Sign in to follow this  
KL791

Global AI Ship Traffic FSX and P3D News and Support

17 hours ago, KL791 said:

200 AI Ships is not the newest file! The newest version is not available on avsim due to size limitation. You can find the newest version Global AI Ship Traffic V2  on www.simviation.com or on www.flightsimnorway.com. If you do not have premium membership on simviation and experience problem with download speed I recommend download from flightsimnorway.

With the newest file you don't need any other downloads and you will have all the close to 1100 ships.

Wow, thank you! I will do just that.

I'm having trouble getting p3dv4 to pick this add on up, followed the instructions on adding the add-on.xml text file and pasting the required details into it, then pasting the whole Global Ai ship traffic folder to my p3dv4 add on's folder in my documents, however after starting p3d i don't get the message asking to activate the add on.

Also looking in the add on's list in p3d also doesn't show it.

Any ideas?

Richard Smith

Hello fellow aviators,

first of all I'd like to chime in in thanking the author for this magnificent piece of work! I have used the previous version a long time and visited several ships on many many occasions. This add-on is one of the most important I have - right after AI-traffic (in the air) and weather. The new version is even better - more ships = more fun flying near or over water.

There is one small issue I have though: when loading a flight (P3Dv4.5 HF2) I can see all the AI ships in the vicinity (using littlenavmap). So for instance I load EDDH in a F22, take-off and head out to the North Sea. After a while (few minutes) the sim loads the ships that still are beyond visual range for me but show up on the map. When these newly loaded ships are "injected" into the sim, I get a mean freeze. It is about 5 to 7 seconds long. After that I can continue flying until I have covered enough ground to make the sim load the new ships. 

The issue of objects being created in the running sim causing short freezes is not unknown. But that did not happen before. I tested a bit around and found (so far) that leaving the AI-Ship-Traffic out of the sim makes the freezes go away. I am not sure how or why that is the case. Certainly... the traffic density has increased around Hamburg but still... this is kind of weird. 

Maybe someone has a similar issue or even knows a solution. The freezes don't seem to kill the sim (ctd-wise), so there is that. But a freeze close to my destination airport after a 10-hour long haul is seriously thwarting my efforts to keep my blood-pressure low 😄

Cheers from Norther Germany!

Peter

Hello, 

Thanks for this jem. 

1 question : is it possible to add some "lights" to the ships ?

example "red" lights in top of the masts

Thanks in advance

Emile EBBR Z590 Aorus Elite, i9-11900K 3.5Ghz Nvidia RTX 3060, 16 GB Mem, SSD 1Tera + other HDDs, Dual Boot . Win11 Pro X64

On 11/17/2019 at 10:47 PM, BoeingNut76 said:

Hello fellow aviators,

first of all I'd like to chime in in thanking the author for this magnificent piece of work! I have used the previous version a long time and visited several ships on many many occasions. This add-on is one of the most important I have - right after AI-traffic (in the air) and weather. The new version is even better - more ships = more fun flying near or over water.

There is one small issue I have though: when loading a flight (P3Dv4.5 HF2) I can see all the AI ships in the vicinity (using littlenavmap). So for instance I load EDDH in a F22, take-off and head out to the North Sea. After a while (few minutes) the sim loads the ships that still are beyond visual range for me but show up on the map. When these newly loaded ships are "injected" into the sim, I get a mean freeze. It is about 5 to 7 seconds long. After that I can continue flying until I have covered enough ground to make the sim load the new ships. 

The issue of objects being created in the running sim causing short freezes is not unknown. But that did not happen before. I tested a bit around and found (so far) that leaving the AI-Ship-Traffic out of the sim makes the freezes go away. I am not sure how or why that is the case. Certainly... the traffic density has increased around Hamburg but still... this is kind of weird. 

Maybe someone has a similar issue or even knows a solution. The freezes don't seem to kill the sim (ctd-wise), so there is that. But a freeze close to my destination airport after a 10-hour long haul is seriously thwarting my efforts to keep my blood-pressure low 😄

Cheers from Norther Germany!

Peter

Hello, Peter,

that the area around Hamburg is quite problematic (FPS and reloading of objects) is well known. But I can't imagine that it could be due to Henrik's ship traffic. Of course I installed the new "Global AI Ship traffic" myself, as well as the Hamburg harbour (Work in Progress) and all the SimDocks shipping traffic, which still contains several unpublished ships.

Sure I have low FPS (between 15 and 18) via HH and sometimes a short "freezing" when autogen reloading takes place during changes of viewing direction, but this has no relation to ship traffic. Even if I deactivate the ship traffic this does not change anything for me.

