Sign in to follow this  
dukeav

VAS / OOM and Textures

That is decidedly odd, as I resize DXT1 and DXT5 all the time in Photoshop and have never had a problem with the Alpha channels...

Maybe Photoshop has a different way of doing it, I don't have Photoshop to compare. I never purchased Photoshop since I don't have a practical use for it.

Anyway, maybe you can help me. When I open Gimp and drop a DXT1,3,5 texture into it that has an alpha channel and resize it, it always screws up the alpha channel. Kind of like it just resizes the texture sheet but not the alpha. Then when I save it after scaling the image down the texture won't display correctly. Hence the reason I always have to open the texture and export the texture sheet and the alpha channel separately to Gimp to resize them and import the back into DXTBmp to save them.

I've fiddled around with Gimp through the years to try to figure out a way to resize and texture with an alpha channel in one step using Gimp, even tried Google searches and never figured it out. There could be a way and I wish I knew because the way I do it take a lot longer.

If you know any secrets using Gimp that would allow me to resize a DXT texture with an alpha channel in one shot I would be more than happy to know know.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Honestly, I have no idea. I can spell "GIMP" but that's the extent of my personal knowledge on the matter. Seriously... :wink:

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Great post.

I've tried to download this software but it just displays it as a 7Z file which doesn't run at all.

Anyone know how to get this program to run?

Great post.

I've tried to download this software but it just displays it as a 7Z file which doesn't run at all.

Anyone know how to get this program to run?

Hi there,

The 7Z file is a compressed file format just like a ZIP file is in a compressed format too.

To uncompress the file install 7Zip - http://www.7-zip.org or http://www.peazip.org - on your system.

Good luck.

Cheers,

Jerome