Sign in to follow this  
KSATRoadWarrior

French Terrorism - prayers, condolences and support

My heart felt prayers to the people of France during this horrific times.

Bob "roadwarrior" Werab

Config: ASUS Prime Motherboard, RYZEN 5, 32 GB Ram, Radeon RX5700 XT, 2 TB SSD

I can't believe the year just started and we already have stuff like this happening...

RIP

Yes, RiP to the victims and families caught up in this terrible attack.

(One can only imagine what the people of Syria have been going through these past few years having this type of carnage happen day and night times a thousand).

I'm a little puzzled though as to why the magazine kept 'pushing the satirical envelope' (as one news-channel put it),  despite a previous attack on its offices. Poking a leopard with a stick springs to mind.

I'm a little puzzled though as to why the magazine kept 'pushing the satirical envelope'

Err freedom of speech?  Not pandering to demands made under the threat of violence?  Let's put it another way, during the Soviet era how would the West have responded if the Supreme Soviet had threatened us for publishing The Gulag Archipelago?

RIP to the victims and my condolences to the relatives of the dead.

Ian R Tyldesley

Err freedom of speech? 

There is no freedom of speech on moderated forums. People have to act within the rules and not be derogatory towards other people's religions etc. You don't see people risking fire-bombing and shooting for their right to full expression on forums like these.

A little tact and the tragedy in France may never have happened.

RiP

White, UK.

There is no freedom of speech on moderated forums. People have to act within the rules and not be derogatory towards other people's religions etc. You don't see people risking fire-bombing and shooting for their right to full expression on forums like these.

A little tact and the tragedy in France may never have happened.

RiP

White, UK.

It was not poking fun at 'other' people's religions.  It was poking fun at ALL reigions and politicians that thae themselves too seriously.  That's what the magazine does.  Islam and its dieties are nothing special.

I am a strong believer in Freedom of Speech and Freedom of Press however for years this has been going on and warnings and threats made against this publication, so when I heard the news and how shocking this all is I will admit I felt not surprised that it happened. This is the age we live in so it you are going to 'poke the bear', then be prepared for a lifetime of watching your back, even the best of security has loop holes. Sometimes people do die for what they believe and this one seems to be the case. 

RIP to the victims and all the best to the families. 

Matthew Kane

And to think that the OP just wanted to give condolences to France and the victims. Let's all get a grip and move on. These are things that likely will never be settled. I offer my condolences to the families of the victims. My you find peace.

Folks all I wanted to do as the op was to express condolence to the families and the People of France.

Bob "roadwarrior" Werab

Config: ASUS Prime Motherboard, RYZEN 5, 32 GB Ram, Radeon RX5700 XT, 2 TB SSD

Folks all I wanted to do as the op was to express condolence to the families and the People of France.

Well said.

I'd like to add my condolences and prayers to all the victims that have gone through this tragedy  

Edited by 738

Chris Howard

God love them, my prayers and thoughts are with them.