Sign in to follow this  
airlinejets

A2A Cessna 182 released!

I am always a sucker for a new 182 since I have a few hours real life flying in it many years ago. If you enjoy GA flying then I do believe that the A2A Cessna 182 with the GTN 750 really takes the experience to a whole new level. It is a bit on the pricey side but I think it is worth the price in every way. I have been in the hobby for a very long time and I can not remember any other release that seems to have included everything you could want. My hat is off to A2A for a job well done. Their dedication and attention to detail is to be commended. There are very few  developers who even approach their level of Professionalism. :Star: :Star: :Star: :Star: :Star:

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

For anyone using the flight 1 gtn750 are u having issues with the screen brightness in the vc? It is so bright and washed out it is unreadable. The 2nd panel looks good though.

This is a mixture of comparing it to a flat not lit 2D panel (Glass gauges still suffer from glare in sim and real world, more so with the advanced lighting in P3D) and an update Flight1 are thinking about; http://www.simforums.com/forums/vc-display-too-bright_topic49928.html

thanks,

Lewis

Lewis - A2A Simulations

Regarding hardware controls, it seems that a lot of the switches are tied to default controls - lights, pitot heat, mag switch, etc.  The only thing I had to map separately was the master switches.  I used Linda for that, quite successfully.  For some reason, I couldn't get the A2A configuration tool to set up shortcuts that worked 100% of the time.

Regarding the AP, there are entries in the configuration tool for most of the AP stuff.  I haven't had time yet to play extensively with it, but it's also worth noting that on my FSUIPC profile I 'borrowed' from another plane to quickly test this one, that I had an AP button set up using default AP commands through FSUIPC on my x55 (my yoke is currently uninstalled since I've been flying non-yoke planes exclusively as of late).  The  button still worked to turn on and off the AP; turning it on placed the AP in ROL mode by default.

(edit: small disclaimer in that I'm flying this in FSX.  I have no idea if Linda works in P3D)

Thanks for that info and how about HDG ALT ands VS, are these linked to default and can be set via external hardware?

ZORAN

Hmmm.. I think they look really good personally, plus they are fully dimmable unlike virtually every other GA aircraft for FSX. Screenshot courtesy of Tim-HH:

I guess we disagree.  I don't know real world 182C but real world 172 they aren't brownish when lite up (you can see the brown in your picture which is what I see in P3D version also) ... you can also see the texture compression showing up when lights are turned on ... both dash gray and gauge.

Cheers, Rob.

you can also see the texture compression showing up when lights are turned on ... both dash gray and gauge.

And thats really my only pet peeve with not just the 182, but also their 172 and Chrokee. Also the edges of the 182's gauges aren't a smooth circle like Realair or Carenado's later AC and this bugs me too...ok make that two pet peeves.

Chris Strobel KSNA

original.jpg

Thanks for that info and how about HDG ALT ands VS, are these linked to default and can be set via external hardware?

To be honest, since A2A went to the trouble of providing the options on the input configurator, I don't think one should mess with the default commands much.  The one that I had reported working which I had setup though FSUIPC, it occurred to me after, was actually programmed on my hardware to engage HDG and V/S modes.  The fact that it put the A2A AP into ROL mode means that you likely need to use their configurator, or a program like Linda to trigger the proper LVars.

I was going to mention that although there are a lot of similarities on the surface between this new release and their 172, it really is a completely different plane.  It handles quite a bit different, the extra power is very apparent, and the bit of added complexity in having a prop to manage brings more to the table.  For anyone considering passing this up due to a lack of desire to replicate their 172, you may be missing out.  So far, out of the three (172, Cherokee, 182), this new release is my favorite.

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

Thanks Jim thats enough info for me to pull the trigger :-)

ZORAN

My point is that the C182 is such a small incremental change from the C172 that it just isn't really worth spending the money on.

It just looks like it is "a small incremental change from the C172". But it feels, and handles very different.

I am having lots of fun landing this on short bush strips. Now, I understand why C182 is chosen for such flights. It has great power reserve, you can quickly make go around almost at any point.

It feels completely different on approaches than A2A C172. I can do proper flare, and just before touchdown it swings a little.

It is almost like you can feel it moves through the air.

Lukasz

Lukasz Kulasek

i7-8700k, RTX 2080 TI, 32 GB RAM, ASUS TUF Z370-PRO Gaming, Oculus Rift CV1

This looks SICK! I feel kinda taken aback; I really didn't pay much attention to A2A's Cessna aircraft until last week- I have invested heavily in a bunch of Carenado aircraft (don't get me wrong they aren't bad, just not nearly to the level of A2A).

Will pick this up soon! Good work A2A!

So swaping between this 182 and the Cherokee at KHQM in P3D I notice it is heavier on the frame rates. Anyone else notice?

Otherwise I am impressed all to heck.

Charles.

I am always a sucker for a new 182 since I have a few hours real life flying in it many years ago. If you enjoy GA flying then I do believe that the A2A Cessna 182 with the GTN 750 really takes the experience to a whole new level. It is a bit on the pricey side but I think it is worth the price in every way. I have been in the hobby for a very long time and I can not remember any other release that seems to have included everything you could want. My hat is off to A2A for a job well done. Their dedication and attention to detail is to be commended. There are very few  developers who even approach their level of Professionalism. :Star: :Star: :Star: :Star: :Star:

Aside from my frame rate comment above, I agree 100%.

Three comments:

1/ It is very impressive. A2A ruined other add-on developers for me. I expect this level of simulation from all aircraft now :-)

2/ It is very heavy on my framerates. Heavier than the Piper fx.

3/ The Heading Indicator knob is broken? Confirm? It turns the entire kompas disc and not just the heading bug.

3/ The Heading Indicator knob is broken? Confirm? It turns the entire kompas disc and not just the heading bug.

It definitely doesn't do that on my end. Are you using the mouse to move the heading bug or some type of hardware control?

Is there any real difference in the A2A C172 professional versus academic version other than the price?  I have P3D 2.4 professional and really don't see any difference other than the license level of P3D.

Members

833 posts

Joined 5 Years and 6 Days Ago.

Posted Today, 11:20 AM

So swaping between this 182 and the Cherokee at KHQM in P3D I notice it is heavier on the frame rates. Anyone else notice?

Otherwise I am impressed all to heck.

Charles.

Comparing Cherokee and 182, 182 is a little heavier FPS, but is running fine on an old Phenom II X6 2.8GHz with ATI 6950 2GB.

My flights are usually not long, hardly takes more than 1 hour,  with 182 initial flight lasted almost 1.8 hours, I'm pleased, worth every penny paid!

João Alfredo

It is impossible to please Greeks and Trojans

É impossivel agradar Gregos e Troianos

hello i got this beauty... worth every cent... great job A2A

now can anyone design livery fot it please ? nothing real hard 

http://library.avsim.net/sendfile.php?Location=AVSIM&Proto=file&ImageID=40332844

open this link.. this livery is already present i found it on net.. i need exact same design same color only two changes
1.different registration number AP-BCS
2.and a flag of Pakistan on the tail like this https://c2.staticflickr.com/8/7048/6786599480_e7fb360c4c_z.jpg

can anyone do that.. i will really appreciate that
and if he can do it for cessna 172 as well.. trust me u will make me jumping from happiness
u can contact me on ahmedarif0404@gmail.com