Sign in to follow this  
MarioDonick

Antares 20E electric motor glider

Aerobask are working for a while on their new project, an Antares 20E motor glider with retractable propeller:

http://aerobask.com/antares/antares-xplane.php

Here are some information about the real aircraft:

http://www.lange-aviation.com/htm/english/products/antares_20e/antares_20E.html

http://blog.cafefoundation.org/richard-van-grunsvens-antares-20e/

Mario Donick .:. vFlyteAir

Looks great!

My dream glider IRL.

Enjoyed a lot flying the model in Silent Wings.

Thx Mario

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Great!!! Thanks for the info. My credit card is jumping up and down in my wallet, waiting for this bird <_<.

Especially this picture brings back a lot of memories :p0504: .

My sceneries (excerpt): LPMA Madeira, LGSR Santorini, the city of Fürth (Germany), ...

Looks very nice. Thanks for the link.

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

Looks great!

My dream glider IRL.

I've never been that interested in gliders until recently when I visited an airfield dedicated to gliding and it looked like seriously good fun. I noticed people are very passionate about it, and this does look a seriously nice piece of kit (In real-life), especially for those airfields that charge you loads for the use of a winch or tow.

The problem is that an Antares costs a fortune. Even a 2nd hand DG-800 is a very expensive :-(

Pipistrel are offering alternatives, like this Taurus Electric

BTW: I'm going to be a whole week, next week, in Germany, at Lagen, Hessen... Anyone knows about good airfield with glider activity to visit around ?

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

BTW: I'm going to be a whole week, next week, in Germany, at Lagen, Hessen... Anyone knows about good airfield with glider activity to visit around ?

Do you mean Langen, which is very close to EDDF/Frankfurt?

A very famous airfield with (but not only) glider activity is the Wasserkuppe/EDER. But with the current weather, I doubt that there will be any glider activity there ...

My sceneries (excerpt): LPMA Madeira, LGSR Santorini, the city of Fürth (Germany), ...

Wow, That's great! I will pick it up and it motivates me to reinstall XPX which is on my to do list. But, its an odd choice for a sailplane. Something like an AWS27 or 28 might have had a far broader appeal to glider pilots! Aerosoft got it right with DiscusX for broad appeal and I don't think they even that well out of that. Hope it doesn't turn out to be a PMDG MD11 for them. I mean from a money making stand point. But I will buy it. :BigGrin:

Here you can find a map and some more links:

http://www.hessischer-luftsportbund.de/

Thank you very much Marcus!

Main Simulation Rig:

The Antares should be available soon. Here is a preview Let's Play I did yesterday (video language is German and some kind of English):

Mario Donick .:. vFlyteAir

Looks very nice :)

Main Simulation Rig: