Sign in to follow this  
Groovin_DC-10

Zinertek HD Airport Graphics Update

Richard, I have ASN, how can I get rid of the over the top reflections. I landed at Hurghada in the Egyptian desert after some light rain, all I could see were reflections of pine forest!! I do have Rex With Overdrive installed.

Hi Paul :

You can over write it with rex go to airports tab - then to surface reflection - that will over write it for you - should be good to go - or you can go into rex folders and search for runway_bump and copy that to your main sim texture folder and over write it - this would be the manual way

Rich Sennett

Many thanks, I will try it later.

Thanks Richard.....

Welcome Guys - anytime

Rich Sennett

Sorry, but i'm late to the party on this one.

Does the Zinertek installer allow you to "cherry pick" which textures will be installed and not installed?  Can you install just the building textures and leave the runways alone??

Thanks.

Regards, Kendall

Sorry, but i'm late to the party on this one.

Does the Zinertek installer allow you to "cherry pick" which textures will be installed and not installed?  Can you install just the building textures and leave the runways alone??

Thanks.

No but if you have rex products you can over ride textures after with rex 

Rich Sennett

Also late to the party, and was reading the first page and comments about "ditching payware" but I though Zinnertek was payware?

Also late to the party, and was reading the first page and comments about "ditching payware" but I though Zinnertek was payware?

What people meant was, ditching payware airports, after having bought this Zinertek Airport Enhancer.

What people meant was, ditching payware airports, after having bought this Zinertek Airport Enhancer.

I see, cheers!

Certainly when I fly VAS or FPS intensive addons like the PMDG 777 or the iFly 747v2, I disable all addon airports, and only use the default airports, improved by Airport Enhancer.

But for any other aircraft, including GA, I use addon airports where available.

If you're someone who would never fly to/from default airports, then Airport Enhancer is a waste of money.   But for those that will occasionally (or always) use default airports, it really improves them.   B)

Maybe a stupid question but is the limit on VAS a overall or cumulatively based figure of 3000.

Ie let's say you fly Egll to Kjfk and you take up 2500 VAS at egll does that mean you only have 500 to play with until Kjfk or does it mean once your out of the egll area you've got 3000 to play with

14ppkc-6.png

hey guys,

I bought this product and its excellent..however i have a question?  the textures corresponding to taxiways, runways and airport signs, which is better, rex4 or HD airport graphics in your opinion?

thanking you

hey guys,

I bought this product and its excellent..however i have a question?  the textures corresponding to taxiways, runways and airport signs, which is better, rex4 or HD airport graphics in your opinion?

thanking you

For those, I'd definitely say REX4 is better.     Airport Enhancer is more about the far improved airport default terminals and buildings.

For those, I'd definitely say REX4 is better.     Airport Enhancer is more about the far improved airport default terminals and buildings.

I agree to Craig here. Additionally REX4 let's you choose from different versions of runway, apron, etc. textures.

Cheers

Frank

thanks guys..i will stick with rex4 textures for those..besides as quoted by Frank..rex 4 lets you choose from a wide variety of textures like heavy use, light use, different versions of runways, taxiways, etc:....

cheers