Grüße / Greetings

aus / from Hamburg (the most beautiful city in the world) grin.gif

Manfred

SimDocks-Logo-dark-grey200px.png

Is there a way to install this application and turn it off without having to delete everything?   I know there are issues with some of the Hawaiian scenery with causes CTD's. 

Thanks

Duane Buck

7 hours ago, webranger said:

Is there a way to install this application and turn it off without having to delete everything?   I know there are issues with some of the Hawaiian scenery with causes CTD's. 

Thanks

Do you mean AI ship traffic?

I created a separate folder for the traffic files and simply uncheck the scenery area with  SceneryConfigEditor or SIMstarter NG when I don't want to run the traffic.

The SimObjects are still there, but if they aren't active they don't affect anything.

Edited by airernie
  • Upvote 1

Ernest Pergrem

You can deactivate the ship traffic when you set the ship traffic slider in the simulator to 0.

However, I have no problems with the ship traffic around Hawaii

Edited by Bluemarlin

Grüße / Greetings

aus / from Hamburg (the most beautiful city in the world) grin.gif

Manfred

SimDocks-Logo-dark-grey200px.png

On 11/17/2019 at 8:08 PM, R Smith said:

I'm having trouble getting p3dv4 to pick this add on up, followed the instructions on adding the add-on.xml text file and pasting the required details into it, then pasting the whole Global Ai ship traffic folder to my p3dv4 add on's folder in my documents, however after starting p3d i don't get the message asking to activate the add on.

Also looking in the add on's list in p3d also doesn't show it.

Any ideas?

bump. 😞

Richard Smith

Installed mine in  to P3dv4 the old way...Simobjects/boats etc

Scenery in to Scenery/world /scenery etc. No problem. works great.

Where is the latest version available?

How does one identify if they are running the latest version?

This run with P3Dv3.4.22.19868?

Win10Pro 22H2-19045.4123/IntelCorei7-3770K/GigabyteGA-Z68XP-UD3/32GBGSkillCL7-8-8-24/AsusRTX2070OC8GB/1TBCrucialMX500SSD/2 TB PNY CS900/(x3)1TBRAWMushkinSSDs/LGBlueRayBurner/RosewillChallengerTowerBlack/CorsairRM750wPSU/X56HOTAS/TtesportsCommanderKeyboardMousecombo/TrackIR5Pro/34inUltraWideScreenLG2560x1080p/TM2xMFDCougar/OculusQuest2/InateckKU5211PCIe3.2/LTERIVERPCIeG2S4/TMobileHomeInternet5G

MSI Codex Series R2 B14NUC7-095US/Windows 11 Home 22H2 22631.3374/i7 14700F/MSI Pro B760 VC Wifi II/RTX 4060/32GB DDR5 5600mhz/650w Gold PSU

Simviation is where l got mine from.

Yes it should run fine.

This is the version you want...Global_AI_Ship_Traffic_V2

Dated: 06 October 2019.

If you are interested in find the various ships I am bringing out and program at the end of January where you can go

and find them.

Bigcav

Carl's locator for the Global AI Ship Traffic V2 is now available on simviation here link to download of locator from simviation and the latest version of the Global Global AI SHip Traffic from 2019 can be found here  Link to download of Global AI Ship Traffic V2 on simviation

Unfortunately it has not been possible to upload Global AI Ship Traffic  on avsim due to file size limits.

Thanks Carl for making this available and keeping track of the now 1100+ ships, 1800+ routes and more the 22000+ ship movements in the Global AI Ship Traffic project..

19092808215916112916428363.jpg

• Like 1

As I have been a bit silent here since the release of the Global AI Ship Traffic V2 some news: Currently we are working on a Classic Ship pack - a lot of classic ships are already included in the V2, but not all of the activated on routes - that will come now - in addition new models are being done covering the late 60'ies, the 70'ies and 80'ies... the time I was a kid and took my bicycle down to the harbor and enjoyed the smell of coffee from the boats coming from Brazil and dreaming about places far away... My better half today is Brazilian and that harbor on the other side of the Atlantic from where those ships came is just few kilometers from our house...

The classic P&O cruise ship S.S.Canberra is just one of the new models in the ship yard now - still some way to go but she is getting there...

20011808343116112916608032.jpg

The Altantic Conveyor was not just one of the most modern container ships of the time - she also became a part of history as she was the first British ship to be sunk by the Argentinians during the Falkland war

19120808583316112916547023.jpg

19120808583416112916547025.jpg

• Like 2