocking my view even when I'm zoomed up close to the aircraft and stop far out on a taxi-way ... so I think something is up there which may impact terrain tile LOD.

Cheers, Rob.

Hey Rich,

Thanks Bro - would appreciate it - I'm scared as this is the crap I saw in fsx thought those days were over as my terrain has been crystal with any aircraft except for this one - not happy - with excellent fps I am a bit baffled why its doing it 

Rich Sennett

"Weather radar is always on, just have to turn up the brightness on one of the dimmer controls."

I dont think so Rob there is a switch to turn it on

Rich Sennett

Well, in my humble opinion, this thread does not do this release justice.   I guess to some people here, nothing will do where Airbuses are concerned, until FSL release.

But this A318/A319 is a very good strong release for FSX and P3D.

It builds upon the already big bag of functionality and immersion factors that was in the AXE.  There is a lot more; voice packs in many English accents (including US), more features on the checklist and F/O system, the terrain and weather radars, new PFD and ND gauges using newer technology, new soundsets, a new loading function on the 2nd MCDU and, well everything else that was listed in Glenn's post on Page 1 of the thread.

I bought the upgrade today (Simmarket buyers could get the upgrade from yesterday; only EUR 19.95) and have flown 3 flights in the A319 so far, and 1 (London City-New York) in the A318.     I don't think I am going to be able to tear myself out of these baby buses for a long time. :smile:

The VC:   As a DX9 FSX user, I'll be honest and say it is almost identical to the AXE VC.  Personally I would have loved to see a few more smudges, weathering and 'ageing' built in to this upgrade but that's just my personal preference.   It's still a really great VC.  A slight change to the AXE VC would have been the icing on the cake, but it's still a fantastic package for those upgrading from the AXE at 19 Euros, or as a new purchase at 39 Euros.

For true Airbus fans - it's a must.      Or, sit back and wait another XX months / years for the FSL; it's a buyers market.  It's up to you. :smile:

I love the AXE and I will eventually purchase the A318/19 and the upgrade to my A32x... but I am a bit disappointed Aerosoft has not included in this release the calculation of winds aloft data for fuel prediction in the FMGS. This is an important feature that keeps being neglected, sadly.

Anyway... I hope they do something about it soon.

Enrique Vaamonde

Does anyone know whether they did, or are going to, allow you to choose between KGs and LBs?

Dan

Not sure but I think its only KGs for now - again thought I read that

Well just opened configurator and its showing lbs also - so maybe good to go - have not had time to look thru as I am having a performance issue with blurry terrain

Rich Sennett

I do not fly the AirBus yet ... it may be a good time to learn.

From what I read Aerosoft did a great job on this aircraft.

Is the A318/A319 ok by itself  ... or would I later regret not getting the bundled ... available later A320?

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Nvidia surround is a no go.... you'd think they could at last make it so it doesn't give the spinning cursor of death in FSX going to install it for P3D and see what happens there. It also gives an instant crash if it is spanned across all 3 screens unless you use window mode and only stretch it over 1 screen.

Edit: The spinning wheel of death doesn't occur in P3D (the cause in FSX if the default panel is lower resolution than your screen it can cause it) seems like LM made it so it won't do this on any aircraft anymore but the performance is a bit worse. Maybe correcting the panel files will fix that, already modding it to work with FSX properly.

Had some flights on it last night and seems good so far :) Weather radar seemed OK and plane handled well.

From EGFF to YSSY

one of "my" bugs in the axe was with the spd/mach switching in selected speed .... for example, on descent thru FL300, switching to spd results in a "20-30kt jump" to a slower IAS than what it was when in mach.

another "my" bug is that in selected fpa, the rate of descent is 2-300fpm steeper than it should be..for example, a 30 fpa @ 400kts GS should be 2000fpm, not 2300-2400fpm in smooth conditions.

any notes on these issues in the a318/9.

for now, cheers

john martin

"Hotfix" version 1.01 released

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

I believe that hot fix is for FSX only?  No mention of P3D and only mentions FSX main folder.

Cheers, Rob.

I believe that hot fix is for FSX only?  No mention of P3D and only mentions FSX main folder.

Cheers, Rob.

It is a flight system update Rob so will apply to P3D as well. But you could check with Joshua

MGS:

• CTD when entering ILS IDENT to tune the NAV Radios

FBW

• Minor pitch tuning

PFD

• VLS now affected by alpha when in turns and spoilers used. 
  • VFE corrected to immediately step down when next step of flaps is commanded
  • S Speed operative regardless of MCDU phase.
  • Removed Green = overspeed indication when config is not clean
Misc
  • APU FLAP OPEN time doubled.
  • EXT PWR AVAIL light goes off when pushed on.

Sounds

• "SPEED SPEED" Low Energy Warning tweaked.
Vol6 StepbyStep Tutorial
  • Various errors corrected, refer to manual changelog.
Checklist- / Copilot Functionality
  • Copilot now says Auto for the Probe/Windowheat
  • PF FLAPS ZERO call changed.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.