Sign in to follow this  
KL791

Global AI Ship Traffic FSX and P3D News and Support

Hi Manfred,

Thanks for your comment and once again thanks for letting me use your City of Hamburg :smile:

16040209400316112914114687.jpg

For those who wants even more ships, you can find some nice models and routes for the German river Elbe on Manfred's site www.simdocks.de

Henrik

Now the Global AI Ship Traffic is released Carl Vokes has released a small package "Locator_for_Henrik_Nielson-s_Global_AI_ship_traffic_V1", which helps you find ships and routes using Google Earth. The small package from Carl also includes approximate time tables for each route. http://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=194728

16040202312516112914115615.jpg16040202313116112914115616.jpg

Thank you Henrik et al for all your work. I often get distracted from whatever flight I'm on when I see a wake in the distance and immediately feel the need to check it out! But I'm sure my passengers don't mind the extra sightseeing :smile:

• Upvote 1

Hello

Can you tell me if this works with the steam edition of FSX? I would like to give it a try before installing onto my flight rig with boxed FSX and P3D v3.1

Works fine on the Steam version.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Looking at the route map unless I'm missing something, are there any plans to add ship traffic between continents? Like from America to Asia/Europe and back? Rather than just around the coasts? I'd like to fly to Asia from America and see boats in the ocean.

Hi

Adding traffic between the continents is quite easy to do; the models are there and routes across open ocean are done in minutes as there is no need to test if ships hits the coasts, and there is space enough so they don't hit each other either... So far I have not included it as I believed there was no demand for this - and also I did not want to put routes which most people do not see, but which will take time for the computer to load at startup. But for those who fly intercontinental there would be no performance issue at all so it can be done. I fly a lot in real life between continents and one of the few distractions to an endless ocean are the ships which are occasional seen down there. If more people are interested please say so and i will prepare routes, and then probably recommend that they are placed in an addon scenery folder and activated there.

Henrik

• Upvote 3

Hi

Adding traffic between the continents is quite easy to do; the models are there and routes across open ocean are done in minutes as there is no need to test if ships hits the coasts, and there is space enough so they don't hit each other either... So far I have not included it as I believed there was no demand for this - and also I did not want to put routes which most people do not see, but which will take time for the computer to load at startup. But for those who fly intercontinental there would be no performance issue at all so it can be done. I fly a lot in real life between continents and one of the few distractions to an endless ocean are the ships which are occasional seen down there. If more people are interested please say so and i will prepare routes, and then probably recommend that they are placed in an addon scenery folder and activated there.

Henrik

I only speak for myself but I do fly often over the ocean. In routes to Hawaii and Asia from America and back. From America to Europe and back. I am now starting to fly around Asia to Australia and back as well. And having ships sailing in the open oceans would be great to have in a future update. Thank you Henrik for this great addition and the constant updates!

I doesnt hurt to have that in the sim for sure, brings more life to the sim when you see a ship in the middle of nowhere from time to time I guess when crossing oceans.

Arslan Nouar

How is ship ai different from Aircraft ai? What I mean, is that in P3D (and FSX) you can go in the menu and pick new view and chose ai planes. What does it take to do something of the same with ships? I realize it somehow must be built into the game, but how does ai ships differ from ai planes?

Btw, Just installed your ai pack and it works flawlessly in P3D 3.1, really nice to have some ships around, allthough they do disturb a lot of my planned flights, as I have to go down to take a closer look sometimes :-)

mvh Jørn

Jorn Lundtoft

I don't always stop and look at airplanes.........Oh wait, Yes I do.

Intel I7-13700F, 32GB Fury DDR5 - 6000, Kingston 1TB NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSD, Asus Geforce RTX 4070 TI 12GB, Kingston 2TB M2 NVMe SSD, Corsair 750W PCU, Windows 11

Hello AI Ship Team

Many many thank's for the hard work, to make us all enjoy this hobby even more.

McDan out

Does anyone have a torrent for the newest release? AVSIM servers tend to be very slow...

Nevermind..the servers were extremely fast today, downloaded in 5 minutes. 

Soarbywire - Avionics Engineering

Just to make it clear; torrent sharing of these files is illegal and we will take immediate legal action if we find out. I work professionally with the protection of IP rights, as a few who broke copyrights on this project already found out in a not so pleasant way... One of the motivation factors for the many designers who without receiving any form of monetary benefit contribute to this project is to be able to follow and see that it is actually downloaded. It has been a pleasure to see the positive feedback over the weekend and see that again the project topped the list of downloads. If download from avsim is temporary down or slow, then the project is available also on flightsim.com, simviation.com and flightsimnorway.com.

Henrik

• Upvote 1

Hi

Henrik

Thank you very very much for this wonderful package!

If you have time, I would love to further expand it with some traffic between the continents and between US West Coast and Hawaiian islands.

Thanks again!

Regards,

Frank van der Werff

Banner_FS2Crew_Line_Pilot.jpg

Hi

Henrik

Henrik, I would appreciate this if you don't mind taking the time to do it.

Ian