Sign in to follow this  
CordoganAir

Prepar3D x64 Confirmed! (Sort of)

My bad you are correct 64 bit is faster. I meant to say that 32 bit was slower but somewhere between brain and hands I typed it wrong :P

Ah yeah, 32 bit under a 64 bit environment will actually be a tad slower. But I don't think it is noticeable. Then again you will have the full 32 bit address space available under the 64 bit environment.

64 bit all the way baby!  :smile:

Which simply reinforces the FSX/P3D mantra - each system is different so try it and see!

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

WarpD you understand very well the spirit and intent of this thread whether or not Saul is on their payroll or not doesn't really even matter the fact is he's at least closer to the inside than you or I are and that if he said something out of line on their boards he would be dismissed. X-Plane having an OOM is completely irrelevant as it is a completely different program. That's like telling me AutoCAD crashes a lot so I'm going to have problems with Revit. But you just can't help getting out your hair splitting machine and taking your curmudgeon pills... I wouldn't expect less from you.

Your reading comprehension skills are severely lacking sir. First, the post about Saul simply points out that he is not an official spokesperson in that he does not state what is and isn't coming from Lockheed-Martin. Lockheed-Martin already has a person that does that and it isn't Saul. L-M had already stated that 64bit was on the list of development long before Saul was given moderator rights.

As for the X-Plane comment... that wasn't even to you it was to Rob regarding his post that OOM in 64bit would be very, very hard to accomplish. X-Plane managed rather quickly, actually.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Your reading comprehension skills are severely lacking sir. First, the post about Saul simply points out that he is not an official spokesperson in that he does not state what is and isn't coming from Lockheed-Martin. Lockheed-Martin already has a person that does that and it isn't Saul. L-M had already stated that 64bit was on the list of development long before Saul was given moderator rights.

As for the X-Plane comment... that wasn't even to you it was to Rob regarding his post that OOM in 64bit would be very, very hard to accomplish. X-Plane managed rather quickly, actually.

Comprehend this:

I never said that Saul is an official spokesperson I simply stated that he is a forum moderator that's it I the rest is left to the reader to infer what they wish. I know that the other part of your post was directed towards Rob and I was pointing out the fact that you constantly split hairs on these boards and nitpic and in fact my you are a perfect example of the classic whiny flightsimmer I was referring to in my original post. Your comments to Rob were further testament to that.

Saul the moderator over at P3D forums has confirmed that LM are currently working on the x64 version of P3D and although they will give no roadmap or schedule it's exciting to know that it is sort of officially in the works.

Are  your memory skills also lacking?

Are your memory skills also lacking?

Have you failed to notice or dare I say remember that both the title of this thread and that very statement you quoted both have SORT OF included in them. Reading is good for your mind.

Back on track, there are a number of threads over on the Steam forums about X-Plane (64-bit) using the full (at least Win 7 up to home premium) 16Gb and experiencing OOMs.  I assume that companies like PMDG who are used to having to work within a 4Gb VAS limit are more efficient at getting every last byte.  I expect that when P3D goes 64-bit we will see OOMs as companies no longer bother with the extreme level of optimisation required at the moment.

Ian R Tyldesley

Saul is actually just another customer that was selected to be a moderator of their forums. To my knowledge he is not nor has he been an employee of Lockheed-Martin.

I've already seen a post in the X-Plane forum here that someone got an OOM in the 64-bit version of X-Plane... so... :wink:

Memory leak, some soft of issue with a a add-on?  do we even know this really happened?  

Mike Avallone

9900k@5.0,Corsair H115i cooler,ASUS 2080TI,GSkill 32GB pc3600 ram, 2 WD black NVME ssd drives, ASUS maximus hero MB

That code was removed some time ago by LM.

Cheers, Rob.

I was fixing to write the same thing. Wes and Beau have both mentioned this some many months ago.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I was fixing to write the same thing. Wes and Beau have both mentioned this some many months ago.

I wasn't aware of this, the last I heard was they were still working on it. Do you have a link to the post?

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

You guys had better be careful what you wish for. If 64 Bit version is released then we can not any longer have red or blue colors in the sim. Oh never mind. The guys over at x-plane told me that the next release for P3D was going to be in grey scale only. Guess they we pulling my leg!! :p0805: :p0503:

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

As for the X-Plane comment... that wasn't even to you it was to Rob regarding his post that OOM in 64bit would be very, very hard to accomplish. X-Plane managed rather quickly, actually

You'll need to provide a specific link ... I use XP10 also and have never encountered an OOM.  The OOM threads I've see with XP10.3 were all end user issues:

1.  Not enough system physical RAM

2.  Trying to use a 32bit add-on (or incompatible) in the 64bit product

3.  Setting up a Tiny OS page file (not sure why anyone would do that)

Coding inefficiency isn't going to consume an extra 1GB of RAM, let alone all your system physical RAM -- that just never happens even with "sloppy" coding, one could be the worse coder in the world and not approach even just 1GB extra RAM usage over an efficient coder.

XP10.3 can use up a lot of RAM and one's FPS will be <5 long before XP10.3 would consume my 32GB RAM ... but I would MUCH rather have an FPS problem than a VAS problem of 4GB.  I can solve FPS problems in time with hardware, 4GB I can't do anything about ... so one path is "no choice" the other is "a choice".  I'll vote for having a choice every time.

Cheers, Rob.