Sign in to follow this  
Paul12

Could a flight simmer take off with a real 737 ?

That's a horrible thing to say.

It may be, I'm sorry to say, but chucking a hanglider around on a desk top sim is totally different to the real thing. Absolutely!!

The majority of accidents in the hangliding/paragliding world are caused by inexperience and untested second  hand equipment.

I see exaggerations in pretty much the whole topic.

No one has the skill or the knowledge to face advanced situations like a real pilot, that's obvious.

But doing more simple things on a 737 like taking off in perfect weather conditions, activating the autopilot with lnav and vnav and so on, avoiding stalling the plane (which shoudn't happen anyway provided the engines works like they should, there is no malfunction and you have the right pitch) shoudn't really be so much of a big deal no?

And  the whole thing about the glider was sarcasm ofc.

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

shoudn't really be so much of a big deal no?

Which again proves that a blindfolded, trained monkey could do this, so there is no point to any of this.

It may be, I'm sorry to say, but chucking a hanglider around on a desk top sim is totally different to the real thing. Absolutely!!

The majority of accidents in the hangliding/paragliding world are caused by inexperience and untested second  hand equipment.

Umm. I think you might have missed the joke  :huh:

I have an excellent parachute for sale. Used only once and has a few red stains on it, but in perfect condition. You might need it for your paragliding. :ph34r: :P

Edited for speeling

Visit the tribe @ http://islandsim.com

Didnt we just suffer through at least 10 pages a week ago on this same subject? With pretty much the same replies?

Jay

Didnt we just suffer through at least 10 pages a week ago on this same subject? With pretty much the same replies?

No, that waas about landing it ;)

We'll probably get another thread in a few days.

Next up: Could a real 737 captain land the FSX default C172 :P

My flight instructor use to say "Even my grandma can take off a plane, but who will land it with only her at the command" and I think he is right, you can take off with little or no problems, but will you be able to land it?

From my experience "not much", I've flown and I fly only ultralights, the simulator doesn't offer any feedback from the movement of a plane. In real life you can feel the plane, even the slightest movement, and you can correct it, not in a sim!!! 

Regards, Albert Miu
                                                            CPU: Intel i7 4790k @4.6Ghz GPU: ASUS GTX 1080 8GB OC Motherboard: Asus MAXIMUS VI Hero RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB 1866mhz 
                                               PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 850W G2 Case: Corsair VENGEANCE C70 Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H110 Monitor: BENQ 1920x1080 Windows: 10 x64 Professional

X-Plane 11 Group:     Facebook

My flight instructor use to say "Even my grandma can take off a plane, but who will land it with only her at the command"... :lol: :lol:

.... and here are more Greatest Lies in Aviation:

----------------------------------

I’m from the FAA and I’m here to help you.

Me? I’ve never busted minimums.

Pardon me, ma’am, I seem to have lost my jet keys.

I have no interest in flying for the airlines.

I fixed it right the first time, it must have failed for other reasons.

All that turbulence spoiled my landing.

I only need glasses for reading.

I broke out right at minimums.

Don’t worry about the weight and balance — it’ll fly.

If we get a little lower I think we’ll see the lights.

I’d love to have a woman co-pilot.

All you have to do is follow the book.

This plane outperforms the book by 20 percent.

We in aviation are overpaid, under worked and well respected.

I have 5000 hours total time, 3200 are actual instrument.

Sure I can fly it — it has wings, doesn’t it?

We’ll be home by lunchtime.

I’m always glad to see the FAA.

It just came out of annual — how could anything be wrong?

I thought YOU took care of that.

I’m SURE the gear was down.

I’ve got the field in sight.

I’ve got the traffic in sight.

Of course I know where we are.

Edited for speeling

Visit the tribe @ http://islandsim.com

Did you all now that with GEICO, you could save 15% or more on car insurance?

Everyone knows that but did you know that certain cartoon characters shouldn't be given energy drinks?