Sign in to follow this  
KL791

Global AI Ship Traffic FSX and P3D News and Support

In order to check if the package is well installed generally I recommend either to check at Gibraltar, in the English Channel, or in Rio de Janeiro as there will always be traffic in these areas - even if a port like Liverpool is included traffic there is not as dense as in other places - and you could be unlucky and see nothing there. 

Understood. Thanks!

Pete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

Pete,

Start at Liverpool at about 13:00 and you should see a few ships:

Liverpool.jpg

George

Start at Liverpool at about 13:00 and you should see a few ships:

Yes, that looks promising! Thanks.

Pete

• Upvote 1

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

Well having had this all installed from the start, its a pleasure to continue to use it with my sorties.

Yesterday and today i have been patrolling the eastern approaches of the Gibraltar Straits. Always some pleasant vessels to spot!

Now, I just cannot imagine when scrambled that I would find a couple of interesting relics. To place in context, I do have complete vessels, as shown, but have no idea what the grey areas are and wakes as well! Any ideas please?

Gib%20Straits%201.png

Gib%20Straits%202.png

Gib%20Straits%203.png

Gib%20Straits%204.png

Gib%20Straits%205.png

Martin Parr

Retired professional yacht skipper for vessels up to 46m

System: Omen 30L GT13-0054na Gaming PC; Windows 10 Home  64-bit OS; Intel Core i9-10900K CPU @ 3.7GHz; RAM 32GB; Samsung S34J55x Monitor 3440x1440 @75 Hz Resolution; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti. MSFS P/D; TM Pendular Rudder Pedals, TM Warthog Hortas Throttle/Joystick Combo.

I asked this question in my own screenshot thread, but this would be the better place for it :)

The cutoff point for the ship traffic slider is 5%; above that and G.A.I.S.T works. What happens if you increase the slider to higher settings or even maximum?

Thanks.

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

Mark, are you responding to me, or is the question to ascertain your own query? Incidentally, what is G.A.I.S.T?

Thank You

Martin Parr

System: Omen 30L GT13-0054na Gaming PC; Windows 10 Home  64-bit OS; Intel Core i9-10900K CPU @ 3.7GHz; RAM 32GB; Samsung S34J55x Monitor 3440x1440 @75 Hz Resolution; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti. MSFS P/D; TM Pendular Rudder Pedals, TM Warthog Hortas Throttle/Joystick Combo.

Mark, are you responding to me, or is the question to ascertain your own query? Incidentally, what is G.A.I.S.T?

Thank You

I think it is an abreviation for Global AI Ship Traffic...

I asked this question in my own screenshot thread, but this would be the better place for it :)

The cutoff point for the ship traffic slider is 5%; above that and G.A.I.S.T works. What happens if you increase the slider to higher settings or even maximum?

Thanks.

If you have not removed the default boat traffic you will have some ugly default ships sailing around... It will not influence the ships in Global AI Ship Traffic as they are all set to 5 %.

Well having had this all installed from the start, its a pleasure to continue to use it with my sorties.

Yesterday and today i have been patrolling the eastern approaches of the Gibraltar Straits. Always some pleasant vessels to spot!

Now, I just cannot imagine when scrambled that I would find a couple of interesting relics. To place in context, I do have complete vessels, as shown, but have no idea what the grey areas are and wakes as well! Any ideas please?

Gib%20Straits%201.png

Gib%20Straits%202.png

Gib%20Straits%203.png

Gib%20Straits%204.png

Gib%20Straits%205.png

I was looking at the Wake behind one of the grey rectangles - it does not look like a Wake I know - neither one of mine nor a default, but it can of course be displaying wrong as the grey rectangles obiviously means something is wrong - do you have any other ships installed which could be in that area? Did you experience any performance issue at the time?

• Upvote 1

A former world largest container ship - the CSCL Globe - it didn't hold the first position for many months, but still it remains among the top 5 largest ship types today.

16052804190916112914264200.jpg

• Upvote 1

Hi Henrik: The only other AI is Ark Royal IV for FSX and one of her routes has the Ark leaving Gibraltar at 0900 local on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday for Lisbon, and leaving there at 0800 local on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday.

The sorties I undertook were from the Ark at her berth in Lisbon.

Thanks

Martin Parr

Hi Henrik: The only other AI is Ark Royal IV for FSX and one of her routes has the Ark leaving Gibraltar at 0900 local on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday for Lisbon, and leaving there at 0800 local on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday.

The sorties I undertook were from the Ark at her berth in Lisbon.

Thanks

I can't find or provoke anything like that - looks very strange. It is near my test area in the Strait of Gibraltar, but I never came across something like that neither in FSX or P3D.

Meanwhile a shot of the latest model in project - actually shot almost in the same spot just west of the entrance to the Strait of Gibraltar.

16052810183716112914265162.jpg

16052810195516112914265169.jpg

16052810195916112914265170.jpg

• Upvote 2

Henrik, thanks for looking into it!

Martin Parr

Henrik, Very grateful for your excellent work. As an ex crew member of a VLCC, I very much appreciate the opportunity of having such realistic ships in the P3D environment, they certainly take realism to a higher level.  

Henrik, Very grateful for your excellent work. As an ex crew member of a VLCC, I very much appreciate the opportunity of having such realistic ships in the P3D environment, they certainly take realism to a higher level.

Thanks :) Development is going slow for the moment but finally today I could add a bit - 9 different variations of the Superflex ferry concept.

16061211053016112914306288.jpg

16061211052916112914306287.jpg

• Upvote 1

Awesome!

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Excellent! :cool:

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)