Sign in to follow this  
David Bourne

FSX-SE Compatibility Testing Thread

Has anyone checked to see if the win8/8.1 joystick/controller bug has been fixed?  A biggie since FSUIPC is currently broken.

No

Carenado C340 II rotating beacon does not work (sent to support Carenado).

A2A Cherokee, C172 and C182 works, but no strobe and rotating beacon.

This is a FSX Steam bug with effects files not displaying correctly and affects nearly all aircraft including the defaults

This is a FSX Steam bug with effects files not displaying correctly

That is one thing I have also found. Have you made DTG aware of it?

Was looking for IVAP and FSX-SE, as I get an error when starting FSX-SE trying to load the dll file.

Gues that flying online with IVAO is (still) not possible?

regards,

Martin. 

I have been told some are having problems with tuning radios using the mouse in FSX-SE. Anyone here notice that?

Thx,

Al

Radio works perfectly fine in the Aerosoft Airbus bundle.

Majestic Dash-8: Not working. ICannot see the Landing gear, the panel is cold and dark and nothing works.

your issues are Simconnect Related

Craig, I was wondering if you used the existing installers for your Razbam , Milviz B55 and C310.  I also use parallel system with Steam installed on separate HD.  I have been using a copy and paste on a few Carenado planes with good success. 

Thanks for taking the time to share your information on your testing FSXM and FSX-SE.

Regards,

Hi Carl,

Yes, I've used the existing installers on all add-ons I've tried in FSX:SE so far.   I've not actually tried any cutting and pasting between the sims yet, but you've got me thinking now, so think I'll try one!

Hi Carl,

Yes, I've used the existing installers on all add-ons I've tried in FSX:SE so far.   I've not actually tried any cutting and pasting between the sims yet, but you've got me thinking now, so think I'll try one!

After re-thinking I did reinstall all my carenado planes using the existing installers with no problems.  Also did the samething with the Razbam; howwever with the Razebam I also edited the FSE dll.xml to add the "Launch Addon".  All is well.  I do notice that the control panel "uninstaller" does not show any of the FSX-se planes only the FSX planes.  Not sure if you have to uninstall any of these it could be a slow process. By the way I did "copy and paste" all my feeware scenery and a few payware with no problems noted todate.

Carl

PC AMD Ryzen R7-5700G (8-Core) processor), AMD Radeon RX 6600 Graphics 8GB/ 2TB HD + 500GB SSD,  16GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM, Win11

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Can we please use the following convention if we're going to getting a thread this long full of people saying different things?

Green and bold product name - Works like a charm

Orange and bold product name - Works after a bit of tinkering with files and/or their locations

Red and bold product name - Doesn't work, don't know why; staying clear of the addon.

Black and regular - Regular talking, talking about why it's working or why it isn't or what you had to do to get it to work.

It makes it a lot easier to see what's borked and what isn't just by glazing through the pages in this thread.

My observations so far.

Carenado C185 good. Not installed the others yet but assume they'll be OK

FTX Global FTX PNW fine

FTX PNG had to manually add it via the Scenery library after installing

The bad news for me

GoFlight modules GF 45, RP48, GF P8 not working. Showing up in Windows Devices and GF software pointing to correct location

Saitek Switch Panel not working. Installed drivers and checked test function all ok.

Clean install W7 64 bit no previous versions of FSX on my system, just the SE edition

Sorry if this has already been covered guys but have done lots of googling before coming here.

Oh, the sim is super smooth BTW  :)

Cheers

T

Here's an important one :-

MAJESTIC Q400

Installs automatically and correctly (as long as you've installed FSX:SE last, it automatically locates the FSX:SE location from registry.  Functions perfectly, EXCEPT, no sounds at all  (no engine sounds, custom sounds, exterior sounds - nothing).

Could do with someone else testing this, as I have had problems with sound with this aircraft before.    I installed v1.10 installer then the v1.11 patch.

UPDATE:-   I uninstalled V1.11, and instead installed v1.08 (Majestic gave me an offline installer version of this a couple of weeks ago, due to having problems with v1.10).   Majestic Q400 v1.08 working perfectly (with all sounds), in FSX:SE!  :smile:

I actually suspect v1.11 will probably work fine in FSX:SE for most people - as I believe the sound problems are at my end, and are not connected with FSX:SE.

I have nearly the same issiue i dont hear the "click" sounds from the switches or the throttles. but i can hear the engines and the bleed fans.

Tried to install fsinn to fly on vatsim but it does not recognize fsx se

sfo_a320.png

C. W. ,Ryzen 9 5950X @H2O , 32 GB RAM DDR4 3600 Mhz CL15 , Corsair MP600 Pro Watercooled 2 TB for P3D, Samsung SSD980 1 TB for Addons and Crucial MMX500,  Red Devil Ultimate 6900 XT