Sign in to follow this  
KL791

Global AI Ship Traffic FSX and P3D News and Support

Hi Henrik,

Did you ever get together the list of classic-era vessels that we discussed briefly on CalClassic?

Andy

I've noticed something strange with double ships in an area around Haneda aIrport (RJTT) Is that a bug or something gone wrong with my P3D v3.1?

146158562109826100_resized.jpg

Jorn Lundtoft

I don't always stop and look at airplanes.........Oh wait, Yes I do.

Intel I7-13700F, 32GB Fury DDR5 - 6000, Kingston 1TB NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSD, Asus Geforce RTX 4070 TI 12GB, Kingston 2TB M2 NVMe SSD, Corsair 750W PCU, Windows 11

Hmmm, I can't get the picture to show, but it showed multiple ships that were doubled behing one another, hope you get the idea of what I'm trying to "show" you :-)

Jorn Lundtoft

Intel I7-13700F, 32GB Fury DDR5 - 6000, Kingston 1TB NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSD, Asus Geforce RTX 4070 TI 12GB, Kingston 2TB M2 NVMe SSD, Corsair 750W PCU, Windows 11

Guest tymk

Hi Jorn,

I've just checked and there are no duplicate ships on my install. Does this happen every time you run the sim? There's a known issue with P3D that causes traffic to be "doubled" if you manually refresh the scenery (by going to the scenery library menu).

Otherwise, I'd check for duplicate traffic BGLs. Try searching your P3D install for "traffic_Ships_Asia_Japan_56451.bgl" (for instance) and see if it appears in more than one place.

Tym

Hi Jørn,

I also tend to believe you had a problem caused by the way you started the flight. Try to start from a new flight in the default plane from a nearby airport and see if the same happens again.

Meanwhile a preview from the maiden voyage of the 399 metres container ship CMA CGM Vasco de Gama in P3d

16042511150916112914179478.jpg

Ok, Jeg tried a fresh start of P3D and there's still plenty of ships around Haneda, but no doubles :-) So it looks like everythings fine, thanks for the help guys. Now we're just waiting for the Vasco to populate our seas, no pressure Henrik :-)

Jorn Lundtoft

It has only been slow progress the last weeks, but now CMA CGM Vasco De Gama, CMA CGM Benjamin Franklin, and CMA CGM Zheng He has been added to the virtual oceans. CMA CGM Benjamin Franklin is the largest container ship to serve the US West Coast.

16043005522316112914190527.jpg

16043005521916112914190525.jpg

16043005522116112914190526.jpg

• Upvote 2

Where do we find them?

Jorn Lundtoft

Where do we find them?

So far only on my computer...

• Upvote 2

Ok, now the really naive question.  Can I get inside any of these and actually 'command' them, or are they on sea-based fixed AI tracks.

The problem with most shipping sims is that you soon fall of the edge of the world.  They are not global in extent.

When I do a search in the AVSIM library for 'Global AI Ship Traffic V1' I end up with long list of "Other files which are related to, or may be required by, this file:"

Are these at all relevant, or all they already contained within the Global AI Ship Traffic compressed file?

Also, will new ships and traffic files be uploaded separately, or as v2, v3, etc.?

Thanks,

Ernie

Ernest Pergrem

When I do a search in the AVSIM library for 'Global AI Ship Traffic V1' I end up with long list of "Other files which are related to, or may be required by, this file:"

Are these at all relevant, or all they already contained within the Global AI Ship Traffic compressed file?

Also, will new ships and traffic files be uploaded separately, or as v2, v3, etc.?

Thanks,

Ernie

No, the other files are no longer needed - all you need is the pack called "Global AI Ship Traffic V1" - it contains everything.

Ok, now the really naive question.  Can I get inside any of these and actually 'command' them, or are they on sea-based fixed AI tracks.

The problem with most shipping sims is that you soon fall of the edge of the world.  They are not global in extent.

Erwin Welker has made a bunch of the ships pilotable - both his own models and many of my models - they work decently with a 2D panel in FSX; I am not aware if they work in the latest version of P3D - there were some issues in P3Dv3.1 when the waves were introduced. I think it is okay in V3.2. However I have to say that at least my models were made as AI models, so don't expect to find a highly detailed ship with 3D bridge as with the Deltasim payware models.

This might however change in the future... The CMA CGM Benjamin Franklin model can potentially get a virtuel cockpit and it is also the case for the MSC Zoe - I have quite good picture material for the inside of these two ships and also from the Inside of one of the Triple-E Maersk container ships, which I visited last year. So if someone offer assistance in doing the gauges, the flightsim could potentially turn a ship sim...

Next from the yard - the MSC Zoe togehter with sister ships MSC Oscar and MSC Maya. At present the largest container ships measured in number of standard 20-feet container units. The captain on the bridge wing on the last picture gives an impression of the size.

16051409282516112914226867.jpg

16051409282116112914226866.jpg

16051409281716112914226863.jpg

• Upvote 1