Sign in to follow this  
darthranger

2 gb vs 4 gb Video Card for P3D

I'm considering upgrading from a 2gb GPU to a 4gb GPU to take advantage of the potential for P3D to off-load on to the GPU from the CPU.

Just wondering if anyone has upgraded and noticed any significant improvement in performance vs the $400 cost ??

I just upgrade from a 2gig 770 to a 4gig 970 only because I max out video ram with 3 monitors, very little difference. but for only 1 monitor a 2 gig works fine.

2gb for one monitor is fine and it does the job in fsx just turn DSR on cleans up jagged edges well. Only running 3 monitors is more powerful card needed. P3d different story and Xplane it uses the gpu more.

2gb for one monitor is fine and it does the job in fsx just turn DSR on cleans up jagged edges well. Only running 3 monitors is more powerful card needed. P3d different story and Xplane it uses the gpu more.

ancient ideas circa 2012

get 4G

I guess a good question to ask is which 2gb card do you have NOW? if you only have an older 2gb card and you want a faster card then yes buy a 4gb card. the 4gb 970 i just got works great and I would recommend it especially for other games.

Yep, I went for more onboard RAM rather than a little more speed.  So I got the GeForce GTX 780 6GB rather than the 780ti 4GB.  With three 27" displays I am glad I did.

Not many of them left on market. On british Amazon there is only one from Asus for £404 and as usual overpriced Titan for £786... And no news about 900-family with extra memory on board :(

What's your refresh rate running 3 monitors though the GPU ?

I've been running 3 monitors through a Matrox TH2Go since long before GPU's supported it... but one of the downsides is the limited Refresh Rate

I'm using (3) 24" Dell Ultra sharps on my GTX970. I believe its at 60hz. And I use the nvidia 1/2 refresh rate lock with the scenery dialed in right I can maintain 30fps through ORBX scenery.