Sign in to follow this  
Groovin_DC-10

Zinertek HD Airport Graphics Update

Same here.  Like Pe11e, I also noticed better airport vehicles performance.  For the first time I have it maxed out.

I guess it depends on your expectations when purchasing the product.  I bought it because it looks so much better than default (hd or not).  The HD part was not a selling point for me.

I also have experience with the same type of product they made for FS9, so I kind of knew what to expect.

I'm curious to know what they changed/updated.  They didn't mention what changes were made.

Not sure this got answered yet but this was just posted at flightsim.com:

http://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/content.php?15559-Zinertek-HD-Airport-Graphics-Updated-To-V2

I thought probably just a new installer that deals with FSX-SE but it looks like the updates might be rather significant.

http://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/content.php?15559-Zinertek-HD-Airport-Graphics-Updated-To-V2

I thought probably just a new installer that deals with FSX-SE but it looks like the updates might be rather significant.

Major update from the original. Believe me folks, this is a really easy, and cheap, FSX/PD/SE update. I actually love the new tarmac, signs, and taxi ways... and I have REX.

Hmm.... this might be the epitome of an addon that would lend itself to a trial. I know it's only US$17-18 but, unlike that dude that posted recently about giving up on payware airports, I don't use default airports all that much...

How can I check that I've got V2 from Simmarket two days ago? Nothing says in installer which version is it.

BTW look at the first line of product desription:

For the first time you will be able to experience your airports in FSX and Prepar3D in High Definition!

I mean guys, seriously. Did Zinertek guys follow FSX addon scene even a bit? REX, Cielosim? Hellooo!  :lol:

Also:

Everything has been done in HD including NEW airport vehicles, taxiway signs, runways, jetways, terminals, hangars, taxiway markings, parking spaces and much more! You will instantly notice a complete transformation of your airports no matter where you are flying.

So everything is done in HD. This is such a false statement. Only taxiways and runway Zinertek did in HD, and let's say hangar textures, that's it!

I'm this <-> close to contact Zinertek about this.

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

Whoa!  I thought it was only taxi line improvements.  I had no idea it was going to be that many.  Makes sense, as all my add ons that have a complete new installer as updates, give big changes.

Can't wait to see the fps improvement they're talking about.  First version already runs smooth.

I will update this weekend.  Thanks for the link.

I'm this <-> close to contact Zinertek about this.

I sense a new update coming in the near future.... Zinertek TRUE HD Airport Graphics Ver.Pe11e :lol: .

I'm guessing you got the updated version.  If you got the earlier version like I did, they would have sent you an email.  You did make the purchase after I made this post, right?  I posted after I saw the email.

If you want to be on the safe side, uninstall the current one, download it again from simmarket, and install it.

I sense a new update coming in the near future.... Zinertek TRUE HD Airport Graphics Ver.Pe11e :lol: .

I'm guessing you got the updated version.  If you got the earlier version like I did, they would have sent you an email.  You did make the purchase after I made this post, right?  I posted after I saw the email.

If you want to be on the safe side, uninstall the current one, download it again from simmarket, and install it.

Yes, I bought it on 29th, just after midnight CET. I guess it's V2 then.

I'm still mad for false advertising ONLY, to be honest the textures are a lot better than default, no complaints on that side. I will surely contact Zinertek though, because the first thing that attracted me to buy this addon is HD airport terminals statement. I expected 1024p, because that is HD in compare with default 128/256p textures. I bet that Zinertek guys know for certain what High Definition means, so false advertising is very obvious here.

I will check their textures once again though. I will install them in a separate empty non-FSX folder just to be sure.

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

Misleading isn't good, although who owns the definition of HD? Converting textures from low detail to high detail without changing the resolution might still be considered "HD" compared to the old textures. Also, there might be limitations within FSX as to wether all textures can be upresed.

Anyway, it would be good to get some calrification.

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

HD or not, I guess the best way to explain it is... Everything (in this package) is better then the stock versions.

It works on the entire world.

So a global facelift with no hit on FPS for 15 bucks. It's a good deal.

HD or not, I guess the best way to explain it is... Everything (in this package) is better then the stock versions.

It works on the entire world.

So a global facelift with no hit on FPS for 15 bucks. It's a good deal.

Even though they misrepresented the product.

I played a bit with one terminal texture, resized it to 512x512 with Perfect Resize software, enhanced it a bit in Photoshop, and got this:

2015-1-31_15-52-50-702_zps642c5acf.jpg

It's a bit better and sharper for sure. The details are maybe a bit overdone, that can be corrected easily. I will use this enhanced texture from now on, and I will resize and enhance all other 256x256 important textures. I don't know do I have the permission to share this? I guess I don't because these are enhanced Zinertek's textures.

I don't know do I have the permission to share this?

Yea that would be a major copyright violation! But you could explain the directory tree, and give a link to your software. Others may be interested in doing the same.

I played a bit with one terminal texture, resized it to 512x512 with Perfect Resize software, enhanced it a bit in Photoshop, and got this:

2015-1-31_15-52-50-702_zps642c5acf.jpg

It's a bit better and sharper for sure. The details are maybe a bit overdone, that can be corrected easily. I will use this enhanced texture from now on, and I will resize and enhance all other 256x256 important textures. I don't know do I have the permission to share this? I guess I don't because these are enhanced Zinertek's textures.

They should pay you to fix there mess.

HD would imply that the texture size would be 1920 x 1080 or a picture having 2073600 pixels.  A 1024 x 1024 texture sheet would be 1048576 pixels - about half as much as HD. So in truth , in game terms for it to be HD it would have to have 2048 x 2048 texture sheets, or whatever multiplier the game lets you load them in....HD has really become nothing more than a marketing term these days anyways.

At least with Carenado aircraft they advertise as HD, the density of pixels is higher than HD quality on their textures cause they use 2048x2048 textures