Sign in to follow this  
GHarrall

FTX Norway Released

Yes I have no doubt ORBX team could make already amazing products even more amazing given more resources and a more modern platform. It just a pity that the flightsim market i so niche compared to the mainstream gaming market (GTA, battlefield, etc) that it cant support the kind of investments those kind of games receives.

Having said so, with the continuing development of P3D and with awesome developers such as ORBX, the flightsim future is bright!

Greetings from a Norwegian that is very happy to see Norway finally getting the ORBX treatment!

It's interesting that ORBX didn't modeled most popular tourist attraction in Norway - Preikestolen. It's very hard to locate it since you must rely on coordinates.

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

As a Norwegian that spends as much time as possible in the air over Norway I give FTX Norway my seal of approval. It is an amazing package that has pushed the FSX/ESP scenery engine to its limits. An impressive effort to say the least. If you want to get a taste of Norway, there is nothing better, and before you mention it, UTX or ORBX FTX Global Vector and OpenLC Europe don't stand a chance.

If this is Norway...(smile)..."I wanna move there....".   Send the immigration papers asap.......   Must be a blast for motorcycles....  :P

If this is Norway...(smile)..."I wanna move there....".   Send the immigration papers asap.......   Must be a blast for motorcycles....  :P

Norway is a feast for the eyes, that's for sure. As for motorcycles, they fly too low for my taste :)

• Upvote 1

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

Norway is a feast for the eyes, that's for sure. As for motorcycles, they fly too low for my taste :

"Oh....you can fly on a motorcycle too, lol.    Don't ask.....won't tell......and er...I don't mean 'flying OFF of a motorcycle...lol."

Yeah...I'm having a ball...and discovered a Norwegian airport that even at 12:00 hours in December, is dark, with night sky apparent. I didn't catch the airport...was just picking and sampling...but the island looked cold...the ocean looked cold...and the guys sitting waiting for customers at the fuel bar, looked cold..... :rolleyes:

It's interesting that ORBX didn't modeled most popular tourist attraction in Norway - Preikestolen. It's very hard to locate it since you must rely on coordinates.

They are good about updates, post in their support forum

I really hope they will model Preikestolen it's a big & beautiful cliff in a beautiful place.

So far I'm loving ftx Norway, really awesome job :Peace:

They are good about updates, post in their support forum

Absolutely agree.

Just post over any requests in the ORBX forum and they will update.

Hirdy

I've spent around 5 flying hours so far, so I think I can share my initial thoughts for people still hesitating.

Vector & LC data indeed is impressive. There are lots of small villages, standalone houses everywhere. And even small, remote runways have real shapes, So far so good. I've found 10-15 of them and none of those where 'square'.

However, most of those runways have still this old, plain yellow background texture. Overall, textures seem to be good, but quite generic. However, most of my time I've been flying in northern remote areas and I know, that more photoreal textures are placed on the coast lines and in bigger cities.

In my opinion, ORBX New Zealand has better textures overall, but maybe worst vector & lc data. It has also more denser forests, which look much better to me. Even on extreme scenery density forests in Norway are too sparse for my taste.

But despite those things I am very happy with this purchase. Money well spent.

Lukasz

Lukasz Kulasek

i7-8700k, RTX 2080 TI, 32 GB RAM, ASUS TUF Z370-PRO Gaming, Oculus Rift CV1

I had the freeware Norway which was excellent but I am really loving ORBX's product. For a scenery, it was a bit more expensive but the detail is really great, and far more airports are covered from what I can see. I'm impressed with the sense of realism and of course the beauty of Norway. Can't wait to get Henrik's ship ai installed to add another layer of things.

Still exploring but I really am pleased with my purchase! I feel like "full fat" really is a good descriptor of this scenery, well done ORBX!

i7 - 8700k, 4.3Ghz

Nvidia RTX 2070

Win 10

So I'm thinking I'd like to get this. But, I wanted to ask again about the hybrid mode thing. I was reading the documentation from the orbx site and they just show enabling the Europe regional FTX Central. So, if I have Global, Vector, and OpenLC EU, and fly only in Europe, do I need to be in hybrid mode? I would just select Europe in FTX Central and not check the hybrid mode, correct? I'd only need hybrid enabled if I flew out of the EU region, right?

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024

So I'm thinking I'd like to get this. But, I wanted to ask again about the hybrid mode thing. I was reading the documentation from the orbx site and they just show enabling the Europe regional FTX Central. So, if I have Global, Vector, and OpenLC EU, and fly only in Europe, do I need to be in hybrid mode? I would just select Europe in FTX Central and not check the hybrid mode, correct? I'd only need hybrid enabled if I flew out of the EU region, right?

Everything you stated is correct.  Go forth...and purchase....

This is an automatic message.

This topic has been moved from "MS FSX Forum" to "The Unofficial ORBX Forum". This move has been done for a number of possible reasons.

• The most likely reason is that the post was off topic.
  • The topic could also have contained images or a video that were not appropriate to the original forum it was posted in.
  • The images might not have been "illustrative" or "explanatory" in nature.
  • The topic could have been moved because we deemed it to be more appropriately placed elsewhere.
Please ensure that your posts are "on topic" and contain illustrative images or videos as appropriate. Do not post videos or images just for entertainment purposes anywhere but in the screen shot or video forums. See our image posting rules here.

Members who continue to post off topic posts can be denied entry to specific forums in order to reduce and remove the practice. Your cooperation is appreciated.