Sign in to follow this  
N1G

Just added Skymaxx Pro and X-Camera

Hi,

Well I never thought I would say this but I am really enjoying XPX. Skymaxx has increased the immersion factor considerably and now x-camera with my Trackir is an awesome replacement for the good old EZDok. X-camera has some nice features, so those of you who have not yet given it a try, I suggest you do as it also interfaces well with Trackir. One thing that I really enjoy is the ability to move to another camera view,  and have the option to enable/disable Trackir once at that view. I used to disable Trackir (F9) with a joystick button on some views in FSX if I needed a steady view i.e. for tuning radios. With x-camera it's an option for any camera so it happens automatically if you choose. I am just getting into it and so far it is working well.  

The dusk and nights are awesome as I got my f33 updated to v3.

Bob

Bob,

Like with all of the sims, you're going to find that X-Plane does some things really well and others,not so much. Sometimes the visuals can be just stunning. There are a few things that XPX lacks that will have to be provided by third party developers. ATC, weather injector and an AI traffic program. It took 3PD's to provide the same things in MSFS to get it to where it is today. There are also a lot of really well done freeware scenery packages and airports. Like you, I am really starting to enjoy this sim.

NAX669.png

Dear moderators,

Can the above paragraph be saved. Then rapidly copied and pasted into any of the inevitable threads themed "X-plane is rubbish compared with......(insert name of alternative flight sim) "

Cheers TIM

Well to be fair I haven't seem many "Sim A is rubbish compared with Sim B" type of posts or threads - maybe at the Steam forums, but not on any of the dedicated flightsim forums.

Also, X-Plane, FSX and P3D all come with the great MultiSim™ feature, that lets you install any sim without first uninstalling all the others.

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

I bought the 777 for X-plane and I am really enjoying it.  I installed the pumper's texture and its on par with PMDG now. I am really playing more x-plane than P3D and FSX.  Add EFASS and Skymaxx pro and I got great weather engine with amazing clouds. It does have it's quirk but it has been setup, it works pretty well and my cpu never goes about 40% usage. Where P3D and FSX I have to put a FPS limited to keep it smooth.

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

I get some changes in performance  from time to time after exiting the Skymaxx and/or the rendering settings screen without making any changes whatsoever .  I have tried to figure out what causes it but so far, no explanation. Since it is both screens I would point to XP but who knows. Sometimes my average frames go up sometimes as much as 30-40 percent, but they also will go down by that much too. Go figure.

Bob

Bob, thanks for posting about the camera addon. I didn't know about it until you just mentioned it.

Regarding you're fps drops...there's a bug I came across about a year ago so lets see if this is what's affecting you (or not). If you use HDR try this (if you do not use HDR then your issue must be elsewhere):

- when you notice the fps drop go into you're rendering settings menu and choose "none" in the drop-down menu for the fxx/aa stuff...go back now and check your fps...has it gone up alot?...you can now go back and change it to whatever you normally set it at before you changed it to "none" (and your fps should stay high now without any fps loss).

...not sure if this is actually your issue but give it a shot and post back if it helped.

Hey Dave, not using HDR. I am going to go through this methodically 1st with my plugins. I have about 4 is all. I can load the flight and the get out of the sim and load the same one with one of the plugins disabled and repeat. Hopefully I can narrow it down. I think it is Skymaxx Pro. It is constantly changing formations etc so maybe that is it. I disabled all the heavy stuff that they say hits your FPS, but I am still getting them. I will let you know.  Thanks for chiming in.

Bob 

Ok Bob, also I know that most folks (including myself) keep their cloud setting pretty low (I use around 30%)...if you haven't already turned it down.

Let us know how it goes!

Ok Bob, also I know that most folks (including myself) keep their cloud setting pretty low (I use around 30%)...if you haven't already turned it down.

Let us know how it goes!

Well, Skymaxx Pro does not use a % of clouds and the XPX Cloud % is bypassed by Skymaxx Pro and is not used. So not sure what you mean.

Bob

Hey RocketRod (I wanted to say RocketMan)

I have had excellent performance but added 2 plugins at the same time along with my TrackIr 5

1. Skymaxx Pro

2. X-Camera

So it is one of these as all was well in sim land with the smoothness of a babies &@($* before installing these.

I will figure it out this coming week. The weekends are spent with the wife for the most part so the simming happens during the week! Thanks for asking though.

Bob