Sign in to follow this  
byork

16 July 2021: VERSION 3.6 FOR THE PMDG 777 RELEASED!

James, you are rude :blink: !! Since years now, all the checklists are done in English on board French airplane. If you don't like French (people and Country) you have severals forum for that  :ph34r:

Christophe.

Don't remember saying I didn't like French people or the country? Actually I think France is a beautiful country, and fly into there often. My observation was the high usage of French language on R/T between French speaking pilots and French ATC, which results in a lack of situational awareness for all other aircraft on frequency, who are only proficient in the agreed language of English to be used in all communications, and the fact this resulted in several significant safety events because of it(and a mistrust of French ATC) my colleague who speaks fluent French and spends a high amount of time flying in French airspace is outstounded at the high use of French and regularly enjoys startling the ATC by speaking in French to point out they are aware they've just been made no 2 to a French carrier. A good example of an incident was An airfield vehicle was given instructions to enter a runway for inspection but in French, the controller subsequently forgot this, and moments later issued a landing clearance, the non French speaking crew were completely unaware of the vehicle on the runway which they would have likely had that instruction been given in English.

If all checklists are performed in English on board, why have we created a French voice pack?

I've listened to live cockpit chatter in different countries and lots of them talk in their mother tongue if they are both from that country. That's not a specific French thing. I think America has the worst accident rate of any country though, from memory

Not unique to French - but equally not make it right, however difference between communication on r/t and issuing of instructions, equally also if only aircraft on frequency is national.

Regarding accident rate, be careful on terms, what I quoted isn't accidents, a safety significant event/incident and an accident are completely two different things in aviation. A reduction in prescribed radar separation from say 3 miles to 2.5 is a loss of separation and reportable, it doesn't however mean a crash occurred, or that there was any higher risk they would have collided, nor does it make it an airprox. In fact you could achieve 3 miles separation and it still be a safety event, as the 3 miles could be achieved by providence rather than positive control. Walking across a busy road, blindfolded and not getting hit by a car doesn't mean it was safe to do so, and for a pilot not being able to develop a picture from the r/t communications because of mixed language on R/t is the equivelant of that blindfold.

Thank you Bryan,   I am grateful for all your ongoing work to keep this project maintained. 

Would it be possible to reduce the volume of the "ATTENTION THERE IS A NEW VERSION. ..."   so that I don't have serious risk of a heart attack next time please?  

Cheers

MIke Kear

Windsor, NSW, Australia

Thank you Bryan,   I am grateful for all your ongoing work to keep this project maintained. 

Would it be possible to reduce the volume of the "ATTENTION THERE IS A NEW VERSION. ..."   so that I don't have serious risk of a heart attack next time please?  

Cheers

MIke Kear

Windsor, NSW, Australia

On my system it sounds normal.

How loud is it on yours?

How loud are the crew voices on your system?

at mkear, on 14 Jun 2015 - 9:13 PM, said:mkear, on 14 Jun 2015 - 9:13 PM, said:,   I said: 

On my system it sounds normal.

How loud is it on yours?

How loud are the crew voices on your system?

Thanks Byork, 

I"m not sure how to describe it to you.  At our radio station we'd say it's over-recorded and very  high compression.     That's what they do for TV ads,  so they comply with regulations that ads be the same volume as the surrounding programs.   Strictly speaking they are the same volume,  but actually they sound MUCH louder.     In the case of advertisers on tv, it's deliberate.      For this instance I'm sure it's not deliberate - there'd be no reason to. 

The announcement, a woman's voice,   sounds about double the volume of the voices on my FS2Crew.    Her voice is peaking quite a bit,  meaning a bit of distortion at the loudest sounds - like the t and d sibilants, because there's more signal than the spec of the sound format can accommodate.    

If you want,  you could send me the  sound file of that announcement and I'll process it through our sound editing app and give it similar levels to the rest of the FS2Crew sounds.   

The problem is that it comes at a time when you're not expecting any sounds,  and being apparently loud, it gives a shock.  

Cheers

Mike Kear

Windsor, NSW, Australia. 

Hi Bryan,

In a future update, can you consider to add an option to memorize the position of the FS2Crew bar and windows please. At this time everytime I fly I have to move the bar and windows to my preferred location on the screen.

- TONY -

In a future update, can you consider to add an option to memorize the position of the FS2Crew bar and windows please. At this time everytime I fly I have to move the bar and windows to my preferred location on the screen.

That's not technically possible I'm afraid.

However, you can manually edit the panel.cfg file and change the window locations to your desired spot.

Hi Bryan

Thanks for the update.

I am using the US voices however the news has been spread on french forum.

One question: I logged to FS2Crew website and downloaded the full installer. The name of the file "FS2Crew PMDG 777" does not tell the version. Right click on the file > Details says: "File version 2.0.0.44

Is that 1.6 ? 

- TONY -

Hi Bryan

Thanks for the update.

I am using the US voices however the news has been spread on french forum.

One question: I logged to FS2Crew website and downloaded the full installer. The name of the file "FS2Crew PMDG 777" does not tell the version. Right click on the file > Details says: "File version 2.0.0.44

Is that 1.6 ? 

This is how you can tell:

When you run the installer, the Info page will tell you the version # (ie., 1.6).

When you open the FS2Crew Main Panel, the version number will flash on the screen.  It should say 1.6.

Cheers,

Hi Bryan,

just to clarify - in the latest update to 1.7 you mention that all users should update to it.

However, the changes specified in the update are for Prepar3d V3 only.

Since I still fly FSX box edition, do I really need this latest update?

Many thanks,

i7 8770K @ 4.7Ghz + Corsair H100i GTX  Water Cooler - 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000Mhz - NVidia RTX 2070 XC 8Gb - ACER X34 Predator IPS GSYNC 3440x1440 Monitor - ASUS ROG STRIX Z370H - 2 x Samsung SSD Pro 512Gb  - 1 x Samsung EVO 1Tb - Win 10 Pro 64  21H2 - MSFS

"All in, all the time"

Steve Summers