Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

Having a blast this afternoon in British Colombia, and Alaska...

I have the entire suite of sceneries object libraries and flight plans.  Worst thing for me was that I had downloaded the entire suite and an the hard drive I had it saved on died on me and so I had to do it all again.

Absolutely great fun to add some rough weather and try complete the flight plans.

I am also working to enhance the sceneries.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

I have the entire suite of sceneries object libraries and flight plans.  Worst thing for me was that I had downloaded the entire suite and an the hard drive I had it saved on died on me and so I had to do it all again.

Absolutely great fun to add some rough weather and try complete the flight plans.

I am also working to enhance the sceneries.

Right behind you!  This stuff is great...and I really like Halibut Cove....flying across the channel, to the boat marina...very immersive, to say the least!  

There's hours, to days of immersion, here

+1

If you like low and slow, and aren't scared of the water, it's the perfect world for amphibs. Strap on the Bird Dog, Super Cub, Scout or Beaver and go explore!

+1

If you like low and slow, and aren't scared of the water, it's the perfect world for amphibs. Strap on the Bird Dog, Super Cub, Scout or Beaver and go explore!

You bet...and for anybody else, that shrugs, and passes this site by.....well....sucks to be them... :unsure:

Well...I finally got all of Return To Misty Moorings loaded and locked down. I have installed all the object libraries that are required, to max out the scenery potential (four of them)...and I must say that I am WAY impressed with what it does to bring to life PNW, Pacific Fiords , SAK, and populates many, many settlements, fishing camps, hunting camps, bed and breakfasts, full-blown resorts...and WOW...with over 5 GB's of objects lib's...you can only imagine the depth of the scenery.

This entire project is highly recommended.  It takes a little work to place all objects, scripts, A.I. planes and boats, but OMG...is it worth the time invested.  Way...worth the time invested.  Thank you SO MUCH, to all the fabulous contributors to make the Misty Moorings page, downloads, everything....THANK YOU, THANK YOU, and THANK YOU yet again.  Now..going back to the paused take-off over a most beautiful lake in the North....   Misty Mooring Crew....did I mention a hearty "Thank you!".....   :rolleyes:

Post Edit:

If you decide to invest the time required for total installation....the first thing you should do...is take a float plane out of the dock area at Misty's Place....what a hoot, negotiating the narrows with the fabulous navigation lights to mark the way out towards the ocean, proper.  Man...this is going to be a blast......and the detail....totally commercial in quality.  WOW!  After you take off...go and do a touch and go at Ketchikan....Misty's Place looks like probably 20 miles out from Ketch....

Got out of my plane...and boarded my run-about, for some touring of the area....near Halibut Cove.  Ended up here, at a public marina, across the bay from the cove....

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/lf1

I took the time to work through the entire NOTAM Scenery listing, Downloading and labeling with full titles, as some are updated for P3D so that I had the most recent.  Of course you have to d/l the scenery objects, AI boat traffic, flight plans and maps as well.  It takes some work.  And then you have to install each set of scenery which WILL take some time.

I personally created a Misty Moorings Scenery Group under Addon Scenery.  Then I individually installed each scenery into its own folder within the Misty Moorings Group, this allowing me to turn on and off each one if I so choose.  I dumped all the flightplans in the general folder for all flight plans (they are specially labelled so that you can find them in the list easily.  But I did make a separate folder for all the flight plan maps so that I could easily find and pull up those maps onto my second monitor.

Given how long and how much effort is required to d/l and install the literally hundred plus of sceneries all this work I was thinking that it might be useful to compile all these scenery's into one or several large torrents similar to NL2000 so that it makes it easier to d/l and install.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

Given how long and how much effort is required to d/l and install the literally hundred plus of sceneries

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Bryan,  yep, it takes some time...and I did it all...the scripts, the A.I. planes and boats, loaded all the FPN's to the FSX Document (man,,..this step is important, so you can FIND all the hide-aways!!!!!) and all the scenery offerings. I put them inside the ADDON Scenery folder, under Misty Moorings, for tidiness.   Bryan...I guess that I am preaching to the choir...to say that it is soooooooooo worth the effort and time to get the entire 'grand package' installed, up, and running.  I am having a blast now, flying all around PNW, SAK, etc....with places to explore and land (water and land) out of PAKT.   I like that Misty's Place is just a skip and jump out of PAKT, and the buoys and lighting system guiding you through the narrow channels to the bar and grill is quite the challenge with prop thrust and water-rudders.   As you can see...total grand immersion, and what a blast.  What a blast!

Misty Mooring Mitch

And, don't forget to hit the Donate button on the home page. These guys are doing a terrific job and unless we help out it's all coming out of their pockets. Put together everything they offer and if it were payware no one could afford it. Great stuff.....

Doug 

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

Bryan,

Please do NOT make any Torrent file and distribute any of the RTMM scenery, files etc. into any collection archive. You do NOT have permission to do that!! It would be very unpopular with the staff at RTMM of which I am #2 in line. We have a specific rule concerning this for our users and it's "Take your time". We have created several all in one packages that will combine several scenery locations into one convenient download. Look for our "Legacy" collection for beginners.

You have been alerted,

Thank you for your cooperation,

Brad Allen

You guys have to fly around Squamish / Whistler area.

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

RTMM is great indeed. If you don't want to get lost in such a vast area with hundreds of scenic locations, you can always try my KMZ file specifically made for RTMM (under Here 2 There page) or dowload the recently updated version from my Dropbox permalink (updated on each scenery release).

Hope it helps!

Regards,

Victor Quebec