Sign in to follow this  
dukeav

VAS / OOM and Textures

It were Carenado aircraft. I got those square propeller textures.

Any specific model?

I just looked at B1900D, the props were fine, both engines on or off.

One thing that I noticed is that the app will convert BMP textures to DDS and with a few aircraft this can mess up the panel displays.

There maybe an option not rename the file or not convert certain types. Lets see. Or maybe renaming the converted dds back to bmp works?

Which aircraft and what's the mess?

One thing that I noticed is that the app will convert BMP textures to DDS and with a few aircraft this can mess up the panel displays.

All textures used in a 2d panel and all popup sub-panels must remain in 24bit BMP format.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

There is an option to prevent conversion of certain files, but I didn't think about limiting the conversion to dds files until afterward. The plane that got messed up was French VFR's bush C150 but it was only the panel and it was easy to repair.

Since the heat is of and I'm not worried about devs revoking my license I can admit that the two sceneries that I tried this on in my post above was Aerosoft Dublin and ORBX Ireland. Brutal for OOMs on the same setting, compared to say FSDreamteams CYVR and ORBX PNW for example. Absolutely Brutal and you can't tell me that The later are more complex. No they are just of an inferior quality :lol:. I'm not doing anymore of this! Its far to complex for me!

I've decided that it's not worth it either. There's too much room for hidden disasters.

There is an option to prevent conversion of certain files, but I didn't think about limiting the conversion to dds files until afterward. The plane that got messed up was French VFR's bush C150 but it was only the panel and it was easy to repair.

Right, I looked at CLS 747 and 2D textures are not proper, they appear to be small on the screen.

So unless, someone uses only VC like me, or are willing to look through the textures files to exclude 2D panels, they should not be using this on the aircraft folder.

DD' UUEE conversion worked well, and also KJFK. I have to double check with fraps but I think my frames were much better also on landing at both.

I started to read this from page 1....My hopes flushed in the toilett.

OOM till FSX2015

Regis Biassala 

What is OOM? I'm hearing this among chatter now. I don't recall this ever being part of discussions before, until recently.

OOM - aka: Out of Memory:

A confusingly named error that actually has nothing at all to do with memory, but instead is directly caused by exhaustion of Virtual Address Space (VAS).

As for being "recent," to the contrary this has been an ongoing topic of conversation for the past few years... :LMAO:

See: http://fsdeveloper.com/wiki/index.php?title=OOM_Error

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

DD' UUEE conversion worked well, and also KJFK. I have to double check with fraps but I think my frames were much better also on landing at both.

Keep it up Duke. I will probably follow suite on the Airports and AI traffic since it definitely seemed to help with Aerosoft Dublin

I converted all textures for Taxi2Gate' KMCO, LatinVFR's KMIA/TJSJ and it has definitely given me a good boost in performance. VAS usage also dropped considerably, so lowering texture sizes to 1024 definitely helps.

Regards,

Efrain Ruiz
LiveDISPATCH @ http://www.livedispatch.org (CLOSED) ☹️

I am gong to give it another try with all of the WOAI packages. I believe I have them all! And FSDreamteam KLAX.

I am gong to give it another try with all of the WOAI packages. I believe I have them all! And FSDreamteam KLAX.

Beat you to it, Dave hahaha I also did my WOAI packages and as expected, better performance and especially visuals since now they are mipped.

Regards,

Efrain Ruiz
LiveDISPATCH @ http://www.livedispatch.org (CLOSED) ☹️

Beat you to it, Dave hahaha I also did my WOAI packages and as expected, better performance and especially visuals since now they are mipped.

Glad to hear that. Sure laugh it up at my expense:-) I am glad it worked! I will try it tomorrow and KLAX