Sign in to follow this  
Capt Speirs

PMDG 777 Immersion

Just a heads up, it's a violation of our EULA to use this.

Beside that, the vortex from the wing is usually off the flap and not the wingtip, and the nacelle condensation usually clears when the engine has finished accelerating to takeoff speed. I'll admit, it's kinda neat, but again - outside the allowances provided in our EULA.

We know it's a EULA violation, we have tried to contact PMDG multiple times in the past about this...

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Just a heads up, it's a violation of our EULA to use this.

Beside that, the vortex from the wing is usually off the flap and not the wingtip, and the nacelle condensation usually clears when the engine has finished accelerating to takeoff speed. I'll admit, it's kinda neat, but again - outside the allowances provided in our EULA.

Wow!  I hope a resolution can be found.  This product has been on the market for a few months now, has been professionally marketed, and was purchased by loyal PMDG customers in good faith, and who certainly bore no malintent.  Having only enjoyed it for one day,  I am impressed by what it adds to the experience, and can see that it has already been substantially improved and has a promising future.  Please, PMDG/FSFX, get in touch with one another and work out a solution!  It would be a shame for this promising product to go up in vapor (pun fully intended).

Andrew Jones

Andrew Jones

Wow! I hope a resolution can be found. This product has been on the market for a few months now, has been professionally marketed, and was purchased by loyal PMDG customers in good faith, and who certainly bore no malintent. Having only enjoyed it for one day, I am impressed by what it adds to the experience, and can see that it has already been substantially improved and has a promising future. Please, PMDG/FSFX, get in touch with one another and work out a solution! It would be a shame for this promising product to go up in vapor (pun fully intended).

Andrew Jones

No Worry Andrew, things are on the good track.

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

No Worry Andrew, thinks are on the good track.

Best of luck as the NGX will need some attention 

Rich Sennett

I've uninstalled my PMDG products and PrecipitFX 777 immersion package until this is resolved.

Rob.

We know it's a EULA violation, we have tried to contact PMDG multiple times in the past about this...

I am wondering how often FS2Crew had to contact PMDG until they got permission to change T7 files?!?   :rolleyes:

I've uninstalled my PMDG products and PrecipitFX 777 immersion package until this is resolved.

Rob.

Why do you feel the need to notify us of such a decision that only affect you personally?

Would you like to show what a good & faithful flight simmer you are or just encourage people to feel guilty and follow your example?

I am genuinely confused by this statement. Could you clarify your reasoning behind it a bit? Thank you in advance! ^_^

Henk de Vries

Could you clarify your reasoning behind it a bit?

It violates PMDG's EULA ... so I uninstalled both until resolved.  This isn't a topic I brought up, but why can't I post my decision?  I post my decisions all the time, as do many others -- they're all personal (and none of them are posted to instill an emotional reaction such as guilt or anger or anything else).

I haven't made any recommendation if that's what you are confused about?  And I wouldn't make any recommendation, not my place to do so.

Like other's have pointed out, there are many other add-ons (other than PrecipitFX) that apparently violate PMDG's EULA ... if PMDG decide to clarify or adjust their EULA then I'll re-install.  If that doesn't happen so be it, life goes on without PMDG ... for me.

Are you suggesting this shouldn't be discussed?  Seems kinda important to me, just because of the shear number of other products that could be affected by this.

Cheers, Rob.

Seems rather pathetic lol. I bought them both and will continue to use both regardless. Looks like you'll be without PMDG products installed whilst everyone else is enjoying them. To be honest it looks like a cry for attention, how lame.

Another thing that struck me is that PMDG haven't commented on people modifying the JS4100's panel.cfg for a weather radar, despite the fact that the Jetstream EULA doesn't allow altering PMDG files, either.

So I concur with Rob: Some clarification or differentiation on the part of PMDG would be welcome.

To be honest it looks like a cry for attention, how lame.

I'm not going to warn you of personal attacks, because I'm sure that's what you seek with your goading.

However, as a PMDG customer and a PrecipitFX customer and seeing as how PMDG are VERY particular about EULAs, I think this topic is worth some attention beyond current statements.  I'll go out on a limb and even suggest it's of interest to the PrecipitFX folks and several other 3rd party entites.  I wouldn't consider this discussion/topic lame nor my decision lame nor bringing it up for attention as lame.

As it stands now, PMDG will not support EULA violations ... no matter how minor they may seem.

Cheers, Rob.

To be honest it looks like a cry for attention, how lame

Wow - that's not terrible mature now is it.  Rob has made his position on things like piracy and by extension one presumes EULA's very clear in numerous posts, both here and over at Aerosoft.  While i disagree with many of the things he says, i do admire the fact that he appears to practice what he preaches. 

Ian R Tyldesley

Seems rather pathetic lol. I bought them both and will continue to use both regardless. Looks like you'll be without PMDG products installed whilst everyone else is enjoying them. To be honest it looks like a cry for attention, how lame.

Thats a pretty bold and unwarranted post for someone with 28 posts

Rich Sennett

Rob.

With respect that seems an over-reaction. Removing Immersion to be within the EULA I can understand, but why uninstall your PMDG products?

ki9cAAb.jpg

Regardless of EULA, the effects are way over the top, if you ask me.

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor