Sign in to follow this  

Any news on P3D V2.5?

Good question, there is a lot of silence around V2.5 at this moment.
Also the forums of LM are very quiet, no reply's from the development team since a long time.

It does seem to have hit a dead end, there are many things to fix in 2.4.

I cannot believe their commercial customers are happy with its current state, I am actually beginning to think 2.3 was the better version.

Also the forums of LM are very quiet, no reply's from the development team since a long time.

If you don't want to believe what I've said in this thread, that's fine ... but please do NOT spread mis-information.

Beau just recently responded to a thread here (1/13/15): http://www.prepar3d.com/forum-5/topic/effect-size-change-issue/page/2/

Because as you can see in this thread, folks start to make decisions based on bad information and/or speculate the end of LM or P3D is no more, etc. etc. etc. ... which doesn't help anyone.

I know the internet is full of mis-information, some intentional some not, but lets NOT continue the trend here.

Cheers, Rob.

It does seem to have hit a dead end, there are many things to fix in 2.4.

I cannot believe their commercial customers are happy with its current state, I am actually beginning to think 2.3 was the better version.

Well Glynn, I guess its true. "You can not fool all the people all the time". I heard that the F-35 Pilots from the AF, Navy, and Marines have all decided to drop out of training because of the F-35 P3D training program. They just could not deal with the rotating clouds. They just flat will not fly using the current frame rates and plain ###### poor ATC and don't forget the poor looking graphics on the tail of the " Nobody Air" AI taxing all over the place. You are right sir. It's a Dead end. :help: :p0310: :t0105:

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

If you don't want to believe what I've said in this thread, that's fine ... but please do NOT spread mis-information.

Beau just recently responded to a thread here (1/13/15): http://www.prepar3d.com/forum-5/topic/effect-size-change-issue/page/2/

Because as you can see in this thread, folks start to make decisions based on bad information and/or speculate the end of LM or P3D is no more, etc. etc. etc. ... which doesn't help anyone.

I know the internet is full of mis-information, some intentional some not, but lets NOT continue the trend here.

Cheers, Rob.

Wow, what a reaction Rob! I did not say that I didn't believe you. I was only sharing some personal observations.

As an example there are a lot of topics on the LM forums regarding the texture blurries in V2.4. There is no official statement or reply from the members of LM in these threads.

So please don't see this as an personal attack, I'm also a big fan of P3D but I am also realistic.

Well... I'm thrilled with LM. Every time I boot into P3d I get a thrill. Bugs are bugs..... But hey, that's progress for you...rarely perfect.

Anyone remember how often the MS devs would chime in and give us info on their updates and patches...[insert crickets chirping]

BTW, the LM devs do tend to be pretty hush-hush on what they're up to, but what do you expect given who they are... :ph34r:! That said, it was nice in the 2.1 / 2.2 days back when they published a fix / changelog of the things they were working on for the next release.

I did not say that I didn't believe you.

I indicated the status and plan for v2.5 earlier in this thread ... there are many threads on LM's forums where the LM crew have responded.  If LM have not responded to a thread you have interest in, doesn't justify this comment:

Perhaps you need to chose your wording more accurately ... such as "they haven't responded to a few threads about blurries" ...  your statement was rather sweeping in nature and not accurate.

But to be clear, LM are under NO obligation to respond ... there is NOTHING in our EULA or purchase agreement that suggests LM are under any obligation to respond within a specified period of time (to end users or 3rd party).  With that said, LM have provided a generous amount of insight and time into keeping the user community informed ... they have gone way above and beyond in this regard.  So yes, I do take issue when someone suggests LM aren't responding. 

As far as solutions to blurries, those have been discussed repeatedly since v2.0 (same discussions for the most part as in FSX blurries).  I'd recommend you do a search and I think you'll find your solutions, something LM doesn't need to be involved in and is why AVSIM and LM forums exist to allow end users to research solutions.

Cheers, Rob.

EDIT: Definitely don't consider this a personal attack -- all good -- the only personal attack that might cause a significant reaction in me is if you say you can beat me in an auto race at track of my choice -- then I say, bring it on mate!  :)

kia Ora Rob,

I was just thinking, is it worth doing a full clean reinstall of 2.4 or should i just wait until 2.5? Had my first ntd.dll crash yesterday after flying for an hour... weird! So thought maybe a clean up would help... but as you know... a lot of time used up!  What do you think mate?

Cheers

Doug

i9 13900KF @ 5.5Ghz | MoBo MSI PRO Z690-A WiFi | Corsair Vengeance Black RGB RS 64gb DDR4 3200MHz | PNY RTX 4090 XLR Gaming Verto EPIC-X RGB TF | MP33 Pro 1TB M.2-2280 NVME SSD for OS | Samsung 870 QVO 2.5" 4TB SSD SATA2 | Corsair RM1000X 2021 1000W 80 Plus Gold PSU | Antec Dark Fleet DF700 Flux Gaming Case | Win 11 home | LG 48" C2 OLED 4K TV | G512 Keyboard | Razer Basilisk V2 Mouse | TCA Throttle, Sidestick and addons, peddles, TM1600 Hotas | TrackIR 5 | Tobii Eye Tracker | HP Reverb G2 HMD

Doug 

As an example there are a lot of topics on the LM forums regarding the texture blurries in V2.4. There is no official statement or reply from the members of LM in these threads.

That's because (for probably the hundredth time that this has been mention on AVSim), the "blurries" are a feature introduced by design to MSFS when ACES was still in business at MS. It allows one to keep flying, even though one's IQ settings are too demanding for one's hardware. The reason that the scenery appears blurry is that P3d and FSX are only loading low resolution ground textures in an attempt to preserve the appearance of the vertical cockpit and maintain control of the aircraft.

I was just thinking, is it worth doing a full clean reinstall of 2.4 or should i just wait until 2.5?

I haven't experienced an ntd.dll crash so my hunch is if you're getting them in 2.4 you'll probably get them in 2.5 ... so I'd resolve your ntd.dll crash first before proceeding to 2.5.  

If you are concerned it's a 3rd party issue and not a hardware issue then you can validate that by wiping and doing a clean 2.4 install and with some duration testing to see if the error recurs.  But my hunch is ntd.dll crash is NOT 3rd party related.

With what little information provided I would "guess" in order:

1.  Overclock issue

2.  Runtime components issues (wrong version of C++ runtime or some mismatch in runtime components)

3.  registry corruption

4.  Anything else that operates on low level OS calls

Cheers, Rob.

With what little information provided I would "guess" in order:

1. Overclock issue

2. Runtime components issues (wrong version of C++ runtime or some mismatch in runtime components)

3. registry corruption

4. Anything else that operates on low level OS calls

Haha!

I think you nailed it there mate! I overclock to 4.6ghz... tipping that may be the issue eh! Coupled with the hot weather (28 - 29c here) we are having may have made the PC spit the dummy

Thanks mate, will see what i can do!

DOug

i9 13900KF @ 5.5Ghz | MoBo MSI PRO Z690-A WiFi | Corsair Vengeance Black RGB RS 64gb DDR4 3200MHz | PNY RTX 4090 XLR Gaming Verto EPIC-X RGB TF | MP33 Pro 1TB M.2-2280 NVME SSD for OS | Samsung 870 QVO 2.5" 4TB SSD SATA2 | Corsair RM1000X 2021 1000W 80 Plus Gold PSU | Antec Dark Fleet DF700 Flux Gaming Case | Win 11 home | LG 48" C2 OLED 4K TV | G512 Keyboard | Razer Basilisk V2 Mouse | TCA Throttle, Sidestick and addons, peddles, TM1600 Hotas | TrackIR 5 | Tobii Eye Tracker | HP Reverb G2 HMD

Doug 

If you're on the OC edge, I'd suggest pumping up voltage a little (not a lot) and/or adjust RAM timing/voltage ... in my case (yea old 3960X) most of my OC work was getting the RAM to be stable.

Cheers, Rob.

But to be clear, LM are under NO obligation to respond ... there is NOTHING in our EULA or purchase agreement that suggests LM are under any obligation to respond within a specified period of time (to end users or 3rd party).

I'm sure it would be uncommon to specify responsiveness in any detail in something like a EULA for any project like P3D.  If you recall prior to 2.0 release & shortly thereafter there was a lot of information coming in very regularly about all sorts of topics.   As new versions were released, less and less comment is to be found coming from LM, specifically Beau & Wes.   So regardless of 'obligations' it is plain to see keeping the user base up w/ more detail about time frames for addressing various remaining & significant issues has changed from what was the case in earlier releases, and moreover, is something users would definitely appreciate.   They have a captive audience however, aren't obligated, and they skate to some degree on their laurels as it were.   They are also fundamentally different from a standalone company like LR, and so they don't waste a whole lot of time in any marketing to folks like ourselves--and this translates to this user base as seemingly aloof.  Simply compare 3rd party dev sites and the degree of responsiveness for those folks, over LM.  No contest in terms of 'customer support.'

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

Good question, there is a lot of silence around V2.5 at this moment.

One could actually take that to mean that they're busy and don't have time to shoot the poo with folks in the forums...

kia Ora Rob,

I was just thinking, is it worth doing a full clean reinstall of 2.4 or should i just wait until 2.5? Had my first ntd.dll crash yesterday after flying for an hour... weird! So thought maybe a clean up would help... but as you know... a lot of time used up!  What do you think mate?

Cheers

Doug

ntdll.dll, from my experience, is indeed an overclock issue as Rob suggests but, more specifically, a memory issue. Do you have your memory overclocked, i.e. timings or frequency? If so, I would check there and either back off some of the settings or check your VTT voltage. I used to--and other folks still--think that just because FSX/P3D are so heavy on core 0 that you can get away with overclocks that would otherwise fail in Prime95 testing. However, the thing that Prime95--and custom Prime95 tests--does is run your memory through the ringer too. I've caught more memory overclock issues through Prime95 than memtest ever could.

For example, I'm currently totally stable at 4.7Ghz (3770k) with 8gbs of RAM @ 2200Mhz and 9-11-11-31-2 timings. Believe me, I'm sure I could run P3D for hours at 4.9Ghz/2400Mhz and never have an issue but, then again, the marginal performance increase isn't worth the utter devastation that any CTD is...