Sign in to follow this  
Jonahbird

VoxATC UK

I am now using Vox ATC version 6.  Do I still need to install VoxATC UK?

Regards

Frank Jones

Thanks Dave,

I asked because of some wording on the VoxATC webpage re version 6.  I'm not usually that confused.  Must be my age!

Frank 

Regards

Frank Jones

Frank,

Where did you find the info on the UK software?

I did not see it on their website.

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Sorry - it was on RC Simulations website.  I bought my original VoxATC software from them.

Confusion reigns!!!   Just wait till you're my age!

Frank

Regards

Frank Jones

voxatc UK changes the phraseology used so it is consistent with CAP413, the UK CAA radiotelephony manual. It is additional to the download version on the website AFAIK. I got mine on DVD. For install, I installed the base version, then installed the UK specific version on top straight afterwards, no apparent problems.

the only real problem is that with some airports EGGP Liverpool for example, the airspace classification goes wrong and voxatc fails to recognise a control zone, leading to hand off straight from tower with no approach control when flying VFR. I did email the developer Tegwyn about it nearly 2 yrs ago and he acknowledged the problem but it hasnt been addressed yet :(

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

Im not certain how its marketed because I just bought one UK DVD product which contains the normal voxatc and the UK expansion...

when I reinstalled it for P3D recently I just downloaded the new version on the website and installed the UK expansion afterwards. my original licence code worked fine.

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

xaP1VAU.png

"leading to hand off straight from tower with no approach control when flying VFR."

What does this mean? I assume it is a departure? I thought departure would clear you out of the control area/zone?

Normally IFR it is, tower to departure or approach to tower.

I wonder if UK is even available for the current VOXatc version?

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

The problem: "I usually fly VFR from EGGP Liverpool, and what I'm used to is being handed off from Liverpool tower to Liverpool approach when departing the CTZ until I have passed the appropriate VRP. Vox asks me to change to en-route frequency straight from tower, missing out Liverpool approach? When returning to Liverpool, the reverse is true, in that rl I contact Liverpool approach who direct the entry to the zone via VRP and then hand off to tower when field in sight, whereas Vox instructs me to do an overhead join with comms going straight to tower!"

Developer's reply (July 2012): "EGGP should have a class D control zone. The airspace around EGGP is not set as a type of terminal airspace and so VoxATC does not assign the correct airspace class but defaults to a UK ATZ where VFR flights are not required to contact approach when departing. I'm pondering ways to solve this."

The UK extension is I'm sure available, and works fine for me, apart from the fact EGGP Liverpool is my home airfield and VOX just doesn't play nice with it...

See: http://www.flightstore.co.uk/flight-simulation-c499/traffic-atc-add-ons-c568/voxatc-6-with-uk-expansion-for-fsx-p3000

Another great, but IMO underused feature is the customisable airfields. Vox UK includes Bristol, but there's no SDK to allow you to create others for your own airports. Tegwyn said he's looking at whether he can do that after the current beta release... (no timeframe)

xaP1VAU.png

Having stirred a little hornet's nest here, I feel I should add what I hope is clarification.

I purchased version 5 of VoxATC UK & Vox ATC X plus 4 x 16 bit voices in August 2008 from RC Simulations.  I have just found the DVD :rolleyes:.  It contains: VoxATC X; VoxATC UK; 16 bit UK voices and 16 bit US voices.

In December 2010 I purchased the update to Version 6 from VoxATC.  Along the way I also purchased 4 Cepstral voices.

It seems that when I recently upgraded my PC I should have installed the DVD first, and then upgraded by downloading the latest version - 6.49, and using the appropriate registration codes.

Frank

Regards

Frank Jones

You just install the downloaded updated version and the original registration code should work.

If you have purchased the UK expansion pack re install that as well..

That is a one off purchase at RC Simulations.

Dave

I did and it does.  I will install the UK version from the DVD.

Regards

Frank Jones

I also got the uk expansion at the same time as vox atc, when the main program gets an update I un install the lot, then install vox atc latest version then install uk expansion pack.

<p>vrs_supporter.png

Paul Sleight