Sign in to follow this  
David Bourne

FSX-SE Compatibility Testing Thread

I have just released a new version of the Goflight Interface Tool that works with FSX Steam Edition. You can get it at www.pollypotsoftware.org.uk

Best wishes

Steve

Stephen Munn

Can not connect to Digital Theme Park servers via the Direct Connect option

Temprarily modifying the registry key for FSX 'setup' location to the location of the FSX-SE folder in mt 'triple side-by-side-by-side' install allowed my to install all my OrbX scenery by selecting the "FSX" option on the installers.

I have FSX, P3D and now FSX-SE installed. Why, some myopic visionaries might ask. I do some beta testing and having all three platforms availible is desirable. Also, FSX-SE Multiplayer can not connect to the servers I fly on (DTP) thus I need, and will always maintain, my FSX install.

Paul

Wide-5.jpg

Dave,

Are you sure FSUIPC doesn't work with STEAM? I just downloaded FSX STEAM as a clean install, that is, I did not have MS FSX installed at all on my computer. Then I went on to purchase FSUIPC for FSX and was able to install it and register it. Assignments are made on the default aircraft and functioning. I don't have any add-on aircraft, payware or freeware, so not sure if it will work with those. I like the idea of the developers posting on a separate thread or a dedicated form so we can be notified when their products become SE compatable.

Jim D..  

All my highly customized control mappings via FSUIPC4 work in FSX-SE as they did in FSX. Matter of fact Im just copied my 5549 line FSUIPC4.ini file from FSX over into FSX-SE "Modules" folder and went flying.

One needs tha latest version of FSUIPC4 to use with FSX-SE. .Version 4.938a.

Paul

Wide-5.jpg

anyone know if asn, pmdg is compatibility with the patched steam edition?

No.   Updates are required from the addon developers, to get those addons working, not from Steam/DTG.

thank you, i am patiently waiting on my pmdg 777 to work, i will stay with the boxed version until that day i guess, thank you

Do you know if the BlackBox Simulations A320 and A330 work with FSX SE?

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Thx Mike

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Has anyone got Aivlasoft working? I was able to create a workaround for it and works okay until they make it compatible next build I hope

Instructions from the forum

EFB is looking for the file "scenery.cfg" at the default location "C:\Program Data\Microsoft\FSX". So if there is a scenery.cfg, try to copy/paste it to that folder. 

I also created a temp "Flight Simulator X" folder and copied over Aivlasoft Nav Data and linked it to the settings menu.

Thats it, works fine

ZORAN

Good day all. 

Has anyone tested SweetFX? Not much information about it online. 

Thx 

I9-13900K | ASUS ROG Strix Z790-E Gaming LGA 1700 | MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 24GB | CORSAIR iCUE H150i ELITE LCD Liquid Cooler | CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 64GB (2X36) 5200MHx DDR5 | Thermaltake GF3 1650W 80+ Gold PSU | Samsung QN90C Neo QLED TV 50”

This thread is ripe for closing. Trying to sift through 15 + pages of posts is not easy when there is no consistency. The OP asked that everyone list there compatibility experiences and not a "wish" list or "does this work" list. I tired to compile a comprehensive spread sheet on this topic, but found that the information is mostly useless. If you know it works, you should list how it works. In other words, is a work around necessary and does it work with dual install only or FSX-SE only, do you need an update from the developer and so on. I even went to another forum to compile data from and the same scenario there, incomplete information. Sad to say that a lot of posters in this thread just don't read, understand or care. Hopefully another thread will get started and posters will follow directions. Too bad this forum does not allow long term editing for the OP, it would make things much easier to research. 

Ric, I couldn't agree more! One of the things that truly annoys me as a moderator is the issue of "thread hijacking," where someone asks a question that has no real relevance to the thread topic.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator