Sign in to follow this  
toriu

REX Soft Clouds

It's just a poor man's Rex direct, it's only a cloud set from Rex direct but with a lower resolution. 512 res upto 1080. It's been mainly created for P3d because p3d's clouds are crap & full of problems.

It's just a poor man's Rex direct, it's only a cloud set from Rex direct but with a lower resolution. 512 res upto 1080. It's been mainly created for P3d because p3d's clouds are crap & full of problems.

Have you bought these clouds?

It sounds to me like you do not own this add on because these new clouds are nothing like any other REX clouds I've tried. I also have FEX and these soft clouds are even better than FEX.

There are several posts on avsim. I will advise to search for them and read the reviews from those who have purchased and used this addon.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

I'm downloading it now.  $11 is not bad.

No it's not.

I saw a promo clip and in FSX at least, they look like just any other freeware/payware clouds. Don't get me wrong I own both REX Essentials Plus (for the unbeaten "sparkling" water animation) and REX 4 Texture direct but I wouldn't pay for dem clouds. I might pick up that precipitation add-on though.

Well, I have attempted to install it 3 times now and it won't even load.  I keep getting a a .net error.  Waiting to get verified on the rex forum so I can get support.

Never mind....O.E.  I forgot that REX products don't like RadeonPro's API detection.  I did a quick look-see, and I can say that these are definitely an improvement.  The fog really looks good...much more realistic.  The performance seems to be a bit better as well.  It is worth $11

"Because p3d's clouds are crap". Oh man, the only crap is your comment. If you don't have a clue, which you obviously don't have, then don't reply to posts.

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

"Because p3d's clouds are crap". Oh man, the only crap is your comment. If you don't have a clue, which you obviously don't have, then don't reply to posts.

Then you must be one of those lucky few who doesn't need the cloud fix update to try to fix the spinning & rotation of the clouds in P3d then. No I thought not. But like you say "i don't have a clue". By by now.

Would like to know from someone who actually owns the product if there's a difference between it and the 512 clouds in REX Essential Plus.  

dv

Win 10 Pro || i7-8700K ||  32GB || ASUS Z370-P MB || NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb || 2 960 PRO 1TB, 840 EVO

My Files in the AVSIM Library

Have you bought these clouds?

It sounds to me like you do not own this add on because these new clouds are nothing like any other REX clouds I've tried. I also have FEX and these soft clouds are even better than FEX.

There are several posts on avsim. I will advise to search for them and read the reviews from those who have purchased and used this addon.

No Dj I wouldn't insult my flight simm with 512 resolution textures because I run my flight simm on an Asus 4k resolution monitor, I don't even select 1080 resolution clouds so for me 512 resolution is just a backwards step. But like I've said I use Rex direct with all of it's features so if you where to select 1080 for lower clouds and 4960 for upper clouds you get soft lower clouds,and scince Asn & Rex textures can replicate ANY cloud set if you know how to use them both together correctly I see no point to purchasing this. Plus it no doubt will be come an update for Rex direct anyway, they always do.

It makes me wonder why users make comments on addons  where they havnt  actually  got them cant see the point really.

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

No Dj I wouldn't insult my flight simm with 512 resolution textures because I run my flight simm on an Asus 4k resolution monitor, I don't even select 1080 resolution clouds so for me 512 resolution is just a backwards step. But like I've said I use Rex direct with all of it's features so if you where to select 1080 for lower clouds and 4960 for upper clouds you get soft lower clouds,and scince Asn & Rex textures can replicate ANY cloud set if you know how to use them both together correctly I see no point to purchasing this. Plus it no doubt will be come an update for Rex direct anyway, they always do.

For the record 1080 isn't possible ;-) and everything above 1024 is just to put your sim out of balance and watch OOM possibilities lol

André

For the record 1080 isn't possible ;-) and everything above 1024 is just to put your sim out of balance and watch OOM possibilities lol

Really"1080 isn't possible!.You have my sympathy my friend, I've been using higher resolution than that for over a year on both FSX & P3D. 4K IT LOOKS AWSOM.

Danster,

Awf or Andre Folkers is an extremely talented computer graphics designer who has been in this hobby for many years and has developed some nice freeware and is part of some of the better payware that's out there as well... Point being he knows what he is talking about.

Jeff

Commercial | Instrument | Multi-Engine Land

AMD 5600X, RTX3070, 32MB RAM, 2TB SSD

Really"1080 isn't possible!.You have my sympathy my friend, I've been using higher resolution than that for over a year on both FSX & P3D. 4K IT LOOKS AWSOM.

Danster I'm not talking about the screen resolution but the texture size.

Those are two different things and the size of 1080 isn't possible for example 256 * 256 (even smaller)

or 512 * 512 or 1024 * 1024 or 2048 * 2048 or 4096 * 4096 etc.. is possible.;-)

André