airlinejets

A2A Cessna 182 released!

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Yea baby! 

TO use the words of J.Geil's Band:

"Oh no, I can't deny it

Oh yeah, I guess I gotta buy it!"

My first thought when the announcement came in, earlier this week was: Again a C182? More of the same...(We got so many of those, and similar, already...) And at first I wasnt really excited about it, but as the week passed and I kept thinking about it and played the introduction video a couple of times, I couldnt wait for it's actual release.

I already had the P-51D Mustang and the Cherokee, so I'm no stranger to A2A's Accusim system and I love it! And since I wanted an aircraft with a little more HP than the Cherokee, I wanted to get the C182 a.s.a.p.

Just finished my first short flight and I can say only one thing: WOW!!! :P

It's a real beauty, awesome detailing on the graphics and it flies like a dream! Well done A2A! :D

Im very happy with my new purchase and I think I'm gonna do some bush-flying this week. ;)

Try to avoid buying P3D version on simmarket now. There is some problem with download links... I hope they will fix this during the weekend!

I was excited about this and now I need to wait :(. I feel like I just want to get drunk and go sleep now.

:Yawn:  Why on earth did they not model the RG version? Just to close to the C172 to be bothered with.

:Yawn:  Why on earth did they not model the RG version? Just to close to the C172 to be bothered with.

Yeah, thinking the same thing, a C210T would have been nice. But I'm sure it's a great plane like all of A2A's planes are.

here is some problem with download links... I hope they will fix this during the weekend!

No issue downloading the P3D professional version here.

Cheers, Rob.

Try to avoid buying P3D version on simmarket now. There is some problem with download links... I hope they will fix this during the weekend!

I was excited about this and now I need to wait :(. I feel like I just want to get drunk and go sleep now.

Did you try using FlashGet?

Did you try using FlashGet?

Yes, I am using it. But the problem is I have no servers visible in the list, so I don't even have any link to download from.

I don't know if this affects only me, or it is a global problem (I use Academic license, so the other one than Rob's here).

I got reply from simmarket support (wow, very fast and on Friday's night!), that they are working on it, so it should be fixed soon.

See you in the skies then  :lol:  .

I don't have the 172 so I can understand you might see this as being a close relative. I have the Piper (P3D) though.  I bought this as soon as it was available this morning and after only a few flights, I'm enjoying it immensely. After only 2 touch and goes, I was able to nail the landings just as the stall warning sounded. This is by far the best light GA aircraft I have come across, regardless of platform.

This will be an exceptional trainer for me.

Can the autopilot be manipulated by any of the Generic AP Hardware out there? eg I have the VRinsight Mpanel that can handle FSX default aircraft. I would much rather prefer to use it than a mouse

Yeah, thinking the same thing, a C210T would have been nice. But I'm sure it's a great plane like all of A2A's planes are.

+1

It looks really, really well done.  RW, a 182 is a ton more fun to fly than a 172.  I'm truly hoping they create an RG to go with it.

This is a great aircraft ... sadly I seem to have forgotten how to take off and land.  

Better practice with this gem.

My first and very quick hop in and go flight from KCCR to KHWD ... 

Cheers, Rob.

It's not "$62 US" different from their 172 to make me pull the trigger. There are too many other products that might show up soon on which I'd rather spend my money (PMDG 777 for P3d, TacPack for P3d and FTX Global LC North America as some examples). For folks who don't already have the A2A 172, the Skylane is a more versatile aircraft and probably a better choice.

But have fun and I'll wait for a sale.

OMG the sound! 

I think I got whiplash following the landing  :lol:

Thanks for the video.  Thank goodnes orbx nca low fps isn't just me.

Assuming that one had the C172, Cherokee and the 182 in the hanger. Which do you go for? The 182 kind of makes the other 2 obsolete in the sense that it can do what the others do with more power and wont need excessive landing distance either.

I wonder if A2A chose the 182 because they could copy some of the 172 code/systems ? Thats just a guess as I really wouldn't know

It's not really a problem per se, at least not with the A2A 182. They just designed it with default FSX control mappings in mind (with the acceleration factored in,) not FSUIPC assignments which have no acceleration.

Still of course it's a useful video for those who use FSUIPC (totally excluding all FSX control assignments), just didn't it want it to sound like a bug or glitch from A2A's end :)

It's a great aircraft by the way. I love the engine sounds a lot. Who doesn't love that brrraawwwww when fiddling with the prop control! :D

Thank goodnes orbx nca low fps isn't just me.

I thought the FPS was pretty good considering the settings ... I've managed to get it up to 20-30 fps range vs. 10-16 fps I had prior ... on key element was to disable FSDT KSFO ... sadly massive VAS hit and 50% FPS drop when it's active.  Can't wait for KSFO 2 to get released ... hopefully it's more P3D friendly and no ASM.

I love this 182, it's a challenge.

Cheers, Rob.