Sign in to follow this  
KL791

Global AI Ship Traffic FSX and P3D News and Support

Hello Henrik

very good job!. It is a phantastic model of these extra large ship.

Grüße / Greetings

aus / from Hamburg (the most beautiful city in the world) grin.gif

Manfred

SimDocks-Logo-dark-grey200px.png

Hello Henrik

very good job!. It is a phantastic model of these extra large ship.

:) Zoe pass regularly in Denmark, so I had a chance to take a look at her a couple of times.

A slightly smaller ship done mainly for Knud, who have made sounds and repaints for the project. The ferry Margrete Læsø travels between Knuds hometown Frederikshavn and the small Danish island Læsø.

16051610245916112914229921.jpg

16051610250416112914229922.jpg

Will Læsø Færgen, Vasco de Gama, Benjamin Franklin, Zheng He, Oscar, Maya and Zoe be realesed seperatly, or do you wait till you have another major update?

Jorn Lundtoft

I don't always stop and look at airplanes.........Oh wait, Yes I do.

Intel I7-13700F, 32GB Fury DDR5 - 6000, Kingston 1TB NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSD, Asus Geforce RTX 4070 TI 12GB, Kingston 2TB M2 NVMe SSD, Corsair 750W PCU, Windows 11

Will Læsø Færgen, Vasco de Gama, Benjamin Franklin, Zheng He, Oscar, Maya and Zoe be realesed seperatly, or do you wait till you have another major update?

I will wait - probably until my summer Holiday - in order not to make too many releases. Also it looks like the next update will contain several new navy ships from 7-8 different countries. Also the testing is a lenghty process - today we realized that for some reason transparencies did not show up in the same way in my P3D installation as in one of the other team members installation of the same program.

Today I had a CTD in P3D caused by AI_player.dll - something to do with my AI traffic?  And more specifically, something to do with my AI boats, because I have all other AI traffic disabled.  Anyone seen this before?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Hi - Do you use the Global pack or the individual packs. The only CTD I heard of and which could be replicated was due to a ship in the first paclage 63 AI ships which had a misspelling in the mdl filename compared to the mdl.cfg . That was corrected in the patch for 63 AI ships. To check if your problem was caused by the AI package it would be necessary to know where you flew, gmt time, and day of the week. Only this way we might be able to recreate. An eventual problem. One more thing - certain add-ons have an inbuilt traffic file which if activated is incompatible with the ship traffic. So any add-ons installed with AI traffic? I do not have a list of these but the beautiful Nuuk from Fsdg had problems with the boat traffic included in the scenery when used with the global AI traffic.

This is an error that can be found often when Googling. In various forums can be found as a solution to reinstall the latest version of FSUIPC.

If that does not help here's what the AVSIM CTD Guide, page 10 recommends:

AI_Player.dll - The faulting module was the ai_player.dll which is the module that controls your AI (a commercial AI program or the default).

• Could be something wrong with an AI model or object. If you have MyTrafficX, you can disable AI in the Scenery Library to see if this fixes the problem. If so, then this is the problem. If you have another AI program installed, then disable that program to see if the program is causing your crashes.

• Problem occurs occasionally in the Seattle area with FTX/Orbx Pacific Northwest. This may have been fixed by now but check the FTX/Orbx forums and search for AI_Player.

• Caused by freeware airports in the area that has static aircraft or their own AI aircraft and flight plans. Disable the add-on airport and see if problem is gone. If you have any FSDT, Flight Beam airports, do not disable them. They are not the problem.

• AI programs like MyTrafficX has AFCAD's for hundreds, maybe thousands of airports in the MyTraffic/Scenery folder. Anyone of these could be the cause of the ai_player crash. In this case, make sure you have the latest version of your AI program installed.

Grüße / Greetings

Manfred

Hi Manfred,

Thanks for those explanations. I am on my way to work and the next weeks will be busy with loads of work and overseas business travelling, so little time for support and testing. But I think the issue has to be found in one of these options mentioned in the two previous posts - rather than the ship project itself it is a compability issue.

Now that there's a single ZIP to download and install, I have done that -- installed into FSX-SE.

I moved both ships and boat sliders up to 50 or even 100%, but I see very few small and leisure boats and no ferries, just the odd tanker, in places where I'm sure there should be more around the British Isles -- Liverpool, Dublin, Southampton, London. Where do I look to see them? Do I have to somehow add some dock scenery so they have places to come and go (like with airports for AI)?

Pete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

Now that there's a single ZIP to download and install, I have done that -- installed into FSX-SE.

I moved both ships and boat sliders up to 50 or even 100%, but I see very few small and leisure boats and no ferries, just the odd tanker, in places where I'm sure there should be more around the British Isles -- Liverpool, Dublin, Southampton, London. Where do I look to see them? Do I have to somehow add some dock scenery so they have places to come and go (like with airports for AI)?

Pete

Did you add to your scenery.cfg ?  10% on the slider should give you 100% of the ships.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

If you can not see all the many ships from Henriks package, it is likely that you have installed somewhere FS9 files (e. g. WOAI). These files prevent the display of the ships.

Grüße / Greetings

Manfred

Did you add to your scenery.cfg ?  10% on the slider should give you 100% of the ships.

No, I see no layer which can be added. The Scenery folder in the Download package only has BGLs for the main Scenery/World/Scenery folder. But it's a good point. I'll go make sure all those are probably in that folder.

Would it be better to put all those BGLs in there own layer, added to the Scenery.CFG? AI traffic from MyTrafficX seems to be fine with its own layer, rather than have it in the main World folder like the default AI. I think I might do that.

If you can not see all the many ships from Henriks package, it is likely that you haveinstalled somewhere FS9 files (e. g. WOAI). These files prevent the display of the ships.

No, none of those. They also prevent lots of other AI. I did once try some WOAI but I took precautions of converting it first. But I removed it in any case.

Thanks! AT least I know where to look now!

Pete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

No, I see no layer which can be added. The Scenery folder in the Download package only has BGLs for the main Scenery/World/Scenery folder. But it's a good point. I'll go make sure all those are probably in that folder.

Would it be better to put all those BGLs in there own layer, added to the Scenery.CFG? AI traffic from MyTrafficX seems to be fine with its own layer, rather than have it in the main World folder like the default AI. I think I might do that.

No, none of those. They also prevent lots of other AI. I did once try some WOAI but I took precautions of converting it first. But I removed it in any case.

Thanks! AT least I know where to look now!

Pete

Hi Pete,

You can put the traffic bgl files in separate scenery folders instead of the default scenry/world/scenery. The advantage if you do it is that you can turn of and on regions and only load the routes relevant to where you fly. If you want to do this sort the trafic files alpahbetically and their names will tell you which area they belong to - Carl Vokes small locator package can also be helpful in showing exactly where the routes are.

In order to check if the package is well installed generally I recommend either to check at Gibraltar, in the English Channel, or in Rio de Janeiro as there will always be traffic in these areas - even if a port like Liverpool is included traffic there is not as dense as in other places - and you could be unlucky and see nothing there. There is still room for adding a ship here and there and more will come :)

Henrik